PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my Options!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gingerbread
03-17-2007, 02:56 AM
Well I went and did it I bought the KP Options today!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I just have to do the waiting game. :whistle:
This coming weekend I want to go and get the clogs pattern at my lys. I have had the yarn for awhile. Just have to get the courage up to make them.
:teehee: I figure that I do mostly socks that with a little patence (sp) I should be able to do them. Besides there is enough help here . You guys are great on the helping end of knitting.
Hope not to many got snowed in with this crazy weather. We got just a dusting of snow in my part of the woods in Virginia,after a full day of down pouring rain.
Everyone have a great weekend and keep knitting.

Teri :muah:

Rorshach
03-17-2007, 03:19 AM
That's great, I think you'll like the Options, especially if you like addi-turbos.

Nikita-amimono
03-17-2007, 04:31 AM
That's cool!!

Mmmmmm...
I've been thinking about Options and Denise lately.
Since I am really beginner knitter, I'm not sure which one to
purchase.

Anyway, I'm glad you made your purchase :cheering:

Let us know how you like it.

Niki

gingerbread
03-17-2007, 05:01 AM
That's cool!!

Mmmmmm...
I've been thinking about Options and Denise lately.
Since I am really beginner knitter, I'm not sure which one to
purchase.

Anyway, I'm glad you made your purchase :cheering:

Let us know how you like it.

Niki

Yes I will let you know about the options and how they work. Which I know will be great. I do have the Denise set and I like them a lot. I think that both have there place. :teehee:

nadja la claire
03-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Options are wonderful!!! :cheering: They're even faster than Addis and they're cheaper. Just be sure to check them carefully when you get them. Sometimes there are problems with the needle connections or you may get 2 of one size. Luckily they have an amazing customer service and they will replace anything sight-unseen. When I had a problem they offered to ship a replacement priority free of charge.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Knitting_Guy
03-17-2007, 09:50 AM
They really are great, but I second the suggestion to check them carefully. In my set I got 2 pairs of size 10.5 and no size 10.

Their service is great and they told me to just keep the extra 10.5 and sent me the 10s that I was missing.

Braden
03-17-2007, 01:25 PM
They are GREAT. But, like everybody else said, you might want to check the tips and cords. You're gonna love them!

gingerbread
03-17-2007, 04:00 PM
I know I am going to like them. I had bought the size 3 just to see how they would work. To check out the cable. I loved the one so I know the rest is going to be heaven. Yes I do intend to check them as soon as I get them. Now it is just the wait, funny how it is once you order them or anything for that matter it just seems forever :roflhard: to come. :eyebrow: So I will let everyone know when they come in and see if I have anything wrong with them.

mimi
03-17-2007, 05:22 PM
I just received my Options, but the 9's and 10's don't measure quite right in my Boye needle gague. The 9's don't fit the hole; neither do the 10's. Do you think it really makes that much of a difference?

Has anyone else had this problem and what do I do?

nadja la claire
03-17-2007, 05:50 PM
This has happened to me with those two needles. They don't quite fit the Boye gauge. This hasn't been a problem for me though.

Nadja xxx

dakatzmeow
03-17-2007, 09:18 PM
i really :heart: my options set. so slick, so light, so smooth. the joins are flawless. :happydance:

edited to fix a silly typo. :oops:

mdog182
03-20-2007, 02:46 PM
I just received my options a week or so ago and i love them!!! i am also a fan of the addi turbos but i like the options better because the tips are sharper than the more blunt turbos. i'm using them right now for my petunia tote and for legwarmers using magic loop. so far so good.

ArtLady1981
03-22-2007, 02:28 AM
The only time that I revert back to my Addis or Lantern Moons...is when I am knitting with a yarn that splits easily...like Lara Endless Summer yarn or Cotton Patine yarn. The type of cotton that is about a million little itty bitty strands/plies. The OPTIONS will split cotton yarn in a heartbeat unless you are very very attentive to every stitch. Just finished a baby sweater/hat set...and used ADDIS...but, switched to OPTIONS on the rows that called for stitch manipulation. You know...the K2T or SSK rows, and cables or bobbles. Anyway, you will love your OPTIONS! Certainly the best "set" in the world! And sooooo good on the wallet!

gingerbread
03-22-2007, 05:44 AM
The only time that I revert back to my Addis or Lantern Moons...is when I am knitting with a yarn that splits easily...like Lara Endless Summer yarn or Cotton Patine yarn. The type of cotton that is about a million little itty bitty strands/plies. The OPTIONS will split cotton yarn in a heartbeat unless you are very very attentive to every stitch. Just finished a baby sweater/hat set...and used ADDIS...but, switched to OPTIONS on the rows that called for stitch manipulation. You know...the K2T or SSK rows, and cables or bobbles. Anyway, you will love your OPTIONS! Certainly the best "set" in the world! And sooooo good on the wallet!

