PDA

View Full Version : Yarn Swap Poll~~~CLOSED

kblue
03-15-2007, 02:41 PM
how many yarn swaps should we do? I forgot to put a time limit on this but this poll will END Friday, March 16, 2007.

cathoo
03-15-2007, 05:34 PM
My first yarn swap! Hooray!!!!

aineepooh1
03-15-2007, 05:36 PM
I think people should have the opportunity to swap if they want to every month or every other month~! although I admit I never have :oops:

kblue
03-16-2007, 05:38 AM
Although Brenda suggested, based on her experience with the last swap, that we should do this for 1 month (1 swap), it looks like we might be swaping for 2 months. I'll wait till the end of today (FRIDAY) to see what you all want...i'm here to please :notworthy: ...or at least i'm trying :teehee:

:star: Monday, March 19, 2006 I will be posting the SECRET KNITTERS SIGN UP :star:

Debbie
03-16-2007, 08:30 AM
I had to switch swap pals last time ... It is hard when what you send never really gets acknowledged ... I can't imagine ... NOT GETTING ANYTHING !!!! How selfish is that ???? I know that keeping track of that must have been crazy! Anyone who could not get their swap together and mailed certainly had the best intentions ... sometimes things happen. I also know that there were some wonderful yarn swap faries who sent to more than one person when there was a problem.

Two months sounds wonderful and fun and exciting ... One month is really more "do-able". Kblue .... you are doing a great job so far !!! Be sure and make this easy on YOU ... we appreciate you for making this happen ... one month OR two :)

Lieke
03-16-2007, 08:41 AM
I'd go for a 1 month swap and when everything goes smoothly, you can always start a new swap for the next month. (but that just my humble opinion)

zkimom
03-16-2007, 09:24 AM
I'd go for a 1 month swap and when everything goes smoothly, you can always start a new swap for the next month. (but that just my humble opinion)

I second that thought.

kblue
03-16-2007, 09:55 AM
OoOooo now its 1 month humm but it's close right now and too early to tell...its 8:53am where i am right now :teehee: ok i'll keep checking in on it through out the rest of the day. Remember MONDAY :happydance:

nonny2t
03-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Maybe a one month swap, then do one early fall before Christmas budget goes into effect and folks don't have extra money.

KathyinCali
03-16-2007, 12:06 PM
OoOooo now its 1 month humm but it's close right now and too early to tell...its 8:53am where i am right now :teehee: ok i'll keep checking in on it through out the rest of the day. Remember MONDAY :happydance:

Is there a formal sign up sheet floating around. I expressed my desire in the discussion thread but want to make sure I am on the list if I missed something :) How cool are you to take this on! :hug:

kblue
03-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Is there a formal sign up sheet floating around. I expressed my desire in the discussion thread but want to make sure I am on the list if I missed something :) How cool are you to take this on! :hug:

Really its no trouble at all :mrgreen: There isn't an OFFICIAL sign up sheet yet. So if anyone sent something to someone already thinking they signed up for THIS swap they made a mistake and hopefully will figure it out.
MONDAY i will post the OFFICIAL SIGN UP SHEET. :cheering:

Carla1019
03-16-2007, 05:47 PM
I have heard a lot about a yarn swap, But here is my question.

From what I have read you swap New yarn and not stuff you have laying around?

And If I have to go buy new stuff (I don't mind) The stores I have to choose from are Hobby lobby and Wal-mart. I would not be able to find a NICE yarn from these places, Like you would if I had a Yarn store.

If that is ok,, I want in!!

kblue
03-16-2007, 06:14 PM
yes thats right you would be buying new yarn for the person you are giving to. Walmart, Hobby Lobby, LYS i thing all knitters appreciate yarn where ever it may be from maybe even more so if it's a gift. You will be able to choose which of the 4 price catagories you would like to be in for the swap.

MONDAY!!! :woohoo:

kristinw
03-16-2007, 06:15 PM
I have heard a lot about a yarn swap, But here is my question.

From what I have read you swap New yarn and not stuff you have laying around?

And If I have to go buy new stuff (I don't mind) The stores I have to choose from are Hobby lobby and Wal-mart. I would not be able to find a NICE yarn from these places, Like you would if I had a Yarn store.

If that is ok,, I want in!!

Last time I ordered some online.

Carla1019
03-16-2007, 06:20 PM
DUH :doh: :doh: Kristinw.. I didn't even think about that one!!! Yes a very good idea.. Ok where do I sign.. OH on MONDAY.. Got it.. will look for it. :cheering: :heart:

kblue
03-16-2007, 08:33 PM
ok so it looks like we will be swaping for 1 month and this is as of 7:32 pm

aineepooh1
03-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Sounds like fun to me~!

kblue
03-17-2007, 05:21 AM
alright then.....the 1 months have it :teehee:

:star: :star: MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY :star: :star:

DragonTush
03-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Ooh another yarn swap!~ I'll be in it. It was a great experince last time. :cheering: