PDA

View Full Version : Stitch N Pitch

bobi1218
03-20-2007, 08:36 PM
My husband (a huge baseball fan) sent me this link. Pretty cool idea!
http://www.stitchnpitch.com/

Any MD/DC/NoVA knitters want to meet at the May 14th Nationals game? :)

Mommy22alyns
03-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Whoop!! :cheering: :cheering:

I would love and adore to make it down to the Braves event on July 15. I never thought I'd see these two brought together!! :guyknitting:

BTW, I'm a Braves nut! :happydance:

jjminarcik
03-20-2007, 09:40 PM

I would love and adore to make it down to the Braves event on July 15. I never thought I'd see these two brought together!! :guyknitting:

I'm a Braves nut, too! Wish I still lived in Georgia. . . :crying:

Braden
03-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Hmmm, I might go over to GA for that.

PaperGirl
03-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Ahhhhh! I see the Astros in there! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Im already going to see my Astros play in Dallas on my birthday...it might be a really hard seel to get to go to Houston for this one... :pout:

syndactylus
03-20-2007, 10:13 PM
hey!
where are the red sox?

BostonBecca
03-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Funny, it was my question where the Red Sox are....I am going to the home opener however!!!

kristinw
03-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Funny, it was my question where the Red Sox are....I am going to the home opener however!!!

I know! I was so upset to not see them listed!! That is great you are going to the opener. I love me some Red Sox! :heart: We have tickets for July and I am hoping to bring my son for his first game!

BostonBecca
03-20-2007, 10:45 PM
I wonder if there are any knitting patterns for the Red Sox? I have seen guides to be able to make your own charts so maybe I will try that! My boyfriend would love anything Red Sox. It's so nice to see other Red Sox fans on here.

I hope you enjoy the game and so does your son, you have to start them early on the Sox!

jeanius80
03-20-2007, 11:02 PM
thanks! i just signed up...(mariner fan here...) :mrgreen:

rennfamily
03-21-2007, 07:17 AM
Robyn I'd be interested in meeting up for it. Sounds like fun.

1knittychick
03-22-2007, 07:05 PM
just signed up for the newsletter; maybe I can convince my husband we need to go to Atlanta that weekend.

dink
03-22-2007, 07:18 PM
What? :shrug: No Cubbies?? :crying: Here you'd think....

But that's alright, I can just pretend to be a Dodgers or Padres fan right? :teehee: Being that I am living in Southern CA.

This is great info, thanks!

edit---no real info on the teams sites. that could be a bad thing. have to try and find where the tables are in the park! :wacko: knowing me, i'd enter at the wrong side & they'd all be gone :doh:

lucky_alf2
03-23-2007, 02:09 PM
The Dbacks did this last year but I couldn't go as we were out of town. Everyone got a freebie bag that contained yarn, needles, patterns, magazines and coupons. It sounded so cool!! The Stitch&Pitch website gives a date for this year (May6) but it doesn't show up as a promotional item on the MLB Dback website -- so I'm hesitant to buy tickets yet.....

RachelJean
03-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Hmmm... no Yankees either. :shrug:

When I first saw the subject of this post, I thought you knit something you didn't like and decided to pitch it. :roflhard:

BostonBecca
03-23-2007, 02:48 PM
I think the more popular teams are not participating. The Sox games have been sold out for years, they don't really do things like this because they don't have to I guess. Sort of disappointing however.

dink
03-23-2007, 02:52 PM
I've checked most of the MLB sites which are working with this, none of them seem to be listed. In fact, some of the teams actually have other promotions going at the same time.

I think though that this is accurate. I've never gone, but it might be something that it just done as a "bonus" inside the park?? Something they sponsor, but not really promote on their sites? :shrug:

I'm going to try and see if I can get tickets for either the Dodgers or Padres game, or find someone who's going and see if they can just let me have their bag! :teehee:

brendajos
03-23-2007, 03:10 PM
The news showed the knitters last year at, I believe, the Braves game. I don't remember that 100% but I believe it was.

