PDA

View Full Version : Attention: Mason~~ Hear Ye, Heary Ye~!!

aineepooh1
03-15-2007, 04:58 PM
I just wanted to let you know that Hobby Lobby has there knitting and crochet needles/hooks and accessories for 40% off

Joanns' has theirs for 30%%=

:eyebrow:

Ainee

Knitting_Guy
03-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Ah, I just might have to wander over there some time this weekend. Thanks

aineepooh1
03-15-2007, 05:15 PM
or let your fingers do the walking and buy it on line~!

Knitting_Guy
03-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Nah, I'll be stir crazy by Saturday anyway. I can just skip a dose of meds long enough to drive over there. It's only 5 minutes from this hotel. I'm supposed to try and walk around a bit anyway to help stretch the back muscles.

aineepooh1
03-15-2007, 05:57 PM
:thumbsup:

Nothing numbs the pain like yarn p0rn and needle goodies~!

Have fun
:hug:
Ainee

Knitting_Guy
03-15-2007, 06:04 PM
:roflhard:

bip
03-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Here is a related story that y'all might get a kick out of. A few years I had laser eye surgery. They gave me a valium and sent me home with two more. They told me to take one before falling asleep, but I was the big tough gal, so I didn't take it. When I woke up, I was in excruciating pain, as if my eyes were full of sand. I quickly realized the folly in my thinking and took the valium!

I expected to fall asleep, but instead I remained wide awake. As the pain subsided I became aware that I HAD TO HAVE FROSTING COVERED SUGAR COOKIES IMMEDIATELY. Sure, I was high and DH was out of town, but I lived across the street from the grocery store so I decided to hoof it.

Did I mention my eyes were covered in bandages? I could see through them, but this is a very important detail of the story.

I staggered over to the store, made my way to the bakery, grabbed my cookies and went to pay for them. As the cashier was giving me my change she asked, "Do you need help to your car?" I know she was just trying to be nice, but the idea that I would be driving a car with those bandages was HILARIOUS to me.

Or maybe it just seemed hilarious because I was medicated?

Knitting_Guy
03-15-2007, 06:54 PM
:rofl:

Sara
03-15-2007, 07:11 PM
No, that's REALLY funny! :roflhard:

zkimom
03-15-2007, 07:24 PM
OMG -- that is too funny!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

bip
03-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Glad it was really funny and not just that I was on drugs when it happened ... unless y'all are on valium tonight...

Jan in CA
03-15-2007, 10:39 PM
OMG..that is too funny, Bip! :teehee:

Liliyarn
03-16-2007, 02:59 AM
and why wasn't there video footage of this trek to sugar cookies?

BinkyKat
03-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Heh, reminds me of when my cat had bladder problems several years ago. After 3 days in and out of the vet and three catheters later (even hobbled he got them out..OW!) the vet gave an Rx for kitty valium. DH was off work after hernia surgery so he had his own meds. But d *I* get anything? BIG FAT NADA! I was worried that Binky coulda died, thankful that DH was well enough to do the going to the vet thing since I had to work I doubt they would have been sympathetic to family pet issues... but I was the wreck! :!!!:
Everyone healed fine though :happydance:

Dangles
03-16-2007, 02:13 PM
:roflhard: BIP, thanks for the laugh. I needed that.

bip
03-16-2007, 02:26 PM
and why wasn't there video footage of this trek to sugar cookies?

Are you kidding? I was there and even I didn't get to see it! lol

Rennagayle
03-16-2007, 02:33 PM
I know she was just trying to be nice, but the idea that I would be driving a car with those bandages was HILARIOUS to me.

I literally LOL! :roflhard:

rissa
03-16-2007, 02:59 PM
LOL thats awesome! :roflhard:

DotMom61
03-17-2007, 10:39 AM
:wipes a little tear from laughing so hard: That story is HILARIOUS, Bip!!

Incidentally, my DS nicknamed his baby sister (while she was still in utero) "Bip." ;-) My father-in-law decided it must have stood for Baby in Progress. har har.

And Binky, I completely identify w/ the "sympathy" drugs. With all the stuff we've been through w/ our son, I always tell the docs & surgeons they really should prescribe a dose of Versed for the parents as well as the patients. ;-)

bip
03-17-2007, 12:17 PM
bip are my initials, my mom always used to say I was a Berry Important Person (I am of Strawberry Shortcake Vintage).

aineepooh1
03-17-2007, 12:25 PM
UUUh.. BTW: I :heart: :heart: :heart: frosted sugar cookies~~

I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: all cookies~!! x-(

ecb
03-17-2007, 07:27 PM
:wipes a little tear from laughing so hard: That story is HILARIOUS, Bip!!

And Binky, I completely identify w/ the "sympathy" drugs. With all the stuff we've been through w/ our son, I always tell the docs & surgeons they really should prescribe a dose of Versed for the parents as well as the patients. ;-)

Wanna hear something WAY incredible

When i was Bfeeding my middle daughter (the one with the sewing machine) she was on Antibiotics for 2 years due to a Birth Defect
SO
she got a Candida overgrowth
Thrush in the mouth, thrush in the diaper, thrush on the skin of my mammaries
When i took her to the Dr about this, he gave her some nizoral, but would not give me any sympathy med as it was not safe
We eventually got some gentian Violet and got rid of it without his help

and yes, we stopped going to him about a year later for something else equally asinine

ecb