I have wanted a set of these since I first saw them. I also think they are worth every penny.
Right now I am still waiting for my order to come in. Left on the 19th and now it is on it's way to I don't know. It is in W.V right now :nails: :tap: Says it will be in house on Saturday!!!!! That just happens to be my grandson's birthday! Maybe I can talk my daughter into having his party Saturday Night. Ya Ya that's it Then I can hopefully snuggle my new needles and yarns.

knitpickers
03-22-2007, 05:29 PM
:?? What do you think is the best online source for the options needles? Sounds like everyone loves them. I love the addi turbos, so would probably like the options too.

BostonBecca
03-22-2007, 05:33 PM
A-As far as I know, they are only available from KnitPicks. www.knitpicks.com

B) I have been tightening them with the tool that comes with it but I am still having trouble keeping them tightened. I sometimes coat my navel piercing post with clear nail polish before tightening the ball onto that so it doesn't come unscrewed. I am thinking of doing that before I use them but I am wondering what people think about the idea (only in large projects to give the nail polish time to wear down so I can unscrew them when done).

knitpickers
03-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Thank you. I'll check them out.

Have people had trouble with the cables coming undone while working? I wouldn't like having to deal with that.

ArtLady1981
03-22-2007, 07:52 PM
BosonBecca, Why don't you call the KnitPicks people and ask them what they think about your dilema? They may have a "tip" for you. I WOULD NOT put nail polish on the threading.

Mine have never come loose, even with long long long hours of continuous use.

jenarita
03-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Question for those of you that have Options... my LYS owner said that the tips of them are very sharp, and she said that if you have a tendancy to push the needle tip with your finger (which I do) then I could cut myself...

Are they that sharp?

I like a good point on a needle, but dont want a spear to fish with also... :teehee:

I am asking for a set of interchangeables for my birthday (November) and dont know what to ask for.

I read through parts of the interchangeable thread... but its soooo long

BostonBecca
03-22-2007, 08:18 PM
The tips are sharp but just sharp enough. They are definately not sharp enough to cut you. I push on the tip occasionally during knitting with the pad of my fingertip and it doesn't even hurt. I really like my options. After the first row of this project i haven't been having the unscrewing problem anymore. I think it was how I was using them and something imperceptible to me has changed but it's stopped.

ArtLady1981
03-22-2007, 08:49 PM
No, the tips won't "cut" anyone! I bet the LYS owner is selling Addis! :teehee:

Sometimes...just sometimes...I have put a little round bandaid on my fingertip when using OPTIONS...just to take the edge off the "push". I don't always push the stitch off the needle....just sometimes when my stitches are especially tight or clingy for some reason. I have taken notice of my knitting habits lately. I am usually a loosish knitter...so pushing the stitch off the end isn't usually an issue. It is strange.

That said: you will NEVER REGRET the investment into OPTIONS...especially at the attractive pricing AND the wonderful knitting quality. I say: go for the OPTIONS!

If I could only take one type of needle with me to heaven...it would be OPTIONS. xxx

mrs.hre
03-22-2007, 08:57 PM
what is options :?? :shrug:

jenarita
03-23-2007, 12:04 PM
The LYS owner does sell Addi's (sp?) and told me that they are her favorite needle!!

THanks for the advice!

I think I am going to ask for the Options!!!

Wahlee
03-23-2007, 02:21 PM
The LYS owner does sell Addi's (sp?) and told me that they are her favorite needle!!

Addis were my favorite needle. . . until I got my Options. They've got every good thing I loved in the Addi Turbos, with pointer tips and more flexible cords added in (which I didn't even realize I wanted until I had them ;) ).

I'm still keeping all my Addis, though, since they're almost all 16" ones and Options doesn't have a 16" cord yet. :P

gingerbread
03-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Well Friday afternoon I got my package! Yes my Options are here!!! :cheering: :happydance: :happydance: I made sure that everything matched. All the needles were the right size and the cables all connected. So now I can start working with them. Of course I have a really bad cold. Stiff neck and all. So it is going to be a while I think that I will be doing any knitting. Well maybe a little. :roflhard: So I am going to take some good meds and take a nap. Then see how I feel. Everyone have a good weekend of knitting.

dakatzmeow
03-24-2007, 12:54 PM
you will love them so much! i also love the knitpicks circulars in the smaller sizes 0-3. they have permanent joins b/c they are too fragile for a convertible join.

nadja la claire
03-24-2007, 01:28 PM
what is options :?? :shrug:

Knit Picks Options are only the greatest circular needles ever invented. They are just sharp and slippery enough and the needle join is wonderfully smooth. I :heart: :heart: :heart: my Options. In fact the only time I use any other needle is when I need a 16" needle.

Nadja xxx

Mommy22alyns
03-24-2007, 02:37 PM
You all are reallllyyyyy making me want a set... :oops:

zazzu
03-24-2007, 03:42 PM
I made sure that everything matched. All the needles were the right size and the cables all connected.

I just ordered mine yesterday, so thanks for reminding me to do that as soon as they arrive. Unfortunately, KnitPicks is out-of-stock on their needle view sizers, so I hope my old one will do the trick. I'd heard that Options needles don't match other manufacturer sizes? No matter, really, just so I can get gauge. :D

DreamWeaver
03-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Darnit, now I want some options :wall:

knitpickers
03-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Darnit, now I want some options :wall:

Same here :pout: My guess is I'll have them on order by the end of the day :shrug: