PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey - Love it or leave it

Knitalia
03-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Hi,

Anyone in South Jersey??? I'm in Burlington County.

editorgrrl
03-21-2007, 04:30 PM
http://www.stitchnbitch.org/snb_groups.htm#nj
http://www.woolworks.org/guilds/nj.html

Mount Holly Knitting Meetup: http://knitting.meetup.com/493.
Glo-Cam Crocheting and Knitting Ladies (Sewell): http://crochet.meetup.com/61.

There's a group Wednesdays 1-4 p.m. at The Knitting Room: http://www.knittingroomnj.com/.

Here's a Craiglist posting from someone trying to organize a group in Mt. Laurel: http://southjersey.craigslist.org/grp/285423030.html.

Knitalia
03-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the reply. Funny thing is, I already belong to the Mount Holly Meetup & the ad on Craigs List is mine. LOL.

Stiney
03-22-2007, 11:00 AM
:waving:

I'm way up North in Bergen, but hi!

Knitalia
03-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Hi! It figures that it was another Jersey girl that helped me out. I grew up in Essex county. I just recently moved to South Jersey because we bought a home. The real estate prices up North were just too high for us.

editorgrrl
03-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the reply. Funny thing is, I already belong to the Mount Holly Meetup & the ad on Craigslist is mine. LOL.
Small world!
I forgot to mention that there's a South Jersey Craft Mafia group being organized at Craftster: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=50.0.

Rose662
04-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Hi!

I'm also in South Jersey. I am in Gloucester County.

The Meetup.com group "Glo-Cam Crocheting and Knitting Ladies" (Sewell) is mine.

unraveled
04-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Hi
My name is Everdina and I am in Northern NJ, Ringwood. Just joined the forum, but I am a "hooked" knitter, along with a bunch of great friends.
We also ride our motorcycle wherever and whenever we can to search for new yarn shops. Looking forward to meeting new friends.

Knit on......... :cheering:
[/i]

carmabelle1191
05-02-2007, 08:24 AM
:waving:

I'm way up North in Bergen, but hi!
You're from Bergen County?
I'm from Ridgewood. :waving: :happydance:

bellium
05-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Hi
My name is Everdina and I am in Northern NJ, Ringwood. Just joined the forum, but I am a "hooked" knitter, along with a bunch of great friends.
We also ride our motorcycle wherever and whenever we can to search for new yarn shops. Looking forward to meeting new friends.

Knit on......... :cheering:
[/i]

i was from oakland, then mahwah, but husband and i just moved up to orange county, for the same insanely high real estate price reasons mentioned above. there is an excellent yarn shop in cornwall, ny, that i recommend you check out - it's not too far from ringwood, and a nice ride!

unraveled
05-02-2007, 03:38 PM
I live in Ringwood so not to far from Ridgewood.

And I did go aand check out that yarn shop in Cornwall this passed Sunday, only to find out they are closed that day. So my friends and I hopped back on our bikes and went to Woodstock and ofcourse couldn't leave without buying yarn.
Mother's Day weekend we are heading up to New Hampshire to the Wool and Sheep festival. That should be fun, I am so looking forward to it. xxx

Everdina

carmabelle1191
05-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Not sure where Cornwell is, but everything in Bergen County is closed on Sundays, and it gets quite annoying when you are having a yarn craving. :teehee:
Cawthraven, my mom says that exit 168 (where you said you where from in an old NJ thread) is right by Depiero's (<---sp?). Am I right?

unraveled
05-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Yes those blue laws in Bergen county are a PITA. Cornwall is in NY State. I never heard about the place you mentioned.
Montclair has a few yarn shops, you might google them and check their hours, and then there is always AC Moore and Michaels for when desperate meassures call for desperate times. :happydance: . Good Luck,
Everdina

schneiderphoto
06-03-2007, 01:18 AM
Hey jersey - ites!

I'm from Tewksbury ..just recently started knitting. although i truly enjoy purl and the point in manhattan by my work, aunt jean's handiworks is really nice in clinton...and the woman who works there or own it is very very very knowledgeable and helpful. she spins as well and has classes.

Stiney
06-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Carmabelle, I just saw your posts! :doh: Dipiero's (not sure of the spelling, either, :teehee:) is actually the next exit up from 168. I'm not sure of the number, because I've been been up that far on the Garden State...Dipiero's is in Montvale, and my "exit" is in Westwood. I lived in Northvale up until...Thursday! It's funny that you were so close to me. :)

I used to drive by Dipiero's on the way home from work. I worked in Upper Saddle River, and I'm still mad that I never went to the lys in Ho-Ho-Kus.

carmabelle1191
06-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Small world, huh? I read on your blog that you were moving to Boston. How do you like it so far? More than Jersey? :fingerwag: :teehee: I guess the good thing is that you can visit your lys even on Sundays, while you couldn't back here!
:poke:The lys in Hohokus was pretty good.:teehee:

Stiney
06-03-2007, 02:35 PM
I always went to the one in Nyack, so I could go on Sundays, too. :teehee: The one in Pearl River was closer, and also open on Sundays, but I never made it there.

