PDA

View Full Version : pattern suggestions....

jeanius80
03-16-2007, 12:59 AM
i bought two balls of lion brand microspun in black*Microspun (Article #910) is a super-soft sport-weight micro-fiber acrylic yarn. It comes in 2.5 oz./70g (168yd/154m) balls
what should i make for me? lol i didn't have a plan... it was just so soft! :heart:

humblestumble
03-16-2007, 01:27 AM
Like many knitters, I may warn you before the rest "prepare for frustration". I of course, am very patient with splitting yarn. Because this yarn is single ply, it unravles a bit as you knit with it which enables the splitting. It's very slippery. It is VERY nice once you knit something up with it though. I made some gauntlets once (nice wrist warmers) and they came out so soft! The pattern is in a Knit 1 mag somewhere. There are plenty of patterns like it online though. Only took me 1 ball or a little more to make. Unfortunately, I didn't do a gauge swatch (back when I was against gauge swatches), so they didn't fit and I had to sell them. I never even got to take a pic of them :(

Jan in CA
03-16-2007, 01:33 AM
I made a couple dishcloths with it from this pattern.
Artlady's dishcloth pattern (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=378469&highlight=dishcloth+microspun#378469)