I would consider heading down to KC. I haven't been to a Royals game in so long. :heart:

Stiney
03-23-2007, 03:14 PM
WHAT? No Yankees? What kind of a site is that?!

At least they sensibly left off that team from Boston. :teehee:

Shandeh
03-27-2007, 03:56 PM

I wish I could make it to the Atlanta game, but I don't think I could handle the summer heat that time of year! OMG!!!

debb
03-27-2007, 08:34 PM
I think I read about the one at the Dodgers, but alas nothing for the Angels. I did knit at a few games last year just because, but they almost wouldn't let me in with my needles one time (though to be fair, they were fairly big size 11 bamboo)

kristinw
03-27-2007, 08:55 PM
WHAT? No Yankees? What kind of a site is that?!

At least they sensibly left off that team from Boston. :teehee:

oooh, diss!! I think you have it backward! :teehee:

dink
03-28-2007, 02:33 PM
I think I read about the one at the Dodgers, but alas nothing for the Angels. I did knit at a few games last year just because, but they almost wouldn't let me in with my needles one time (though to be fair, they were fairly big size 11 bamboo)

Are you going to be going to the Dodgers one this year? I think I might try and go. Seems like it would be fun! And "legal" :teehee: ...no worries of having your stuff taken by the security :grrr:

rennfamily
03-28-2007, 03:46 PM
For those that looked and couldn't find it as a promo on the MLB wbsite, I had the same problem with the Nationals. Emailed about ticket information and the lady that emailed me back sent me all kinds of info. Like PP said I think it's a bonus promo.

zip
03-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the link! I live with a sports geek whose favorite is baseball. Surely, he'll take me to the Padres game. Anaheim, too, if they're added. We avoid LA, but maybe.... :teehee:

dink
03-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the link! I live with a sports geek whose favorite is baseball. Surely, he'll take me to the Padres game. Anaheim, too, if they're added. We avoid LA, but maybe.... :teehee:

If you decide to head to the Padres game, let me know. I might try and make it, but considering it's a Friday, I might not make it there in time coming from Orange County with the lovely traffic :grrr: :!!!: :wall: So i think that the LA game will be a for sure if I can convince my boyfriend (I love baseball, he is so so about it--he loves football) , wish Anaheim was on there but I didn't see it. :verysad:

dink
04-02-2007, 11:33 AM
I just checked the SF Giants site, and they have it listed:

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/sf/ticketing/group_special_events.jsp

Stitch n' Pitch Night
Tuesday, July 24 - Bring your projects to the game and meet other knitters all while enjoying Giants baseball. Specially-priced tickets for Stitch n' Pitch include your ticket to the game and your own Giants Stitch n' Pitch tote bag to carry around all your supplies. Over 1,000 knitters, crocheters and needle artists showed up last year.

So, hopefully soon other teams will be adding information too!

(Happy Opening Week of Baseball! :cheering: )

brendajos
04-02-2007, 12:03 PM
I contacted the Royals last week and they said they would have info after the 11th.... i am not sure why i am giddy with excitement... don't know if anybody else will be there but i really want to go if i can get away! I may even drag my non-knitting friends if i have to just to have playmates...lol.

debb
04-02-2007, 12:06 PM
No, can't stand anything 'Dodgers.' Even worse now with ridiculous official name change for the 'LA Angels (of Anaheim). Oh, the shame[/quote]

debb
04-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Are you going to be going to the Dodgers one this year? I think I might try and go. Seems like it would be fun! And "legal" :teehee: ...no worries of having your stuff taken by the security :grrr:

No, can't stand anything 'Dodgers' Even worse now with the ridiculous name change to LA Angels (of Anaheim). Oh the shame. I'll just keep hoping the Angels at least wise up to the STICH & PITCH promo.

dink
04-02-2007, 12:52 PM

No, can't stand anything 'Dodgers' Even worse now with the ridiculous name change to LA Angels (of Anaheim). Oh the shame. I'll just keep hoping the Angels at least wise up to the STICH & PITCH promo.

