PDA

View Full Version : ACK!!!!!!

Knitting_Guy
03-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Ok, it seems that percocet, valium, and sock knitting do NOT mix well.

I had the ribbed top of my sock all finished. I had started the heel flap. I totally messed up. I mean totally. Not even close to being right.

Sad to say I just couldn't seem to frog that bit and get the stitches picked up right. I just frogged the whole thing. I've cast on again, but that's it.

I had done that ribbed top perfectly. Not a single mistake to be seen. Argh!

I'm going to pound my head on the desk for a while and then try again. Oh well, it's not like I have anything else to do right now.

KathyinCali
03-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Two words for "Knitting Under the Influence" Life Line :frog: :rofl:

auburnchick
03-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Sorry to hear about the frogging!

Don't bang your head too hard...although you probably won't feel anything anyway.

Maybe you need a designated knitter (as opposed to a designated driver)?? :teehee:

Birdy
03-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Here's to it being perfect this time! :guyknitting:

As for the drugs... sounds a bit like what I had to deal with yesterday and my 5 y/o daughter being drugged for her kidney tests!

Knitting_Guy
03-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Life line is a good idea but so far I just haven't been smart enough to actually use one.

I think if I can get the top done again I will actually use one this time before starting the heel flap.

I feel like such a dummy! :pout:

nadja la claire
03-16-2007, 05:10 PM
:hug: :hug: Don't feel like a dummy. It's ok. At least you can do a heel flap, something I've yet to manage. And don't bang your head, you'll just need more drugs to take care of the headache.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

marykz
03-16-2007, 06:00 PM
absoluetely not a dummy- pharmacueticals and concentration rarely mix.... just think of all the practice you will get at ripping things out.....

stitchwitch
03-16-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm amazed you could even pick up the needles, I take a Benadryl and it's all over for me. :teehee:

jodstr2
03-16-2007, 07:07 PM
LOL it's ok Mason. without the influence of any mind-altering substances, I completely skipped the step in Silver's tutorial where you knit the main part of the sock before toe decreasing. so I went from just after the heel to the toe decreases and ended up with a 2" long sock :roflhard:

HamaLee
03-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Awwww Mason! :hug:

Good luck with the next one.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-16-2007, 07:26 PM
yikes I'm surprised you could even make a fist with both percocet AND valium. :shock: Maybe next time they'll give you some tylenol3 and vicodin to spice things up.

Arielluria
03-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Ok, it seems that percocet, valium, and sock knitting do NOT mix well. :roflhard: :eyebrow: :roflhard:

Whatever made you think it would?!?

Knitting_Guy
03-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Ok, it seems that percocet, valium, and sock knitting do NOT mix well. :roflhard: :eyebrow: :roflhard:

Whatever made you think it would?!?

Boredom mostly. I'm not good at just sitting around.

aineepooh1
03-16-2007, 11:32 PM
I don't know what you are complaining about~

You got them really ~GOOD~ drugs :teehee: :teehee:

Forget about it: YOU won't remember it in the morning and if you do it won't matter anyway~!! :teehee: :clink: :passedout:

:sleepy: :passedout: :sleepy: :thud:

Aquaria
03-17-2007, 02:59 AM
That happens to me, too very often! :pout: I'm sorry to know that you had to frog your sock (sigh). Buy hey! Everybody makes mistakes :thumbsup: , just look at mistakes as part of your knitting :wink: .

You may put the project down for a while and then someday you'll feel like trying again! :D

redwitch
03-17-2007, 03:09 AM
I'm guessing it was the percocet and valium that made him think they would

Knitting_Guy
03-17-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm guessing it was the percocet and valium that made him think they would

Bingo