I love Boston..I went to school up here, so I'm super excited to be back. There are things I love about Jersey, and I'll defend it to the death, but I'm so done with the suburbs and driving and ugh.

carmabelle1191
06-04-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm glad you like it!:cheering:I've never been to Boston, but I'm sure it feels great to escape the stuffiness of the suburbs.
Is the lys in Nyack good? What was it called again? :??

Stiney
06-04-2007, 07:51 PM
It's called Knitting Nation, and I like it a lot. I shall meeeess it. It's on Broadway if you ever make it up there.

Wolfmama
06-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Hi Neighbors,
I'm new to the forum....I am in Ridgewood also. (There are many knitters in Ridgewood, I have found.)
Has anyone been to the lys on Broad Street here in Ridgewood? I haven't been there yet...I buy a lot of my yarn online. But I haven't heard much about this lys...is it worth trying to get a parking space in town?

SusanMarie
06-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Hi!

I must be the only one from Ohio.

Susan

Wolfmama
06-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Hi SusanMarie!
There are actually a few posts on page 2 of the Knitters Knear You forum from Ohio....but if you would like to be an honorary New Jersey resident, I would be glad to nominate you....
:lol:

2x4
06-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Hi, I'm from Hillsborough, NJ - anyone near that area?:hug:

angel4ever
07-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Hi all,
I'm from Hudson County, born & raised in Jersey City. I see most people are from Southern NJ or Bergen County.

Stiney
07-09-2007, 11:15 AM
My step-grandparents live in Hillsborough. Dad is in Flemington. :waving:

figaro
07-09-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm over in Asbury until we buy a house, a little northwest of Flemington.

mimiknitz
09-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Hi,
I'm in Hawthorne right next door to Ridgewood/Bergen county. I knit and crochet.

I checked out that lys in Ridgewood and I liked it. They had lots of different textured yarns with sample knits. And the woman who work there are very helpful.

love2knit
09-12-2007, 11:46 AM
hi ladys am from nj too northern jersey Roxbury its after Rockaway and before Netcong.

heykaren
09-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Oooh, you guys are making me homesick.... I grew up in Lincoln Park ( Morris County ), moved to CT after college and now live in Spain. Just recently learned to knit, so I have no idea where there are any stores in Jersey, but would love to take a drive around and find out.... ;)

Karen

love2knit
09-18-2007, 12:15 PM
heykaren where in jersey are u now!!! we lots of good store for yarn and things

JESS70
09-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Hey jersey girls. i host a knitting group that meets weekly on wednesday nights 7 :30 at panera bread in succasunna, nj.
If anyone is in the area or interested just stop by. we also have a yahoo group where we chat, share patterns and all kinds of other knitting stuff. We love new members, so join us for a fun night of knittin
:knitting:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Morriscountyknittogether/

Ivy-Poo
11-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey all! I just joined here! I currently live in Orange, NJ. I grew in Kearny (Hudson county) , and moved to East Stroudsburg, PA 2 years ago and now we just moved back to Orange. I am very familiar with Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Passaic Counties and West Jersey as well. I've been moving around a lot!
Anywho, I'm a pretty new knitter too- and I just love it :)

truble2301
11-19-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm not currently a NJ knitter, but I'm a seasonal one when I visit my mother in Princeton a few times a year. But I was born in Elizabeth and grew up in Edison and River Vale (hi, all you Bergen County people!). I love New Jersey . . . it's always going to be home!

hedy
11-29-2007, 06:07 PM
hi I have just registered. thought I would look for knitters nearby.
hope to get to know some of you

Amersincavage
03-09-2008, 08:00 PM
I notice the post is from last yr. I too Live in NY(Sugarloaf), grew up in NJ, I work in West Milford. The real reason for this reply is the dog? a bulldog?

