PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Blanket #2 is Back Home in NC!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

REVS
05-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Oh, so exciting!You're almost done, so it will come my way sometime soon! :happydance:
You really are a fast knitter, you just zipped right through this. What an example to set for me - less than a week! You rock! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I think oddball boo-boos only add to the overall appeal. They're a sign that this blanket truely is handmade with love. :heart:

Can't wait, can't wait!!! Okay, I better practice patience instead of getting ahead of myself. There's another international border crossing in the hand of the postal service to survive. :pray:

Dangles, have fun with finishing the blanket!
Will you take another picture with your little ones once you're done? They are so adorable! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Shandeh
05-01-2007, 05:31 PM
what's an Oddball blanket without and oddball boo-boo :D
I agree 100%! :)

In fact, I made a mistake while CASTING ON one of our blankets! :teehee:
I'll give a skein of yarn to whoever finds it, though! :rofl:

I'm glad you're doing well, and WAY TO GO on almost finishing!

And it looks like REVS is ready for it! :)

Dangles
05-02-2007, 02:47 AM
Update:

I'm all done! :happydance: :happydance:

Shandeh
05-02-2007, 03:49 AM
Way to go, Dangles! :cheering:

AnreeAce
05-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Wow Dangles, you knit fast! :cheering:

I'm still dithering over a pattern... :roll:

REVS
05-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Yay, Dangles, way to go!!! :cheering:

I'm still trying out patterns, too. I thought I found the perfect one (http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches/pavilion.htm), but I think it would take more than 3" to really work. My sample is at 2.5" and it's not convincing yet... not bad but not great either.

Back to the drawing, I mean knitting board...
Or maybe I'll just do what the blanket wants when it gets here.
:??

AnreeAce
05-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Or maybe I'll just do what the blanket wants when it gets here.

There's something to be said for letting the yarn speak to you! :teehee:

My DH thinks I'm nuts when I talk to my yarn... I just tell him that if he weren't a little hard of hearing he'd know that it's a two-sided conversation!

PS: Fixed your link: perfect one (http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches/pavilion.htm)

That's a nice pattern, I made a sweater out of it! I don't think you could get it into 3 inches though... :thinking:

REVS
05-02-2007, 01:57 PM
AnreeAce, thanks for fixing my link. I don't even know what I did wrong... :oops:

A sweater with that pattern sounds very cool! Do you have pics up somewhere?

:teehee: yarn conversations... :teehee: I know what you mean though. I try and keep both parts of that conversation low volume, but I have it anyways... :rofl:

Shandeh
05-02-2007, 02:29 PM
That design is WAY COOL! 8)

AnreeAce
05-02-2007, 05:58 PM
A sweater with that pattern sounds very cool! Do you have pics up somewhere?

Here you go:

Sleeves:
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m239/acehudson1/MosaicBoatneck/Sleeves.jpg

Front and back:
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m239/acehudson1/MosaicBoatneck/FrontAndBack.jpg

All done:
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m239/acehudson1/MosaicBoatneck/SelfPortrait.jpg

It's the Mosaic Boatneck from The Pleasures of Knitting (http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=1-1564775666-0). It came out a bit longer than I would have liked because my row gauge was off, but it was my first sweater and I love it.

REVS
05-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Wow, AnreeAce, that's gorgeous!
And that was your first sweater? That's awesome! I still have to attempt that some day.
The pattern is perfect for a sweater but i can see how it would not be so good for 3'' of blanket. The pic with the pattern stitch makes it look way smaller...

AnreeAce
05-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Thank you! :muah:

Knit sweaters, they're easier than they look, and not nearly so scary if you just break them down into small tasks!

Shandeh
05-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Is that you wearing your sweater, Andrea? I've never seen your face before! :hug: Love the sweater, by the way! :thumbsup:

AnreeAce
05-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Yep, that's my face all right! And the rest of me too! :teehee:

Rennagayle
05-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Gorgeous sweater, AnreeAce, and I love being able to put faces to names. :D

PaperGirl
05-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Thats SO pretty!

Dangles
05-03-2007, 02:44 PM
The moment that you have all been waiting for ... with models of course :D

*Even little man got his first haircut. But I think I should have cut the top back a little shorter oops :teehee:*

http://members.shaw.ca/jenn_w/Oddball2doneKH.jpg

The Blanket itself
http://members.shaw.ca/jenn_w/OCB2.jpg

Close Up
http://members.shaw.ca/jenn_w/OCB2CloseUp.jpg

Rennagayle
05-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Dangles, that is beautiful. :heart: You're right, that Simply Soft country blue goes excellently with the border Sandy started.

Your little munchkins look "squeezably" adorable. :hug:

humblestumble
05-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Wow, your tension is great and you did it so fast!

Jan in CA
05-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Your kids are adorable! Blanket looks fabulous!

REVS
05-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Dangles, that's gorgeous! Both the blanket and the models!

I can see why this brings up sunset/rise by the sea for you. I'll have to carefully match my colors now :)
I couldn't help thinking sandy beach and water -- :teehee: Sandy's sandy beach and Dangles's water :teehee:
Sorry, silly spell today...

Can't wait to receive this beauty!

AnreeAce
05-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Wow, that's beautiful! :heart:

And such adorable kids! :inlove:

PaperGirl
05-04-2007, 12:20 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Shandeh
05-04-2007, 11:55 PM
The "Sandy sea shore"..... :teehee:

It DOES look like the ocean at the shore! :heart: :heart:
Those children are GORGEOUS!

kristinw
05-10-2007, 08:40 AM
I could barely find our Oddball #2 thread so a bump was in order!

:flirt:

Shandeh
05-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Thank you kristen! :hug:

So.....now.....here we all sit, waiting to see how the blanket manages coming BACK to the US from Canada. :help: :oo:

:pray: (No singing monkeys.....NO singing monkeys....) :pray:

:teehee:

itsjustmeghan
05-10-2007, 09:01 PM
what cutiepie kids! and i love the color choices! it DOES remind me of a beach. ahhhh...warm weather is finally here! i can't wait to sit in teh sunshine and work on this one!

letah75
05-12-2007, 11:56 PM
I keep loosing my notifications, just wanted to post so I'll get the e-mails.

Shandeh
05-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Good news!

I just received a voice mail from REVS. She got the blanket!!!

Dangles was traveling to the US, so she and REVS met in person! :)

I think it's so cool that our blanket is bringing people together across national borders. :happydance:

And I got to hear REVS voice on my phone! :hug: :heart:
Thanks for the wonderful message, REVS! I laughed, I cried....it was nice. :muah:

REVS
05-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Hey everyone,

Dangles decided not to trust the postal service with international border crossings any more... ;-)
Instead she personally delivered the blanket to me on her way into a long weekend south of the border (her border). :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
Last Thursday I met her, her adorable kids, and her very patient husband. We went yarn shopping (big sale at my LYS) and then out to dinner. I had a great time meeting them and hope I will see them again sometime soon. They live really rather close to me. :happydance:
It is so wonderful to meet some other blanket people in person! It makes the whole thing so much more special if you can put a face to the previous and next people that will knit on this together, creating such a lovely piece of love and compassion.
Thank you so very much for starting this Shandeh! :hug:

I took home the blanket and verrrry nice goodies from my meeting. THANK YOU, DANGLES! :muah:
I received a super sweet card with the most beautiful tea table decoration on the front - and the fitting tea to sip while I knit; a gorgeous locally made stitch marker - AND... sock yarn! Now, I have never made socks, but Dangles knew that they are NEXT on my list of things, right after our blanket. And she interpreted my color likes perfectly, I :heart: the yarn! I might have to save this ball for the second pair, though, so that I'm sure I won't screw up...

