PDA

View Full Version : OT-Penny had Her Puppies!

imported_Knitty_Kat
03-15-2007, 01:32 PM
My mom's wonderful AmStaff had her babies yesterday. Penny went into stage one of her labor Tuesday afternoon and didn't birth her first puppy until yesterday around three in the afternoon. She had the last one around 6:30. Mommy and all twelve of her pups are doing great. They've been having fun nosing around the whelping box and Penny will break for potty and food time, but she's always eager to get back to her babies. We were amazed she did so well, especially with twelve wee ones. There are eight boys and four girls. Two fawns, two brindles and the rest are red coats like their momma. As soon as I get the pics uploaded, I'll be sure to post them. :happydance:

DQ
03-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Awww! 12 pups! Well done Penny :cheering:

CarmenIbanez
03-15-2007, 02:07 PM
pictures? :poke:

knitqueen
03-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Wow, TWELVE puppies!! Is that a lot, or is it fairly common to have that many? Congratulations!!!

:balloons:

Chel
03-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Puppy pics? :pout:

aineepooh1
03-15-2007, 05:38 PM
:passedout:

Momma had a dozen doggies~ OMG~!

We want PICTURes~!! :wall:

imported_Knitty_Kat
03-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Sorry it took so long, everyone. Here are the baby pictures.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r108/KatAutumn/DSC03208.jpg
"Did all of those really come out of me?"

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r108/KatAutumn/DSC03207.jpg
The Proud Momma and her Babies.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r108/KatAutumn/DSC03206.jpg
"It sure does get hot when all these babies are climbing on my boobies!"

marykz
03-15-2007, 06:41 PM
I am DYING from the cuteness of those babies!!! what a good mommy dog- 12 babies!!! wow. thanks so much for the pic!

DQ
03-15-2007, 06:42 PM
They are SO gorgeous!!!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

misha rf
03-15-2007, 08:41 PM
They are DARLING!!!

:muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah:

And one for Momma
:muah:

mks22300
03-15-2007, 08:46 PM
12 puppies, Whoa! They are so cute! :heart:

zip
03-15-2007, 10:43 PM
I'd like a dozen puppies to go, please. :teehee: They're precious! :heart:

Jan in CA
03-15-2007, 10:45 PM
What a sweet looking mamma and those puppies are adorable! What is an Amstaff?

psammeadred
03-15-2007, 11:38 PM
I think my blood sugar just reached dangerous levels...

You should submit those pictures to Cute Overload (http://www.cuteoverload.com)!

Cristy
03-16-2007, 12:29 AM
OMG those are so cute...I want one....

Cristy thinks about how glad she is that she only had ONE baby...

aineepooh1
03-16-2007, 01:19 AM
OKAY~~ Iknowit's really early.. but WHAT are you and momma dog gonna do with all those doggies???? :??

Jessica Cobb
03-16-2007, 04:13 AM
Wow, she is a big AmStaff! I had a Stafforshire Bull Terrier/APBT mix, she was such a sweetheart. I miss her a ton.

Those puppies are so, so adorable! I want ooone!

Jessica Cobb
03-16-2007, 04:21 AM
What a sweet looking mamma and those puppies are adorable! What is an Amstaff?

Amstaffs are American Staffordshire Terriers. They're really sweet dogs and obviously really cute. :teehee:

XbelovedXoneX
03-16-2007, 07:16 AM
OMG I want to snorgle all the puppies! I want a puppppy. *pouts*

Ronda
03-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Puppies!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: So adorable.

stacyk9
03-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Awwwwwww! How precious are they! :muah:

Stacy

bailsmom
03-16-2007, 11:14 AM
OMG I want to snorgle all the puppies! I want a puppppy. *pouts*

I second that motion!!! Please oh please oh please with sugar on top? :heart: :heart: :heart:

We had a German Shepherd one time have 8 pups and I thought that was a lot!!

iza
03-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Oh my, these puppies are so cute!!! I LOVE puppies so much, I so wish I could snorgle them...
:heart: :heart: :heart:

CarmenIbanez
03-16-2007, 11:34 AM
PUPPIEEEEEEEES!

KathyinCali
03-16-2007, 11:34 AM
:yay: Too cute! :heart: :heart:

cara
03-16-2007, 11:47 AM
what a great mom she is! yay for puppies! They are soooo cute!!!!

imported_Knitty_Kat
03-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks, everyone! I told Penny how everyone here thinks her babies are so beautimous. She really is a good momma, but we knew she would be. We have two other dogs, a Rat Terrier and a Chihuahua and she mothered them before she got pregnant. Always cleaning them up and breaking up their little spats. We're being careful to keep the smaller dogs away from the pups, because Sophie, the Rat Terrier, can be dog aggressive and is still fighting to be Alpha Female of the pack and Penny keeps a watchful eye over the babies.

Last night she was so funny. She had been nursing the pups most of the day yesterday and around eight last night all of the puppies were sound asleep. She quietly snuck out of the whelping box and came out to play with the family. She begged for food in the kitchen, ate and drank, licked my dad's face like crazy and then went out to potty before returning to the puppies. She looked so relieved to be able to catch a break. LOL It amazes me from watching her from the time she got pregnant, to the labor and birth and now as a new mom, how many similarities there are between animals and people.

As far as the puppies go, we won't let any of them leave Penny until they are twelve weeks old. That way, Penny can properly ween them and train them. Since we can't really sell them, we're going to be really careful about screening potential owners. Penny is mistaken for a Pit Bull all the time, so our biggest concern would be people who wanted a free puppy they could train to fight. The good news is, a lot of my parents' friends have already staked their claim on three of the puppies. My mom wants to keep a male. We fell in love with the first born. He is the one in the picture that is the fawn color with the black muzzle and white blaze. And, as soon as all of the pups have been weened, Penny will get spayed. Poor girl. We had waited for her to go through her first heat before spaying her. My mom had the coupon from Spay & Neuter Georgia and had the appointment set up, because everyone told her Penny probably wouldn't go into heat again for another four to six months. Well, she surprised us. She went into seasons again only two months later and our neighbor's male actually climbed over our fence to get in the back yard. We weren't mad, though. He didn't hurt Penny or the other dogs. In fact, it's funny because he turned into the most lovesick animal I've ever seen. Every time they walk him on the leash, he stands in the street in front of the house, whimpers and then rolls over on his back refusing to leave. :teehee:

aineepooh1
03-16-2007, 03:50 PM
AAAwwwwwwwwwwwwwww~~ sounds like a new dad who wants to see his children~!! :rofl:

samm
03-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Such a sweet mamma and her babies are wonderful!!! I love puppies and dogs and sure wish I lived closer by so I could come see them! And maybe adopt one too. In reality, though, we have an elderly chihuahua who isn't, grew to 17 pounds and doesn't look at all like he should, and he is diabetic and blind from glaucoma. He gets along just fine, and is happy, but we won't bring in a new dog until he's gone. I don't think it would be fair to him. But I reeaaalllly want a puppy and yours are so sweet! Give all of them pats, from me, please. samm

Sissy
03-16-2007, 10:26 PM
:cheering: God Bless that sweet momma dog.........The puppies are just precious................AmyC

brokenblossoms
03-16-2007, 10:50 PM
You must submit those to CuteOverload! :D Oh my gosh I could die from the cuteness! :D I want oooonnnneee!!!