Ali

KnittingAsYoga
03-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Hello, fellow knitters....glad to have joined this wonderful site, where I have found many helpful hints and ideas.....the chat is great and I am looking forward to reading all threads in the forum and responding accordingly.....
For those living in upper NJ, Bergen County, we have for three years been running a FREE knitting class and group, KNITTINGASYOGA, at the Hillsdale, NJ Library....please feel free to ask questions if interested in joining....our website is: http://knittingasyoga.blogspot.com

:cheering:

KnittingAsYoga
03-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Hello, Karen, where do you live in Spain? I am from Spain (Burgos), now living in Bergen County - isn't that funny???...If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know....Angela

sheena193
03-28-2008, 08:09 PM
I am in Williamstown, NJ. I used to live in East Brunswick, but also moved south because of the insane property taxes! I still work in Somerset, NJ.

eroomje
03-31-2008, 07:06 AM
I live in Pompton Plains, aka Pequannock, and am starting a group at the Cafe Buonno on the Turnpike in Pequannock this and every Wednesday at 7 until 9. This week is our first, and I hope we have more than just my friend and myself. My friend is a beginner and I have been knitting a long time, wouldn't call myself an expert, but I do get along okay!You and whatever friends you wish to bring are more than welcome. The coffee shop's web page is http://www.caffebuononj.com/main.html for directions. Our group is new and not yet listed.
Ellen

twoxover
03-31-2008, 11:05 AM
hey sheena-
i'm in waterford...i'm originally from somerset county and moved south 18 years ago...

jhilinsk
04-01-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm in Moorestown, Nj-Burlington County. I guess I could drive over to Mt Holly---anyone any closer to me, though?

Jen

Howdovely
04-01-2008, 03:11 PM
I live in Pompton Plains, aka Pequannock, and am starting a group at the Cafe Buonno on the Turnpike in Pequannock this and every Wednesday at 7 until 9. This week is our first, and I hope we have more than just my friend and myself. My friend is a beginner and I have been knitting a long time, wouldn't call myself an expert, but I do get along okay!You and whatever friends you wish to bring are more than welcome. The coffee shop's web page is http://www.caffebuononj.com/main.html for directions. Our group is new and not yet listed.
Ellen

Hi Ellen!!
I grew up in Pequannock (near Lincoln Park border) so I wanted to say a quick hello! Unfortunately I cannot make it to Caffe Buono, I now live in North Carolina! NJ will always be home to me and I miss it dearly!
Brenda

figaro
04-02-2008, 09:12 AM
I guess I should update that we did move but it looks like I am still alone over here! We moved to Phillipsburg, just on the other side of Easton off I-78, the last exit leaving NJ. Anyone near me?

Spikey
04-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Another (former) Jersey girl here! I live in the 'burbs west of Philly now but grew up in Parsippany. My family all still live in North Jersey and we get up there quite a bit.

paiva
05-23-2008, 10:10 AM
HEY GALS!!!!!
I'm in Point Beach down in Ocean County....
born and raised, but I did live in Rutherford for a while when I was in college at Montclair.
TONS| of family in the hackensak/lodi rt 46 area so I know it well, but I love it way too much down here where I grew up...
ANY OTHER OCEAN or MONMOUTH CO KNITTERS!?!?!?
---PAIVA!!!

Cynamar
05-23-2008, 01:49 PM
I lived in Princeton when I was much younger. LOVED it!!! I loved how old the houses were and I loved my friends and I LOVED being so close to Manhattan!

kateycp2k
05-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Hello from a beginner Garden State Knitter! (Ha! I love how that rhymed without even trying too hard. :)

I grew up in Woodbridge (Middlesex County) and now reside in East Windsor (Twin Rivers development, for those familiar with EW), very very close to Exit 8 and Hightstown over in Mercer County.

Anyone else call what can be literally considered Central Jersey (cause we're dab smack in the middle of the state) home?

Spikey
07-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi Jersey Knitters! (I'm a former North Jersey girl myself)

As many of you are aware, knitters from KH have been collaborating to make blankets, lapghans, baby blankets, & preemie blankets for some time now.

The Oddball Baby Blankets project has become so successful that Shandeh has broken it up into regions, and I am lucky enough to be helping to organize the Northeast region.

Our worsted weight blankets are going to Bridgeport Hospital, in Connecticut.

We've just arranged for the Special Delivery Unit at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia to be the recipient of any preemie blankets that we make. For those not familiar, this is a brand new, first-of-its-kind center specifically built in to allow women carrying babies with congenital heart disease or other serious congenital malformations, as well as women whose babies undergo surgery before they are even born! They are doing amazing, life-saving work. More information is available here:http://www.chop.edu/consumer/jsp/division/generic.jsp?id=85487 (sorry, don't know how to make pretty links )

The purpose in reaching out to you all is to increase our numbers for these terrific projects. You can see the list of current projects on our blog (link in my sig below) and on the NE knitters thread:http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81357

If any of you are interested in participating, please PM me with your address and we'll get you on the list. All are welcome, and new ideas for blanket themes are greatly appreciated.

