PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Was Sanjaya Wearing Fetching Tonight? PHOTOS

auburnchick
03-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Did y'all NOTICE???? They were silver!

He actually did a better job tonight.

How sad am I...writing a paper for class but still the reality TV queen... :teehee:

MMK
03-20-2007, 09:24 PM
You gotta love the crying girl... :roflhard:

MsHershey
03-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Newbie here. I've been lurking on the boards for the last couple of weeks.

I thought the same thing. Fetching gloves indeed.

mrs.hre
03-20-2007, 09:43 PM
HE HAS GOT TO GO. HE STINKS and with the girl crying oh please simon said it all look at the girl crying that says it all they showed more of her than of sanyja.

Braden
03-20-2007, 09:46 PM
I think he was wearing Fetching. He sucks, and what in the heck was she crying for?

auburnchick
03-20-2007, 09:53 PM
I think he was wearing Fetching. He sucks, and what in the heck was she crying for?

Caught up in the moment? Star struck?? :teehee:

She also cried during Melinda's song.

I think she's just overwhelmed with being there.

Braden
03-20-2007, 10:06 PM
[quote=ContiKnitter]I think she's just overwhelmed with being there.

That's probably it.

PaperGirl
03-20-2007, 10:09 PM
I saw that too! I had no clue what they were, but I knew it was a knitted somethingorother. :roflhard:

My 11 year old even caught! "Look mom, hes wearing something knitted!"

auburnchick
03-20-2007, 10:12 PM
I saw that too! I had no clue what they were, but I knew it was a knitted somethingorother. :roflhard:

My 11 year old even caught! "Look mom, hes wearing something knitted!"

Smart child you have there!

You know, before my knitting days (when I was still an ignorant soul), I would not have noticed this.

Aaaaahhhhh, to be enlightened. Why the heck am I taking college classes when knitting does the same thing as Socrates?!

:roflhard:

Braden
03-20-2007, 10:16 PM
My brother came up to me, and said "Look, aren't those the same gloves that you knitted?" :roflhard:

auburnchick
03-20-2007, 10:20 PM
My brother came up to me, and said "Look, aren't those the same gloves that you knitted?" :roflhard:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

auburnchick
03-20-2007, 10:21 PM

Do I hear a Fetching KAL being organized? Preferably done in SILVER yarn???

:teehee:

Sorry...I'm really a very nice person IRL. ;)

Julie
03-20-2007, 10:26 PM
That's the first thing I thought when I saw him :roflhard:

We were dying over the girl...like, what the heck is her deal? Is she laughing or crying? Sooo bizarre :roflhard:

IrishKnitter
03-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Awww, I missed it! Does anyone have a pic or a link? I'd love to see the famous fetchings on TV! :teehee:

auburnchick
03-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Awww, I missed it! Does anyone have a pic or a link? I'd love to see the famous fetchings on TV! :teehee:

Let me see if it's still taped. If so, I'll take a picture of it and post.

auburnchick
03-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Here are the pictures from my TV (sorry if they are a little blurry).

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC01971.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC01970.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC01969.jpg

jeanius80
03-20-2007, 11:28 PM
fetching:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/IMAGES/fetchingALT.jpg
dashing:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring07/images/dashingALT2.jpg

hmmm.. more like dashing but with different ribbing :shrug:
he he he-- maybe he just pulled his sweater past his fingers...

auburnchick
03-20-2007, 11:35 PM
Hmmm...I can't tell the difference really...

But, perhaps he knitted his own??? :teehee:

Ronda
03-21-2007, 08:50 AM
I totally missed the Fetching! I'm going to have to search Youtube.

I think he's cute. Don't ask me why. And the crying girl was so funny!!! :roflhard:

mwedzi
03-21-2007, 09:08 AM

In the close up picture I can't see any cables like Fetching has. but yeah, every week when I turn this on, I'm amazed he's still there. Yesterday I came to the conclusion that this had to be the result of Vote for the Worst. And indeed upon googling, I saw that he was their pick/target.

auburnchick
03-21-2007, 09:38 AM

In the close up picture I can't see any cables like Fetching has. but yeah, every week when I turn this on, I'm amazed he's still there. Yesterday I came to the conclusion that this had to be the result of Vote for the Worst. And indeed upon googling, I saw that he was their pick/target.

Oh, so that's the difference between fetching and dashing? I still sometimes consider myself a newbie.

SandraEllen
03-21-2007, 09:53 AM
OMG, sanjaya totally looks like Prince in that middle picture!!!

I cannot believe that he is still on the show. He's in the bottom 2 every week!