I promptly took pictures on Thursday, but then life got in the way and I'm only posting today. Sorry! :oops:
I'm starting my portion tonight, after one more swatch for the perfect pattern...

Ruth

Jan in CA
05-14-2007, 08:15 PM
That's awesome!

kristinw
05-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Yay! How awesome is that?! :cheering:

Rennagayle
05-14-2007, 10:16 PM
That is so cool, and your goodie package looks scrumptious! KH'ers are such nice people. :hug:

Dangles
05-15-2007, 02:25 AM
Opps :doh: I forgot put one more thing in REVS package :oops:

It was great meeting REVS we had fun at the yarn store ... it only took about 45 min while DH was waiting at the restaurant down the street with the two kids. :teehee:

AnreeAce
05-15-2007, 09:08 AM
What a wonderful way to deliver the blanket! And what sweet gifts!

Oh boy, that means I'm next... I'd better start looking at stitch patterns again!

Good luck Ruth, keep us posted! :muah:

Shandeh
05-15-2007, 10:55 AM
:thud: That sock yarn IS gorgeous! :passedout:

PaperGirl
05-15-2007, 12:06 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Shandeh
05-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Today, I made a new blog, showing the location and progress of each of our blankets! http://blanketfinder.blogspot.com/

Dangles
05-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Today, I made a new blog, showing the location and progress of each of our blankets! http://blanketfinder.blogspot.com/

:cheering: :cheering: Shandeh. Great looking blanket finder. :)

Shandeh
05-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Thanks, Dangles! :hug:

Dangles
05-16-2007, 08:55 PM
You're welcome, Shandeh

G J
05-16-2007, 09:42 PM
I've never done anything like this, but I'd love to help. What are the requirements besides the knitting? Do I use yarn on hand? What kind? I'm on a budget but have lots of acrylic someone gave me.

Shandeh
05-16-2007, 11:10 PM
I've never done anything like this, but I'd love to help. What are the requirements besides the knitting? Do I use yarn on hand? What kind? I'm on a budget but have lots of acrylic someone gave me.

Hello GJ! We currently have 4 Oddball Blankets in progress, and they each have a full group of 25 knitters already.

I'll probably start another blanket soon, so I can add you to the list for that one if you want. Just send me a PM with your mailing address, and I'll let you know when we start another blanket.
:hug:

GennyLynn1962
05-17-2007, 03:11 PM

The blog is cool! It's great to see where all of the blankets are, it's hard to believe that the one I worked on is in Washington!

BTW - Looking at the picture of blanket #1 it looks like the lifeline I put in it may still be there, it can be taken out. It could be the lighting of the picture, but I wanted to remind you just in case.:shrug:

Shandeh
05-18-2007, 01:47 AM
The blog is cool! It's great to see where all of the blankets are, it's hard to believe that the one I worked on is in Washington!

BTW - Looking at the picture of blanket #1 it looks like the lifeline I put in it may still be there, it can be taken out. It could be the lighting of the picture, but I wanted to remind you just in case.:shrug:

Thank you Genny! Yeah, I would say that the lifeline can be removed now, since there have been a few knitters after you.:lol:

jhelanee
05-18-2007, 02:05 AM
FYI Shandeh and Genny: I moved the lifeline in blanket #1 after I knit my portion.

knitknut
05-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Sorry if I missed it, but what size needles are we using? I'm trying to figure out a stitch pattern to use.

Thanks!

Shandeh
05-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Sorry if I missed it, but what size needles are we using? I'm trying to figure out a stitch pattern to use.
Thanks!
If I remember correctly, the needle is size 8 or 9.
REVS, would you mind checking the size with a needle gauge?

Dangles
05-19-2007, 12:55 AM
I reckon it's a US 9, Shandeh.

If I remember correctly, the needle is size 8 or 9.
REVS, would you mind checking the size with a needle gauge?

REVS
05-20-2007, 12:33 AM
I just checked, and with my gauge it comes out to a size 7! I would have said something a little larger, too, but this is what it came out as... :shrug:

I should be done with my portion tomorrow sometime, I'll post pictures then. It's been quick and fun - and I'm liking what it looks like... hehe ... You'll have to be patient until tomorrow for pictures!

Dangles
05-20-2007, 04:32 AM
:cheering: Good going, REVS! You are fast knitter as well. Now you can start working on those socks :teehee: Pictures, pictures * I can't wait *

REVS, when I got home I realised I forgot to put the one goody in your package :blush:. I guess it will have to wait till our next meeting. We like the U Village area. We think we will have the hit the U Dub area when we are there :)

Rennagayle
05-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. I can hardly wait to see Rev's pics. :woohoo:

REVS
05-21-2007, 01:40 AM
I am late with pics - was hanging out with puppies and babies all day instead... Sorry!

I took some pics on this rainy day, though. I'll edit them tomorrow and post then.

Sorry to keep you waiting...

Shandeh
05-21-2007, 01:44 AM
That's okay. We are a patient group. :hug:

knitknut
05-21-2007, 12:05 PM
:thumbsup: Thank you for checking on the needle size. I can start playing with stitch patterns if I ever finish tiling my floor!!

REVS
05-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Okay here's the picture post. I like how this came out and at the same time I'm not sure if it will work. What do you all think?

I did the butterfly pattern from the Vogue Stitchionary I. It was fun and pretty quick since you slip half the stitches on the right side rows. :teehee:
Here is question 1: The pattern bunches up if it's not smoothed! I'm hoping that might ease out with other patterns around it (and without being bunched up on the needles) but I'm not sure. :pray: When I tried the pattern on my test swatch it came out less bunchy... How big of a problem is this? I could frog and do something in a different pattern, wouldn't take that long...

Also, I went over the 3 inch allotment by about 1/4 - 1/2 inch, sorry! I guess I should have guessed that 18 rows stockinette will be longer than 18 rows garter stitch! :wall: I wanted two rows of stockinette to border the butterflies to the previous and next section. And because I thought I had more rows to fill I also separated the two butterfly repeats by two stockinette rows. So question 2 is - If it's important that I be closer to 3" I could redo this without those two rows in the middle...

What do you all think? It's okay if I have to re-do, so be honest.

Here's the pitcures - First, the overall shot of my portion, then a close-up of the butterflies, then a shot of the back and finally a shot of the bunchiness.

Rennagayle
05-21-2007, 03:11 PM
I don't feel qualified as an experienced enough knitter to answer, really, but my gut feeling is that it would be okay, that the weight of the blanket would pretty much smooth the extra pouf out of that, once the blanket is finished (or has more rows on the other side of yours.

It's BEAUTIFUL, that much I know! :inlove:

Dangles
05-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Oh REVS, it is so pretty. You've done a great job :cheering: and the colour goes well too.