I'd much rather go to an Angels game than the Dodgers. Dodgers don't really bother me, I just don't really care.

Maybe if enough people contact the LAA (I'm with you on the name :roll: ) they will get in on it. If that was the case, I'd more than likely go. My boyfriend has friends with season tickets.

debb
04-02-2007, 01:07 PM
okay, you've goaded me into action. I'll send a request that they get on board.

dink
04-02-2007, 01:30 PM
And maybe some others in the area will do the same. I'm in!

boyforpele13
04-02-2007, 01:42 PM
i made it to last year's Devil Rays and it was a blast!!!

cindyln
04-02-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm going to have to hit that Royals game! Heading out to the K now for opening day.

dink
04-04-2007, 05:32 PM
I got a Stitch N Pitch Newsletter this afternoon. In it, there's mention of a contest, and I thought I'd pass it on:

CRAFT Magazine's Stitch N' Pitch Contest! The contest is open to everyone to enter in their own baseball theme craft in the categories of knitting, crochet, needlepoint, cross-stitch, and embroidery. The contest kicks-off on April 4th with the deadline for submissions on May 31st. For more info on the contest go to http://www.craftzine.com/stitchnpitch/

PrizesA large “goody bag” filled with CRAFT prizes and needlearts goods from the top crafting brands. (You won't be disappointed!)

Promotion of your work on the craftzine.com site, TNNA expos, craft fairs, and throughout 2008 at the Stitch N' Pitch road show.

We want to celebrate all things needlearts and baseball this spring and summer — what better way to do this than with a contest? CRAFT magazine's Stitch N' Pitch Contest teams up CRAFT with TNNA's Stitch N' Pitch baseball games this summer, scheduled around the country at 22 major league baseball games starting in May. The contest entries are open from April 4 though May 31, 2007.

ETA--from the Stitch N Pitch Site, you can buy your tickets. The Dodgers are showing the Stitch N Pitch on their website now. And tickets are discounted, although the sections reserved for the Stitch N Picth aren't all that great--hopefully no one who goes is afraid of heights! :teehee:

brendajos
04-13-2007, 11:46 AM
KC area peoples! Check HERE!! (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=436075&sid=3661ee0cff5dcb701b2be6268d6b59e4#436075)

:cheering:

Mommy22alyns
04-13-2007, 02:10 PM
I got a Stitch N Pitch Newsletter this afternoon. In it, there's mention of a contest, and I thought I'd pass it on:

CRAFT Magazine's Stitch N' Pitch Contest! The contest is open to everyone to enter in their own baseball theme craft in the categories of knitting, crochet, needlepoint, cross-stitch, and embroidery. The contest kicks-off on April 4th with the deadline for submissions on May 31st. For more info on the contest go to http://www.craftzine.com/stitchnpitch/

Woohoo!!! I'll be lurking around waiting to see the winners!

brendajos
05-10-2007, 07:41 PM
:happydance: I :happydance: Got :happydance: My :happydance: Tickets!!! :happydance:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/0510071816.jpg

zip
05-10-2007, 11:54 PM
:happydance: I :happydance: Got :happydance: My :happydance: Tickets!!! :happydance:

:cheering: Excellent!

The Padres link wasn't active until today. I e-mailed it to my SO, who's a huge baseball fan.

MommaG
05-11-2007, 12:37 AM

I wish we could go to that. But alas we live in Canada. My husband is a HUGE Braves fan. So much so our daughters name is Atlanta. (He threw the name out as a joke and I liked it)

cindyln
05-21-2007, 12:07 PM

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/0510071816.jpg
I'm in Row S!!

zip
07-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Padres this Sunday. Anyone else going?