I was listening to some guys talk about Idol on the radio and one guy was saying that Sanjaya is SO feminine that, even though the radio guy is straight, he doesn't feel guilty about being oddly attracted to Sanjaya. :roflhard:

dink
03-21-2007, 11:21 AM
I have to say, that when he walked out when everyone was being intorducted, my eyes sort of just :?eyebrow: :shock: :thinking: I still honestly don't get it, even after his song choice. And, has he always had a little boy upper lip hair? Or was that special for last night and the rocker look? Seemed a little more ungroomed and "rock star" like :rofl:

I just did NOT get his look last night.

and to me...it sounded like he was singing from his nose

jmp3775
03-21-2007, 11:22 AM
I thought it was just the shirt he was wearing. Some shirts do have thumbholes like that because the sleeve is meant to be worn long like that.

dink
03-21-2007, 11:47 AM
I thought it was just the shirt he was wearing. Some shirts do have thumbholes like that because the sleeve is meant to be worn long like that.

He had so many layers on....who knows! :?

Maybe he's just trying to start a new fashion movement! Although if that was the case, he should have started several months ago in the winter! :teehee:

auburnchick
03-21-2007, 11:49 AM

Maybe he's just trying to start a new fashion movement! Although if that was the case, he should have started several months ago in the winter! :teehee:

Maybe he's cold natured? :shrug:

dink
03-21-2007, 11:54 AM

Maybe he's cold natured? :shrug:

I'm typically cold, and I'm a big fan of layering (or sweaters/sweatshirts) but you'd think, Southern California (although yesterday it was gloomy), and the lights in the studio...

Hey....who knows. It just looked a little off to me! :??

madametj
03-21-2007, 05:27 PM

:noway: OMG! i just heard about this site a couple of weeks ago and i immediately thought of that talentless loser Taylor Hicks (who i thought never should have made it past the auditions, let alone Holywood week), but anyways i just went to the site just now and there it is, solid proof. The a pic of him holding one of their t-shirts on the home page for goodness sake. has he no shame? :thud:

Silver
03-21-2007, 06:49 PM
If Sanjaya doesn't get to boot tonight, I will scream. :!!!:

Arielluria
03-21-2007, 07:24 PM
HE HAS GOT TO GO. HE STINKS and with the girl crying oh please simon said it all look at the girl crying that says it all they showed more of her than of sanyja.I totally agree with you! He has potential, but does not deserve to be there over the others he's kicked off Idol!!!!!!!! Hubby loves him though and votes for him! :wall:

mintdee
03-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Hubby loves him though and votes for him! :wall:

Right before the show unplug all of the phones from the wall and hide any cell phones. Then when he asks just say "The dog/kid/ghost did it!" :teehee:

Arielluria
03-21-2007, 07:40 PM
If Sanjaya doesn't get to boot tonight, I will scream. :!!!: :tap: Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brandon TOTALLY deserved to be there over Sanjaya, even if he did forget his words.........Brandon's a better singer!

On another note..............I can't believe I can't get away from Sanjaya even on KH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do like him as a person, he seems sweet, but just not deserving of top 10 status! :wall:

Cristy
03-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Well...Sanjaya stays another week.... :shrug:

Silver
03-21-2007, 10:19 PM
I am SO disgusted that we have to listen to his cat screeching again next week. The producers should make an executive decision and boot him on the mere fact that it's completely disgusting that he's still there.

That Vote For the Worst site should be sued... along with Howard Stern. Blah. I'm sick.
:!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

Arielluria
03-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Pass the sedative! :wall:

Silver
03-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Although, at least I'm not heartbroken that Stephanie left... I was totally bored with her. She can sing rings and rings around Sanjaya, but she has absolutely zero stage presence. Even her name is boring. :shrug:

SandraEllen
03-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah. Brandon was better, but he was still middle of the road. Stephanie too...

So long as they don't vote off someone who ccould win, I can't be angry.

i'd be a lot happier if sanjaya was gone though...

auburnchick
03-21-2007, 11:41 PM
I am SO disgusted that we have to listen to his cat screeching again next week. The producers should make an executive decision and boot him on the mere fact that it's completely disgusting that he's still there.

That Vote For the Worst site should be sued... along with Howard Stern. Blah. I'm sick.
:!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

I guess this is Silver screaming, eh? I could just picture you yelling at the TV. :teehee:

BTW, my sister's name is Stephanie. ;-) I guess the name just isn't the same as "Beyonce." :roflhard:

::::::::::::sigh:::::::::::

Wonder what he'll sing next week...to be continued...

Cristy
03-22-2007, 12:02 AM
I can't imagine that it'll be interesting, whatever he chooses...

Arielluria
03-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Melinda Doolittle's gonna win! ;) (I love Lakisha too, she's from Houston, which is where I live, and she's great!).......but Melinda's got the goods!!!!!!!! :happydance:

auburnchick
03-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Melinda Doolittle's gonna win! ;) (I love Lakisha too, she's from Houston, which is where I live, and she's great!).......but Melinda's got the goods!!!!!!!! :happydance:

She is already a pro, IMHO. Even my 12yo son commented that she has a smooth voice.

jdee
03-22-2007, 12:08 PM
I like Melinda, Lakesha, and Jordin. If those three end up the final three, then whoever wins will deserve it. My husband really likes Melinda, though.