** REVS sunset is seen setting amongst the Dangles ocean with the beautiful Shandeh Beaches ** :teehee:

kristinw
05-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Don't rip it! It looks great and the color is perfect. And once it is a full blanket and laid out the poofyness will not even be an issue!

letah75
05-21-2007, 03:45 PM
I think it looks great! I'm sure some of the bunched look is because it's on the cirs. I remember Shandeh saying the 3 inches is a guideline, as not everyone will knit exactly 3 inches. I hope you leave it, because it's so pretty!

REVS
05-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks everyone for the compliments! :oops:
Yes, I do like the pattern, too... I thought a sunset with butterflies on the ocean beach would be nice... :teehee:

I may try and put it on waste yarn tonight to see how much bunching it still does that way. I'll post some pics then.
I don't have all the goodies for AnreeAce yet, so that gives me a little time.

Thanks again for the comments! :muah:

Shandeh
05-21-2007, 07:49 PM
GORGEOUS!!! Please don't change a thing. And going a bit over 3 inches is no problem at all. :hug:

humblestumble
05-22-2007, 01:46 AM
Personally, I never cared for that stitch pattern much at all, but you are doing a terrific job with it, and it is all for a great cause so go for it! And who really likes to frog stuff (besides me)? I think I am the odd one out, but I say keep it. No need to rip back a perfectly good fabric.

kristinw
05-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Do we have to do a fancy stitch pattern? I have so much going on right now that I was hoping just to do either garter or stockinette. Is that okay?

And can someone tell me how much yarn it takes for 3"??

RiverDaughter
05-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Do we have to do a fancy stitch pattern? I have so much going on right now that I was hoping just to do either garter or stockinette. Is that okay?

No, you don't have to do a fancy stitch pattern kristinw, stockinette or garter is just fine. Some of us are just more bored and/or more obsessive than others, and will be doing fancy stitch patterns (me included :happydancing:).

I love the butterfly pattern, by the way! :cheering: I haven't gotten around to even attempting to look at the pattern yet, it scares me so, but it's just so lovely! :hug:

REVS
05-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments again! :muah:
It sounds like most votes were for just leaving the butterflies. I guess that's what I'll do.
I haven't tried the waste yarn yet, but I'm thinking I'll do that just for fun before mailing anyways. I'm planning to send this out to AnreeAce on Thursday or Friday.

I love the butterfly pattern, by the way! :cheering: I haven't gotten around to even attempting to look at the pattern yet, it scares me so, but it's just so lovely! :hug:

Thanks, RiverDaughter! It is really, really easy. You just slip stitches with yarn in front (loosely!) on RS rows and then after 5 RS rows of that you gather the loops onto the needle and knit them together with the next stitch. Try it, it's fun! :happydance: Let me know if you run into questions when you try.

Kristinw - I think it's preferable if there are some sections in garter stitch. If it's all patterned all the way it might be way too busy. So, garter stitch is perfectly fine! :thumbsup:

AnreeAce
05-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Oh wow, that's beautiful! Great yarn choice!

I'm so excited to be seeing the blanket in person soon! :cheering:

itsjustmeghan
05-23-2007, 11:09 PM
i love it love it love it love it!!!! it's turning out so nice!!!
depending on when the blanket hits my house, i'll probably end up just doing garter stitching too. but like it was said earlier, theres a place for garter stitch in every cherity blanket!!

congrats, shandeh, on having so many cherity projects that you've now got your own charity knitting section!!! how awesome!
they should call it the shandeh section!

Shandeh
05-24-2007, 01:27 AM
congrats, shandeh, on having so many cherity projects that you've now got your own charity knitting section!!! how awesome! they should call it the shandeh section!

:teehee: :muah:
I think we should ALL be congratulated!!! :cheering:

Rennagayle
05-24-2007, 12:55 PM
"they should call it the shandeh section"

Or, as Sean Connery would say it, "the Shandeh Shection". :rofling:

Shandeh
05-24-2007, 01:24 PM

:roflhard:

Dangles
05-25-2007, 12:33 AM

:roflhard:
:thumbsup: one, Rennagayle :)

REVS
05-25-2007, 04:39 AM
Wow, we've moved to the Shandeh Shection! :rofling:

Seriously, that's awesome, Shandeh! You are doing such a great job keeping us all organized you deserve a medal! I actually have something for you, even though it's not a medal. Can you pm me your address?

Also, I sent the blanket on to Oregon today. It's going Priority and with tracking number since I couldn't deliver it in person to AnreeAce (and we don't need no laughing donkeys next).
It should get there before the weekend they said. :happydance:
Safe travels dear blanket!:muah:

Someone asked how much yarn the 3" took. I did about 3 1/4 - 3 1/2" and it took one row more than one skein of Caron Simply Soft Tweed (150 yards/137 meters per skein). It probably depends on your stitch pattern, too. :shrug:
Running out of yarn at the end of the last RIGHT side row was a little bit of a bummer but luckily I had the extra skein and it was all good. I guess I wouldn't have had this problem if I had stopped at 3"...

AnreeAce
05-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Oh boy, it's on its way! :cheering:

Dangles
05-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Yay, our blanket is traveling again.:cheering: Safe journey blanket :muah:

RiverDaughter
05-26-2007, 04:12 AM
Shandeh (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/member.php?u=11653), I've PM'd you with my new address, as I move next Friday, and suspect that the blanket will be sent to my new address and not my old one. Though anything that shows up at my old address is good through the month of June. :happydance:

Shandeh
05-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Thanks RiverDaughter! :hug:

When you first signed up, you wanted to get the blanket before you moved, but it didn't work out that way, did it? :pout:

Oh well, thanks for being understanding. :heart:

AnreeAce
05-27-2007, 10:35 AM
The blanket got here yesterday, but I forgot to check the mail, so I didn't find it until about 20 minutes ago.

It looks great, and I can't beleive the goodys from Ruth! :thud:

Pictures in a bit!

AnreeAce
05-28-2007, 12:59 PM
OK, finally some pics!

The top one is the blanket and the journal as they arrived here. I need to make a run to the LYS for some matching yarn, and then I need to get cracking!

Then there are the goodies Ruth sent me: Some Girardelli Chocolates I'm going to need to hide from DH, a lovely card, 2 skeins of blue & purple sock yarn from Royale Hare (:thud:) a Burt's Bees Hand Care Kit, and, best of all, 5 hand-made stitch markers. The little flowers are just adorable! Thank you sooooooo much Ruth!

Now, off to buy yarn!

Shandeh
05-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Wow!!! :passedout:
That sock yarn! :drooling:

You got a GREAT package! :inlove:
REVS is a Master Spoiler!

Rennagayle
05-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Wow is right! Those stitch markers are adorable, too! :inlove:

REVS
05-29-2007, 02:38 AM
Oh, I'm glad the blanket got there safely! :cheering:

And I'm happy that you liked your goodies, AnreeAce!
The sockyarn was a super find - on sale at my LYS and I bought it when I met Dangles to receive the blanket, so it all ties in to this project perfectly, doesn't it?

Happy knitting to you and everyone else!
This was so much fun! I'm so glad that I was part of this and still have a portion on blanket #4 to look forward to!

Shandeh
05-29-2007, 09:00 AM
:muah:

AnreeAce
05-29-2007, 09:00 AM
The sockyarn was a super find - on sale at my LYS and I bought it when I met Dangles to receive the blanket, so it all ties in to this project perfectly, doesn't it?

I shall call them my Oddball Socks & laugh at all the friends who go :scratchinghead:

I went to Michael's yesterday, and dithered and dithered over yarn choices. This one was too dark, that one was too bright, one had a nice blue in it but it clashed with the red.

I finally settled on on Caron Simply Soft Shadows (http://www.shopcaron.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=215), in Mardi Grey. The grey is a good neutral, and the color wraps are a good match for the rest of the colors in the blanket. I'm doing the Tumbling Blocks pattern... and I'm using my new stitch markers.

So far so good, although it took me a while to get used to managing that many stitches... it's a bit unruly at first, but I got used to it.

PaperGirl
05-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh! What pretty pretty sock yarn! I cant WAIT to get the blanket here! Its getting close!

Shandeh
05-30-2007, 12:07 AM
Andrea, I am SO tempted by Caron Simply Soft Shadows whenever I see it. I'm just going to have to break down and buy some I guess. :teehee: (I'm torn between the Autumn and Dark Moss)

And you're right. It's a LOT of stitches!
You should have seen me counting all 300 when I cast on. :eyes:
(Thank God for stitch markers to mark 50 stitch increments)

AnreeAce
05-30-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm torn between the Autumn and Dark Moss

Then you should get both. :teehee:

I'm liking it a lot, the color repeats are nice and long. (I may have bought an extra skein just to see what it's like on shorter rows...)

Shandeh
05-30-2007, 12:45 PM
An excuse to go buy more yarn? :think: Yes!! :cheering:

I just thought I would post in here to let you all know that I might be unavailable for the next few days. I am having a piano recital for my piano students this weekend, so I'm busy getting ready for that. :wink:

Rennagayle
05-30-2007, 02:50 PM
You are one beeezy woman, Sandy! :eyes:

Shandeh
05-30-2007, 10:47 PM

If that's your way of saying I'm an airhead, you're absolutely CORRECT! :teehee:

AnreeAce
06-01-2007, 09:53 AM
I think I'm about halfway done with my section... it's amazing how quickly it's going considering how many stitches it is. I suppose contemplating 3 inches is a lot easier that the idea of knitting a whole blanket all by yourself!

Major panic last night though... I dropped a stitch and it ran all the way down into REVS' section before I noticed. :shock: Thank goodness for crochet hooks though. I got the stitch all the way back up again, and I can't even tell where the run was.

I feel like kind of a dope. I knew I should have put a lifeline in before I started. I mean, it's one thing to mess up my own knitting, but I would've been very :pout: & :help: if I'd messed up sombody elses.

Whew!

Rennagayle
06-01-2007, 11:09 AM
At the risk of sounding stupid, what is a lifeline and how do you do it?

Actually, I think I do know what it is, based on the reason indicated for it's use, but how do you do it, just run a length of yarn through the existing stitches that are on the needle when you receive it?:??

AnreeAce
06-01-2007, 12:04 PM
At the risk of sounding stupid, what is a lifeline and how do you do it?

There are no stupid questions! :fingerwag:

Actually, I think I do know what it is, based on the reason indicated for it's use, but how do you do it, just run a length of yarn through the existing stitches that are on the needle when you receive it?:??

You've got the idea. Use a smooth yarn that's not going to shed. I usually use a yarn that's thinner than the one the work is on, so if I'm knitting with worsted weight, I'd use a DK or sport weight for the lifeline so the stitches wouldn't get distorted. Just thread it on a darning needle and then run it through the stitches on the needles.

Caveats: If there are stitch markers on the work, run the lifeline under them, not through them (go ahead, ask me how I figured that out. :roll:). Be careful on the first row after a lifeline that you don't knit it into the next row.

It takes a little getting used to, but it can really save your sanity!

Rennagayle
06-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks, AnreeAce! I think I've got it, and I'll remember to pay special attention to stitchmarkers if they're there. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
06-02-2007, 12:48 AM
:doh:I just realized you were saying BUSY, not BREEZY! :roflhard:
(I guess I really AM an airhead!) :teehee:

Good save on the dropped stitch in the blanket, Andrea! You're GOOD! :thumbsup:

(And just be glad it didn't run all the way back to the beginning!) :teehee:

AnreeAce
06-02-2007, 10:04 AM

You'd have gottten a frantic phone call from me if it had!

I'm glad my husband wasn't here... he gets nervous when I curse at my knitting and demand to know why it's defying me. Not sure why, but he seems to think that something I do for fun should never upset me. Silly!

There's a hockey game on TV this afternoon, I should be able to get quite a bit done.

Rennagayle
06-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Sandy,

Originally Posted by Rennagayle http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/images/ca_serenity_purple/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?p=866863#post866863) You are one beeezy woman, Sandy! :eyes:

:rofling:

Dangles
06-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Sandy,

Good save on the dropped stitch in the blanket, Andrea! You're GOOD! :thumbsup:

:rofl: You made my smile biiiiiiiiiiiig (as my DD would say)

Shandeh
06-06-2007, 01:20 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/happy/1.gif

Dangles
06-06-2007, 02:36 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/happy/1.gif

What a cute e-mote ... reminds me of Serta sheep junior with his braces.

Shandeh
06-06-2007, 03:46 AM

Shandeh
06-06-2007, 08:18 PM
AnreeAce, are you finished knitting yet?

itsjustmeghan
06-07-2007, 10:28 AM
just posting so i get updates. i'm eager to see picture updates!
where is the official order list? i went hunting for it because i thought i was in the first 5, but i don't know if that's true anymore since it's in oregon...but i could be wrong!!

AnreeAce
06-07-2007, 11:36 AM
AnreeAce, are you finished knitting yet?

Not quite. I've got about 3 rows to go. I am determined to get it in the mail by next Monday at the very latest.

I'm thinking about putting it on a looooong piece of waste yarn when I finish just so we can get an idea of how big it really is. Don't worry RiverDaughter, I'll put it back on the needles if I do that!

Pictures soon, I promise!

Shandeh
06-07-2007, 11:46 PM
just posting so i get updates. i'm eager to see picture updates!
where is the official order list? i went hunting for it because i thought i was in the first 5, but i don't know if that's true anymore since it's in oregon...but i could be wrong!!
Here's the link to our Oddball Blanket #2 Blog:
http://secondoddball-knitalong.blogspot.com/

The list of knitters is on the right side of the blog. You just need to scroll down the page to see it.

There are several knitters before you, my friend (you're the 14th knitter). But, don't worry....it will get there eventually!:thumbsup:

AnreeAce
06-11-2007, 09:48 AM
OK, finally with the pictures. I had to work quickly because I was losing light!

There's one shot of the entire blanket and also a close-up of the Tumbling Blocks pattern I used. I dithered a little bit over whether I'd chosen the right pattern for the yarn, but I think it turned out well.

My family went through a health scare with my Mom while I was knitting this, so there's a lot of hope for healing worked in with the knits and purls.

I'll be sending it off to Wyoming today at lunchtime!

LadyB
06-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Looks lovely AnreeAce! The colors look so pretty together.

letah75
06-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Looks wonderful AnreeAce.:heart:

Rennagayle
06-11-2007, 01:13 PM
It's beautiful, AnnreeAce. :heart:

Is your mom doing better? :pray:

AnreeAce
06-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Mom's doing better than we expected.

She found a lump in her neck which turned out to be cancerous when biopsied. The good news is that the CT scan showed only the one small node on her neck. Her oncologist says no chemo, a very slight chance of removing the node surgically and probably no radiation. They're going after it with medication.

It's still cancer, and I'd rather she not have it, but this is far better than the worst-case scenarios which were spinning through my head.

feministmama
06-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Can I just say you are so cool for doing this :muah:this just renews my faith knitters are the best people in the whole world. *sniff* I love you guys:heart:

Rennagayle
06-11-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that AnnReeAce, but it does sound like she's got one of the better cancers to have if a person must have it.

REVS
06-11-2007, 05:24 PM
AnreeAce,
gorgeous job on the blanket. The colors and the pattern look great woth the rest of the blanket! Yippee! :cheering:

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom! :hug: I am glad they seem to have found it early though and that non-invasive treatment seems to be all that's needed.

Much love and many good thoughts for you all!

AnreeAce
06-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks everybody! :muah: Having the blanket to work on was a real help while we were waiting for results and news.

Well, the blanket's on the way to Wyoming!

So excited to see what RiverDaughter does with it!

Dangles
06-11-2007, 07:30 PM
AnreeAce, you did a fantabulous job on the blanket and great colours too.

Sending prayers for your mom and your family.:hug:

snephenie
06-11-2007, 07:50 PM
It looks wonderful! I used the same yarn on the baby blanket KAL...

I'm so glad that your mother is doing better!

RiverDaughter
06-12-2007, 01:16 AM
I hope your Mom is doing a lot better, Anree. :hug:

I should get the blanket in a few days (shipping is at least a day slower out here because of the lack of in instate major post office spot), but I can't wait. :cheering:

Of course, I'm gone the week after next, off camping with my bf for my b-day, so I won't get to work on it much before I leave, but I'll still have fun once it gets here.! :roflhard:

Shandeh
06-12-2007, 01:27 AM
Gorgeous Andrea! :heart: :inlove: :heart:

RiverDaughter
06-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Yay, the blanket arrived in the mail today. :cheering:

Thanks you SOOOOO much, Anree! The yarn you sent is just BEAUTIFUL!!! :heart:

Dangles
06-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Yay, yet another journey and our blanket has made it safely.

Shandeh
06-14-2007, 12:55 AM

:poke:Pictures Please! Pictures!

suzeeq
06-14-2007, 12:57 AM

Should I wave at it from about 150 miles north....?

:lol:

sue

AnreeAce
06-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Oh good, it got there! Have fun working on the blanket.

I got the gift yarn from Freshwater Fibers (http://www.freshwaterfibers.com/), one of the vendors at the Eugene Saturday Market (http://www.eugenesaturdaymarket.org/). It's hand-dyed superwash, and I took one look at it and thought to myself that someone who loves blue simply must have it!

Shandeh
06-14-2007, 02:06 PM
I got the gift yarn from Freshwater Fibers (http://www.freshwaterfibers.com/), one of the vendors at the Eugene Saturday Market (http://www.eugenesaturdaymarket.org/). It's hand-dyed superwash, and I took one look at it and thought to myself that someone who loves blue simply must have it!
I MUST HAVE IT! http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif

RiverDaughter, it was nice hearing your Wyoming accent on my voicemail! :)

AnreeAce
06-14-2007, 02:53 PM
I MUST HAVE IT! http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif

I wonder if she's got any left.... :teehee:

Shandeh
06-14-2007, 10:28 PM
I wonder if she's got any left.... :teehee:
:pray:

RiverDaughter
06-14-2007, 10:44 PM
RiverDaughter, it was nice hearing your Wyoming accent on my voicemail! :)

Seattle accent, actually. :teehee: I've only been out here for two years.

I've gotten half an inch finished so far. Yay! And I've gotten a pair of triplets through elementary school and through their first year of college (in Sims2) at the same time. :cheering:

Shandeh
06-15-2007, 08:59 PM
I LOVE the Sims! :heart:

itsjustmeghan
06-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Seattle accent, actually. :teehee: I've only been out here for two years.

I've gotten half an inch finished so far. Yay! And I've gotten a pair of triplets through elementary school and through their first year of college (in Sims2) at the same time. :cheering:

i LOVE the sims! haven't played it in years. me, i've been playing pokemon while knitting lately. :teehee:
can't wait to see pictures! sounds like it's going to be great!!!

Dangles
06-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Riverdaughter, how's the blanket going? :)

Shandeh
06-23-2007, 01:13 AM
She's only had it for 9 days, so I guess it's going okay. :shrug:

RiverDaughter
06-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Sorry, I've been down in Colorado with my bf for the past week. Camping... he didn't know how to read a topographical map, so hiking nearly killed us (over the 10k foot line :ick:), and then we stayed with his friends in Denver (who know nothing of how the city works, which led to me suffering from heat stroke because I had to walk 16 blocks in 100F temperatures to a festival that wasn't really there), and now I'm back.

Oh man, oh man, oh man. Am I ever so glad to be able to tell the bf to go away, I'm knitting, and have nothing to interrupt me but the changing of DVDs or Sims emergencies. I have never been so glad to knit in my entire life.:thumbsup:

Shandeh
06-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Bless your heart!:pout:
Welcome back to the KINDER, GENTLER world....of knitting! :muah:

LadyB
06-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Sorry, I've been down in Colorado with my bf for the past week. Camping... he didn't know how to read a topographical map, so hiking nearly killed us (over the 10k foot line :ick:), and then we stayed with his friends in Denver (who know nothing of how the city works, which led to me suffering from heat stroke because I had to walk 16 blocks in 100F temperatures to a festival that wasn't really there), and now I'm back.

Oh man, oh man, oh man. Am I ever so glad to be able to tell the bf to go away, I'm knitting, and have nothing to interrupt me but the changing of DVDs or Sims emergencies. I have never been so glad to knit in my entire life.:thumbsup:

Happy belated birthday!:balloons: It sounds like you had quite the, er, celebration? Welcome back!

Shandeh
07-02-2007, 12:02 PM
RiverDaughter has finished her portion of the blanket, and is ready to send it to the next knitter. Are you ready, Ginger0104?

Rennagayle
07-02-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm so relieved to see that it's not likely to arrive to me in Texas during July, since we'll be vacationing the middle of the month.

Now I'll be holding my breath that it doesn't arrive to me in September when we go to MN to visit my dd. I'm just slightly past the middle of the list, so I'm thinking it may just make it to me in time before I go on that trip. :pray:

Shandeh
07-03-2007, 09:07 AM
RiverDaughter has finished her portion of the blanket, and is ready to send it to the next knitter. Are you ready, Ginger0104?

I haven't heard from Ginger0104 yet, but it's a holiday week, so she might be out of town. I guess we'll have to wait at least a week to see if she responds.

Sorry for the delay everyone! :pout:

Shandeh
07-03-2007, 10:19 AM
RiverDaughter, can you entertain us with some photos, and the details of your yarn and knitting?

