PDA

View Full Version : What do you knit a man who doesn't wear sweaters?!?

Arielluria
03-15-2007, 06:53 PM
I want to make DH something, but he's not a sweater-wearer, and even if he were, it's really too hot most of the year in S. TX for one. So aside from socks, what CAN you knit a guy???????????

psammeadred
03-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Scarves
Socks
Hats
Mittens
Gloves
Afghans

Arielluria
03-15-2007, 07:11 PM
He takes his lunch to work in a totebag. Maybe I can make him a MANLY Booga bag with skull and bones or something! :roflhard: You know.......something MANLY!

PaperGirl
03-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Mine camps alot, so I made him a hat on the Knifty Knitter loom....and now Im making him camp towels and stuff. I was making him a scarf, but just got bored with it, and then it got warm here...

He wants me to attempt to knit something like a baja (like a poncho) for him...but he would wear a sweater if I ever made one.

Knitting_Guy
03-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Most guys wear socks.

Arielluria
03-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Most guys wear socks. :roflhard:

letah75
03-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Most guys wear socks.

But most boys don't. :teehee:

zkimom
03-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Does he wear a tie? You could always make it more "manly" by adding a skull and crossbones.

:teehee:

Best,
Susan

Aello
03-15-2007, 08:05 PM
He takes his lunch to work in a totebag. Maybe I can make him a MANLY Booga bag with skull and bones or something! :roflhard: You know.......something MANLY!

Maybe you can make this a bit more "macho"

http://www.knitty.com/issuewinter06/PATTbrownbag.html

psammeadred
03-15-2007, 08:28 PM

Or a tractor, or a race car, or airplanes - whatever he's interested in!

GinnyG
03-15-2007, 08:32 PM
CLOGS!!!!!!!!!!

jodstr2
03-15-2007, 08:46 PM
a willy warmer? ;)

(sorry Arielluria, I hope I didn't offend.)

madametj
03-15-2007, 09:33 PM
u could try "dashing" from knitty.com

letah75
03-16-2007, 12:44 AM
a willy warmer? ;)

HA! :roflhard:

humblestumble
03-16-2007, 01:17 AM
I feel your pain! I too live in Texas! Southern even. I am knitting my man some suspenders, and he wants a felted cowboy hat in the future (gotta love that Texas patriotism) He probably wont wear the hat though since it's so hot down here. My boyfriend also likes really soft things, so one day I might make him a pillow. I've also made him socks and fingerless gloves (which he only wears when it gets cold - which is seldom). My boyfriend also refuses to wear sweaters, but he likes vests, so one day I might make him one of those for the two cold weeks of the year.

humblestumble
03-16-2007, 01:18 AM
a willy warmer? ;)

HA! :roflhard:

Oh ya, my boyfriend seriously wants one of these too.

aineepooh1
03-16-2007, 01:28 AM
A hat is a good idea and I have made my own knitted lunch bag outta good old red heart yarn triple stranded.. It's roomy, pretty sturdy and washable. I have a similar problem b/c my brother doesnt' wear sweaters, won't wear ascarf and seldom wears anything but a ball cap~! :doh: I gave up making him anything knitted for christmas.

But he wants me to make him an aghan.. b/c he loves to cuddle up on the floor and watch movies till his eyes glaze over~! :roflhard: maybe that knitty pattern for holding a hot cup of coffee.. I can't remember what it was called but it was ingenious and they also had a pattern for a little ol' brown(felted) lunch bag..

and the clogs are a great idea too~!

DQ
03-16-2007, 07:12 AM
a willy warmer? ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

One of my male friends thought I had knitted one of those for his birthday because the parcel was very light. It wasn't at all!! :shock: :oops:

Jeremy
03-16-2007, 12:59 PM
I'd go with the monk's satchel here. I'd like one myself.
http://www.interweave.com/knit/books/files/FolkBagsExcerpt.pdf