PDA

View Full Version : I obviously totally didn't understand

bip
03-12-2007, 09:59 PM
There was a lot of chatter on this site a few months ago about doing two things at once, socks, sleeves, etc. I am making a cardigan for my mom's best friend, and I thought I could use the same principle to do both front panels at the same time...but it isn't working at all. It worked for the first 6 inches, but now I need to start shaping the outer edges and I can't seem to get the panels oriented correctly.

I realized I had a problem when I tried to choose a "front" and "back" so that I could also identify left and right and avoid making two identical front panels. Now I keep ending up with the yarn in the wrong place. I have tried flipping one side, but that makes it worse.

I'm just working with 1 circ, do I need a second? Does this not work for mirror images? I don't see why that would make a difference. HELP. My poor little brain is scrambled :(

Ingrid
03-12-2007, 10:23 PM
At this point, it might be easier to put one on another needle or scrap yarn and work one at a time. This way, you can just follow the pattern for the left side and then just for the right side.