RiverDaughter
07-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Sure! Can't say much about the knitting itself, I just used garter stitch, I was in a rush, but it was fun. :roflhard: It's the standard red heart yarn that I use in all of my blankets. It's a litle rough at first, but it gets softer and softer after every wash, and it really does insulate heat well. Or, at least, well enough for me to survive my WY winters with my red heart blankets. :roflhard:

Shandeh
07-04-2007, 02:07 AM
GORGEOUS! I love it! :muah:

Dangles
07-04-2007, 04:25 AM
The blanket looks BEAU-TI-FUL!! :cheering: :happydancing: :muah:

AnreeAce
07-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Yay RiverDaughter! Looks great! :cheering:

RiverDaughter
07-05-2007, 04:18 AM
I'll be sending it out to Cali Friday morning. Work requires me to show up a few hours early on Thursday to help with inventory and other jobs. :thumbsup:

Rennagayle
07-05-2007, 04:06 PM
It's beautiful. Someone is going to be very blessed to receive this blanket. :hug:

stagebear
07-08-2007, 12:01 AM
i cant wait to get my hands on the blanket (although i know i need to be patient since it will be a while).
i just found my stitch pattern!

RiverDaughter
07-13-2007, 03:15 AM
Is it there yet? I'm getting kind of worried about it, it should be there by now! :pray:

Shandeh
07-13-2007, 01:13 PM
We'll keep our fingers crossed!
It's only been a week, so no worries yet. :wink:

RiverDaughter
07-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Argh, I sent it 2-3 day post, it should be there by now. I hope it's not lost! :pout:

If I wasn't leaving today, I would ask the postman that comes into the store I work at (he's a big nerd, and awesome), what was going on with it.

Shandeh
07-16-2007, 02:16 PM
What a pain! I hate when the post office doesn't do what it says it will. (that's the government for ya!) :-?

Dangles
07-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Have we any word on the whereabouts of zee blanket?

LadyB
07-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Has it arrived at its destination? Or has it morphed into a Singing Snake, Flying Frog, or Prancing Pony?

:pray: Please, please let our little blanket be okay.

Shandeh
07-21-2007, 11:52 PM
I haven't heard anything from Ginger0104. I've noticed that the last post she made in the forum was in May of this year. But, she did reply to me in the forum on July 4th to let me know she was ready for the blanket. :think:

I just sent her an offsite email. Hopefully, that will reach her.

Rennagayle
07-23-2007, 11:21 AM
:pray::pray::pray:

RiverDaughter
07-24-2007, 01:57 AM
Oh man, and here I was hoping it had arrived while I was traveling. :pout:

I hope she's just been too busy to post, and is knitting happily away right now. Or maybe her internet is out? That could be it too.:shrug:

Shandeh
07-24-2007, 12:46 PM
True, but she hasn't called me either, and my phone number is on the memo with the blanket. :shrug:

Rennagayle
07-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Hmm...I'm sure the blanket will turn up, but I was just thinking, maybe it would be wise to require future project knitters to include their phone number with their sign-ups, as a means of contacting them if necessary? :think:

LadyB
07-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Good idea, Rennagayle!:thumbsup:

zip
07-24-2007, 10:22 PM
:shock: want me to send da boyz up that way? ;)

Shandeh
07-25-2007, 02:14 AM
I agree. I'm gonna do that from now on. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
07-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Yay! I heard from Ginger0104, and she is okay!
(I was worried that maybe something had happened to her.) :pout:

She is fine - our blanket is fine - and she is ready to mail it to the next knitter.
:cheering:

lucky_alf2, are you ready?

lucky_alf2
07-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Yipee!!! I've been waitin' all summer! Can't wait to see what it looks like!!!

:woot::woot::woot:

Rennagayle
07-28-2007, 10:43 AM
:woohoo::cheering::happydance::woot::yay:

Susan P.
07-28-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm curious..how many people are in each of the groups doing these blankets? Just on average I mean..and how much do you aim to do each? Do you know the size and just divide amongst how many have volunteered?

It's been interesting to enter this forum and see the activity and the excitement you all feel about the objects. It's really nice actually. Very warm and positive.

Do your children comment on what you're doing? I can think of no better way to show children care for the community than 'doing it'.

Shandeh
07-28-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm curious..how many people are in each of the groups doing these blankets? Just on average I mean..and how much do you aim to do each? Do you know the size and just divide amongst how many have volunteered?

It's been interesting to enter this forum and see the activity and the excitement you all feel about the objects. It's really nice actually. Very warm and positive.

Do your children comment on what you're doing? I can think of no better way to show children care for the community than 'doing it'.

Hi Susan! :waving:

I actually do have a plan when we begin each blanket.

I did some research online, with guidelines on what size blankets should be.

In America, the standard sizes for blankets are as follows:
Crib: 45 x 60
Twin: 66 x 90
Full: 80 x 90

We are making full-size blankets, using worsted weight yarn, which is about 4-5 stitches per inch. I cast on 300 stitches, which makes it approximately 60-75 inches wide. We want them to be about 80 inches long, so I use 25 knitters, each knitting for about 3 inches. I'll be adding a border around it all when it's done. So, it should be approximately the right size, give or take a few inches.

Susan P.
07-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks Sandy, That's fabulous! Can I ask another question please? I am wondering then how long - approx - it is taking to complete as clearly everyone is very enthusiastic however you've got postal times and so on. Do you aim to try and complete within 3 months or.. ?

Shandeh
07-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Thanks Sandy, That's fabulous! Can I ask another question please? I am wondering then how long - approx - it is taking to complete as clearly everyone is very enthusiastic however you've got postal times and so on. Do you aim to try and complete within 3 months or.. ?

I WISH! It actually takes about a year to complete each blanket, because each of the 25 knitters is allowed two weeks to work on it.

Of course, it will probably take longer than that, because some knitters take longer than they should. :hiding:

But, that's the way the cookie crumbles....so we cope. :wink:

Susan P.
07-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Ahh...sorry..well.. my 3 months wasn't very sensible anyway as that would have meant each person got 2.5 days and about 1 day postage :) Maths was never my forte ;0

Still, they are wonderful achievements.

Dangles
07-29-2007, 12:23 AM
ooo, i wonder what it looks like now :)

Shandeh
07-29-2007, 01:50 AM
Me too, Dangles! I can't wait to see another photo!
:)

Susan P.
07-29-2007, 04:44 AM
Sandy, what size circs are you using for the blanket?

Shandeh
07-29-2007, 02:31 PM
I use whatever long circular I can find in my knitting basket, ranging from size 7 to 10. The blankets don't have to be exactly the same size, because I can add a wider border at the end, if necessary.

Most of the blankets have been made with a size 8 needle.

Shandeh
08-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Sadly, two of our Oddball Blankets have been eaten by the post office. :pout:

The first one was sent to the Netherlands, but never made it back. (She was the 2nd knitter, so the blanket had not really grown that much.)
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1384/539900320_6a6b1d4d82_m.jpg

The second one lost was our 4th blanket. This one had 5 knitted portions, so it wasn't big yet, but still some time had been invested in it.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1300/538101522_a5887dcbfe_m.jpg

So, I guess we should each mail our packages First Class or Priority Mail, so we can add 65 cents for Delivery Confirmation. That will help a bit with keeping tabs on the blankets. Plus, we will be able to search for them in the postal system that way.

If you use a Priority Mail (http://www.usps.com/all/shippingandmailing/23daypackages.htm) Flat Rate Box, the rates are not that bad.

You can also write "HANDLE WITH CARE" on the package, if you want.