Sometimes I feel sorry for Sanjaya, because I think he has talent, but lacks experience. I don't think he's in the same league as the others, but they continue to vote for him. Then the audience boos, and that has to be hard on a kid's self-esteem. But at the same time, I hate to see really good singers have to leave, and he gets to stay. I think if he'd have just waited for his voice to mature, he'd be a great singer, but it's just not quite there yet.

Of course, I'm not an expert, so maybe I shouldn't say anything. :teehee: Usually good singers end up successful, whether they win the contest or not.

CarmenIbanez
03-22-2007, 12:21 PM

Yep. That was my thought too. I am over this season already. I'm not even voting anymore. It just seems lame. Last year, the talent was really deep. By this time I remember thinking ANY of them could be successful recording artists. This year, not so much.

dink
03-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Yep. That was my thought too. I am over this season already. I'm not even voting anymore. It just seems lame. Last year, the talent was really deep. By this time I remember thinking ANY of them could be successful recording artists. This year, not so much.

I think you just spoke for many who are fans of the show. I know that I feel that way, as well as some of my co-workers and friends. I have voted in the past (not often, maybe like once or twice for a contestant if I felt they did really well) and have watched the show almost religiously. This year I feel like if I'm home and it's on, sure, but if I'm doing something and don't realize the time, not a big deal anymore. This year I guess you could say I'm let down. :verysad:

CarmenIbanez
03-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah. I don't even watch all the performances. I DVR it and when the performance starts, if it isn't good, I just skip it. They better get better quick, because I have quit Idol midseason before. I didn't watch any of the Carrie Underwood season.

madametj
03-22-2007, 10:14 PM
I hate Vote for the Worst.

Stephanie was my favorite :crying:

i think theres a big batch of so-so singers this season. Sanjaya, Haylie, and that other girl who thinks she a punk--they all need to go. Oh, yeah and Phil, too (is that the bald guys name)

I stopped watching American Idol last season. IMO Paris was the only one there with real talent...

jodstr2
03-23-2007, 02:00 PM
i think theres a big batch of so-so singers this season. Sanjaya, Haylie, and that other girl who thinks she a punk--they all need to go. Oh, yeah and Phil, too (is that the bald guys name)

after Antonella left, I always hope every week one of the 4 you mentioned gets booted. they cannot compare to the others.

Melinda, Jordin, and Lakisha are my top picks for talent.

I like Chris S for his personality.
Blake is alright I guess.
Chris R bores me.

auburnchick
03-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Jay Leno made a joke last night on the Tonight Show...thought of y'all...

"Sanjaya is Indian for William Hung."

Poor Sanjaya...

1knittychick
03-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Looked like it to me as well. I'm not into AI this year as I have been the last 2 years--my oldest son says it because Bo, Taylor and Chris aren't in it this year. The only one I really like, well 2--Melinda and Gina.

Silver
03-23-2007, 03:51 PM
I guess this is Silver screaming, eh? I could just picture you yelling at the TV. :teehee:

BTW, my sister's name is Stephanie. ;-) I guess the name just isn't the same as "Beyonce."
Yeah, I did yell at the TV. I was totally peeved. :oops:

And no offense to anyone named Stephanie. I was just trying to make myself feel better about Sanjaya making it through another week.
No, it didn't help. lol

Silver
03-23-2007, 03:55 PM
... and that other girl who thinks she a punk--they all need to go. Oh, yeah and Phil, too (is that the bald guys name)
I like Gina... I like that she's a rock singer and not another whiny ballad type chick. And although I know Phil Stacey isn't going to go much further, I'm rooting for him cause he's from my home town.
:cheering:

PaperGirl
03-23-2007, 03:55 PM

Poor Sanjaya...

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Can you imagine him doing Gewn Stefani. :doh: Isnt she next weeks celebrity?

madametj
03-23-2007, 04:00 PM

after Antonella left, I always hope every week one of the 4 you mentioned gets booted. they cannot compare to the others.

Melinda, Jordin, and Lakisha are my top picks for talent.

I like Chris S for his personality.
Blake is alright I guess.
Chris R bores me.

ha Christ R bores me too, but at least he's somehat better than those others i mentioned.

madametj
03-23-2007, 04:00 PM

Poor Sanjaya...

aw that poor thing :hug:

that was cold

lynnlisiewski
03-28-2007, 01:23 AM
He tried to wear gwens hairstyles
:shrug:

just as he did Dianna Ross
And according to Simon Paula's also
what else could he do with his hair
I think he has more styles than Paris (princess P)

he is horrible
The worst is he will probably be here next week as well
could you imagine if some how he won
HE has to go