Rennagayle
08-02-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm really sorry about the missing blankets. I know how frustrating that must be for those who've invested their time in them. I do think the Priority Mail and delivery confirmation method of mailing is wisdom, though.

lucky_alf2
08-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Wow! What a shame! Not a very good delivery average for the Post Office either.....seems like a wise idea though.

Shandeh
08-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I'm sad, but I'm trying not to dwell on it. I had two circular needles on those packages, and I knit on ALL the oddball blankets.

If anyone deserves to complain, it would be me. But, like I said, I'm trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

They were going to be for charity anyway, so I guess they ended up being charity in a different way from what we planned. :???:

Rennagayle
08-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Your positive attitude is uplifting, Sandy. :sun:

Shandeh
08-06-2007, 09:20 PM
lucky_alf, have you seen the blanket yet? :pray:

lucky_alf2
08-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Just checked...nothing yet...hopefully soon.....:tap:

Shandeh
08-08-2007, 01:08 PM
I feel your pain, my friend. :verysad:

LadyB
08-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Has the blanket arrived yet?

Shandeh
08-13-2007, 02:02 PM
The last I heard, Ginger 0104 was finished knitting, and was ready to mail it out.

I sent her a message with lucky_alf2's mailing address, but I never heard back from her.

I've been continuing to try to contact her, though.

Keep your fingers crossed! :pray:

Dangles
08-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Gee, I wonder what our blanket looks like... :think: :??

lucky_alf2
08-13-2007, 06:10 PM
It's not here yet either, altho I haven't yet checked the mail today.....ever hopeful.....

Dangles
08-14-2007, 02:57 AM
Will have to :pray: while we :nails:

lucky_alf2
08-21-2007, 11:13 AM
:woohoo:Yeah! I got the blanket yesterday!! It looks great! Ginger added a pretty olive green to the mix. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. I spent last night pondering stitch patterns and am hoping to pick up some yarn today!! The timing is great too! I am 4 rows away from being done on my current baby blanket project and DH is heading out of town on business for 10-14 days -- so I''ll have lots of quiet evening movie time to knit!

OOooh I'm sooooo excited! :woot:

Luv the circs too -- Shandeh -- they look much nicer than the ones I usually buy (I hate that little crook) -- I might just get spoiled and have to upgrade.....ssshhhh don't tell DH

Shandeh
08-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Yay! Our blanket is alive again!!!
:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :sun: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Thank you, Ginger, for sending it on, and thank you mailperson for delivering it!
:muah:

About the circs....if they are nice, they must be the INOX needles. Those are very nice. I miss them! :pout:

Have fun with the blanket! :)

Rennagayle
08-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Hooray! Our blanket lives! :woohoo::cheering::woot::happydance:

Dangles
08-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Yipeeeeeeeeeee! I was getting anxious about it morphing ... again. :teehee: I can't wait to see pictures. Thanks Ginger0104 :)

BTW, Shandeh, love the new avatar.

Shandeh
08-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Shandeh, love the new avatar.

Thanks! It's the same design I have on my craft room door. Underneath, it says, "Don't BAAAAther me!"
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/30/66117351_481fa37086.jpg

Dangles
08-28-2007, 05:40 PM
pictures, pictures, I want pictures (sounding like a child wanting candy):teehee::nails:

Shandeh
08-28-2007, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing another photo either. We've had the same photo in our blog since the beginning of July! :teehee:

How's the blanket coming along, lucky alf?

lucky_alf2
08-29-2007, 11:58 AM
It's coming along -- nearly 2 inches done -- I'm a slow knitter (w/a toddler to boot) and got a later start than I wanted due to waffling over color and stitch selection (:zombie: oh the decisions!). I actually ended up going with my second color choice as I accidentally left the first ball of yarn on the couch (nearly the same color as my couch too -- so I guess it blended) and while gone getting the kids from school my dog "played" with it -- needless to say I was not happy and at some point will have to dedicate some serious time to the yarn-monster he created -- :fingerwag: bad bad dog

Crossed Fingers I'm hoping to have it done by early next week -- we are heading out of town to camp over the long weekend and hopefully in between managing DVDs and snacks for the kids on the drive up, I'll be able to get it done -- it won't be allowed out of the car though in fear of it getting dirty.......

Shandeh
08-29-2007, 12:09 PM
What an adventure in your house!

Well, you have until next Monday. Just do what you can, and then let it go. All we can do is our best! :hug:

Dangles
08-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the update, lucky alf. I know what you mean by having a toddler to boot, I have two. My youngest just turned one, I wanted him to stay a baby. I am fortunate they don't attack my yarn :)

Here's the most recent photo of the kidlets. But they both got a kick outa something and started laughing even though my daughter has a mouthful of oatmeal.

Rennagayle
08-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Dangles, how very blessed you are to have two such beautiful bundles of joy. I'm telling you from experience....turn your head, blink once, and they're suddenly grown.:noway:

Shandeh
08-29-2007, 11:53 PM
Dangles, you have HAPPY children!

And Rennagayle, you're SO right. My boys were only little for a week. Now, two of them are taller than me. :shock:

Shandeh
09-02-2007, 06:58 PM
How's the blanket, lucky_alf2?

Your two weeks is up tomorrow!

:hug:

Rennagayle
09-02-2007, 07:09 PM
I was so afraid when I signed up for this that the blanket would end up being due to arrive here during my vacation in latter September. I am relieved to know that's now not likely to happen, since there are 6 ahead of me. :shifty:

lucky_alf2
09-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Hi all! The blanket is in the mail and should arrive shortly in TX!

Here are my promised pics -- as well as one of me & my girls from our vacation this past summer! Enjoy!

Rennagayle
09-07-2007, 09:21 PM
You and your girls are adorable, Adrianne, and that blanket is looking Purrrrteeee. :inlove:

Shandeh
09-07-2007, 09:24 PM
It's BEAUTIFUL, Adrianne!!! :heart: :inlove: :heart:

humblestumble
09-09-2007, 02:24 AM
Wee! It's so interesting to see all the different colors and patterns.

Dangles
09-09-2007, 02:25 AM
Wow, our blanket, it's so pretty. :thumbsup: work everyone so far.

Shandeh
09-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Just checking on the blanket. The delivery confirmation says that it was delivered on Monday, September 10th.

Just want to make sure you got it, beckyrhae!
Is it there? Is it there? :pray:

beckyrhae
09-12-2007, 03:32 PM
The blanket arrived safe and sound in Midland! Woot!

Adrianne also sent along some great goodies. A pattern for socks, a couple of balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in a fantastic wine red color. AND simply divine stitch markers made with turquoise to remind me of Arizona... awwww

Now to dig thru my stash and pick the perfect color....

Dangles
09-12-2007, 04:25 PM
:cheering::woot:Can't wait to see what our 'baby' looks like now.

Shandeh
09-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Yippee!!! cloud9

beckyrhae
09-15-2007, 02:31 AM
I started on my part of the blanket... I'm stealing the ball band idea from Mason-Dixon.

I'm using my hot pink and cream, caron simply soft, might throw in some purple too... who knows... LOL

I'll take pictures later this weekend.

Rennagayle
09-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Wow, it's finally in my state, soakin' up all that Texas love. :heart:

PaperGirl
09-18-2007, 05:14 PM
4 more knitters to go till its gets to Waco! Yippee!

beckyrhae
09-18-2007, 07:02 PM
I tell you what.... frogging back 200 or so stitches because you forgot to slip a stitch in the ball band pattern is a pain in the arse! BUT it looks great! I should be finished with my section by the weekend.

Dangles
09-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Aww, Becky :hug: but I am sure it looks lovely. I can't wait to see your beautiful handiwork :)

cdjack
09-19-2007, 12:25 PM
This traveling blanket idea sounds like so much fun! How do I get on board for the next one?

Shandeh
09-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Hi cdjack!

I'll send you a private message about the blankets.
:thumbsup:

Shandeh
09-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Hello all you wonderful Oddball Knitters! :waving:

Just wanted to let you know that we have a small change to our list of knitters. One of our knitters had to back out of her commitment, so we have replaced her with an extra knitter we had on Blanket #4.
Everyone say welcome to Secksiebrat! :sun:

PaperGirl
09-21-2007, 07:00 PM
:yay: Hi there!

Theres still 5 more knitters before me, but Im taking happy from the fact they are all in the same state. :roflhard:

Shandeh
09-21-2007, 08:06 PM

Secksiebrat
09-21-2007, 08:53 PM
*wave*

I am one of those texas girls, so the blanket should be making it's way to my house soon! I can't wait to knit on it!

I knitted on the 4th blanket, but then it decided to take a vacation, unfortuantely it wasn't on the list of knitters that it decided to go! So!

I'm glad to be knitting on this blanket and then again on blanket #5, which should be arriving at my house tomorrow! :woot:

~danielle~
:cheering:

Rennagayle
09-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Welcome, Danielle!:muah:

Sandy, can you tell us which slot Danielle is filling on the list? I'm just curious who the blanket will come from to me, and who it will go to from me (if that's changed, I mean). :)

Dangles
09-22-2007, 01:31 AM
:waving: Secksiebrat. Welcome to the blanket ... ok, that just sounded really funny.

Shandeh
09-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Sandy, can you tell us which slot Danielle is filling on the list? I'm just curious who the blanket will come from to me, and who it will go to from me (if that's changed, I mean). :)

The list of knitters is on our blog, but I'll put it here for you also.

Here's our blog, by the way:
http://secondoddball-knitalong.blogspot.com/

Shandeh (North Carolina) - DONE!
Dangles (Canada) - DONE!
REVS (Washington) - DONE!
AnreeAce (Oregon) - DONE!
RiverDaughter (Wyoming) - DONE!
Ginger0104 (California) - DONE!
lucky_alf2 (Arizona) - DONE!
beckyrhae (Texas)
knitnut (Texas)
humblestumble (Texas)
stacy.duval (Texas)
Secksiebrat (Texas)
PaperGirl (Texas)
Rennagayle (Texas)
ElenTikvah (Wisconsin)
XbelovedXoneX (Michigan)
MarDi (New Hampshire)
kristinw (New Hampshire)
stagebear (Pennsylvania)
bobi1218 (Maryland)
losnana (Virginia)
SharonB13 (Alabama)
jamadian75 (Florida)
LadyB (Arizona)
scarlettbegonias1 (North Carolina)

Rennagayle
09-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks, Sandy. I'd forgotten all about the blanket blog. :oops: :doh:

Shandeh
09-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Thanks, Sandy. I'd forgotten all about the blanket blog. :oops: :doh:
That's okay! :hug:

Dangles
09-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Becky, how's the blanket going?

beckyrhae
09-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Still working on it. I have a couple of rows to go and I'll be at the end of a pattern. Soooo I can send it out early next week!

Dangles
09-28-2007, 12:21 AM
Yay, Becky. Can't wait to see your beautiful work.

Shandeh
09-29-2007, 07:07 PM
I'll go ahead and check on the next knitter, Becky.
Your two weeks with the blanket is UP! :wink:

knitknut
10-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Shandeh, Have you heard anything from Beckyrhae on the blanket? Haven't seen anything on my end yet.

Secksiebrat
10-05-2007, 11:06 AM
This just gives you the extra time to work on blanket #5! :teehee:

I can't believe it ended up that you might have both blankets at the same time! :happydance:

~danielle~

knitknut
10-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Crazy, isn't it! What are the odds on that happening? I think I'll finish up with #5 this weekend. :knitting:

I was hoping #2 would get here before I ship #5 to the next knitter so I could get a pic with both together! We need a smiley with a camera.

Shandeh
10-05-2007, 05:15 PM
I agree! http://bestsmileys.com/camera/2.gif http://bestsmileys.com/camera/1.gif

I'll check with Becky again. :wink:

Dangles
10-15-2007, 03:43 AM
Oh blanket, oh blanket, how art thou?

Shandeh
10-15-2007, 04:13 AM
I sent Becky a message, but I haven't heard back from her.

I'll try again. :shrug:

knitknut
10-18-2007, 01:08 PM
:cheering::cheering: The blanket has arrived in San Antonio! I've been too busy at work to open it yet, but it is here! I'll submit a picture before heading home tonight.

Shandeh
10-18-2007, 02:13 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/textinbubble3/4.gif

Rennagayle
10-18-2007, 02:58 PM
YeeHaw!

Dangles
10-18-2007, 07:13 PM
yippeee! :yay:Patiently awaiting photos.

knitknut
10-18-2007, 07:57 PM
:aww: Wow, have I ever been rotted! Beckyrhae sent me 2 skeins of Peaches and Cream, some darling knitting notecards and some Starbucks coffee (yum) Thank you!!!!

The blanket is really pretty! Here are some pics of my goodies, the blanket and closeups of the beautiful stitch patterns everyone has used. I don't know what I'm going to add yet. Need to check the stash at home to see what looks good. :knitting:

Dangles
10-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Oh my goodness, look at the blanket :passedout: it is absolutely gorgeous! :cheering: so far OBCB 2 Knitters :grphug:

Shandeh
10-19-2007, 06:03 AM
I love it! :inlove:

Secksiebrat
10-23-2007, 05:14 AM
Ohh it's so pretty. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

~danielle~

knitknut
10-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Hopefully it won't be long, Secksiebrat! I'm ready to send the blanket on the next knitter!

Rennagayle
10-23-2007, 01:09 PM
WooHoo! It's getting closer and closer to me. :woot:

Shandeh
10-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Well, I've tried to contact humblestumble, but she hasn't responded yet. If any of you hear from her, let her know I'm trying to reach her.

She's our next knitter, so if she doesn't respond, we'll have to move on to the knitter after her.

Dangles
10-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Sandy, I chat w/her often, I just left humblestumble an IM msg. :) I know she is excited to work on it.

Shandeh
10-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks Dangles. If I don't hear from her by tomorrow, I'll switch her with the knitter after her. That way, she can still participate, just a little later. :thumbsup:

humblestumble
10-26-2007, 12:56 AM
Stop the presses! Stop the presses!!! I am here :D Really, I am :D I don't check here everday, but I do check about once a week. Send it on over, pleeease :clap:

Shandeh
10-26-2007, 06:26 AM
Just in the nick of time! :teehee:

knitknut
10-26-2007, 05:20 PM
:woohoo: Yay, we found Humble! I'll ship it out in the morning!

humblestumble
10-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Yeay :D I can't wait to get started! It looks great so far!