One other really cool thing is that they asked if we could help them find local knitters who could teach some of their patients to knit. They get the occasional patient who is on prolonged bedrest, either after fetal surgery or because of premature labor. They do have a nurse/midwife who knits, and I'm usually around, but they might need more folks willing to show someone how to knit from time to time. They'll provide the supplies.

Any South Jersey knitters interested in teaching basic knitting?

Cinderangel
10-05-2008, 01:44 PM
HEY GALS!!!!!
I'm in Point Beach down in Ocean County....
born and raised, but I did live in Rutherford for a while when I was in college at Montclair.
TONS| of family in the hackensak/lodi rt 46 area so I know it well, but I love it way too much down here where I grew up...
ANY OTHER OCEAN or MONMOUTH CO KNITTERS!?!?!?
---PAIVA!!!

Hey Paiva!!

I just joined and I'm very glad to see that there is another Ocean County knitter down here! I live in Brick, right by the Point border.

--Meghan

Cynamar
10-12-2008, 12:43 AM
I used to live in Princeton. LOVE IT!!!

knitcindy
10-15-2008, 07:35 PM
I live in Burlington, in Burlington County!!! Not very far from Route 295 and just a block away from Route 130. Glad I found so many other NJ knitters here!!!!!

knitcindy

crazykntter83
10-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi,

OMG! You're in Burlington? I grew up there, on McGuire AFB. Although now I'm in GA. But cool!

IM4EVERGOOD2U
11-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Hello New Jersey,

I live in Kearny New Jersey which is in Hudson County. Exit 145 on the famous Parkway :roflhard:

Look forward to talking to you guys soon...

Millie :knitting:

mama4knits
04-02-2009, 11:17 AM
I also live in Burlington county right next to Ft. DIX

twistedstitcher
10-25-2009, 01:48 PM
And another Ocean County knitter from Brick, (Silverton). Glad to meectcha ladies.

Anne Marie

Hey Paiva!!

I just joined and I'm very glad to see that there is another Ocean County knitter down here! I live in Brick, right by the Point border.

--Meghan

Joeysmom
11-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Hi,

Hi , I'm in Toms River, Ocean County,I belong to a needlecraft group at our clubhouse, just got back into knitting and crocheting after about 30 yrs, I gave up quilting for awhile, ran out of wall space. lol.
Nice to meet all of you, looking forward to learning newer things.
Happy Thanksgiving, Carol: :knitting:

catsonmars87
08-01-2010, 07:01 PM
hi everyone!

Just wondering if there are any knitters or crocheters in Bergen County near Englewood/fort Lee/Teaneck etc etc? I sometimes get my yarn from Pats Yarn Boutique in Fort Lee, if anyone knows of it?

I used to live in Somerset in Central Jersey, and i go around there alot still. It'd be nice to know more knitters and crochets in the area.

Denise

gayatrij
10-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Hi I live in Edison in Middlesex county...Nice to meet everyone..Im a beginner knitter but I love to knit...

onlyAngil
11-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Hi I live in Edison in Middlesex county...Nice to meet everyone..Im a beginner knitter but I love to knit...

Hey! I am in Middlesex too! :)

Wanted to let people know that South Amboy's Public Library had a knitting group the first and 3rd Tuesday of the month.

LStetz
01-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi,

I am not far from Burlington NJ, where abouts are you, I am just starting and have a hard time.

Lisa

anajones
01-17-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm just starting out but would love to know if there is anyone in the Morris County area? Thanks!

eroomje
03-19-2011, 07:59 PM
I am in Morris County, Pompton Plains, near where Rt 23 meets Rt 287. We have a knitting group that meets in my home every Thursday evening, perhaps you would like to visit? Did you mean you are just a beginning knitter? Our group has newbies and experienced knitters and we all help each other. I serve coffee and dessert and you are welcome to join us. lmk and I will send me telephone #. :woohoo:

Howdovely
03-22-2011, 04:37 PM
I am in Morris County, Pompton Plains, near where Rt 23 meets Rt 287.
I grew up in Pequannock!! I'm now in North Carolina, but just wanted to say hello. HELLO!

Brenda

BlueClaws
07-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Greetings

The Lakewood BlueClaws will host a Stitch N Pitch game at FirstEnergy Park in Lakewood, NJ on August 16, 2011. We are inviting all needlearts enthusiasts to work on their current stitching projects as they enjoy a BlueClaws baseball game. We are offering tickets at a cost of $12.00 to those who are interested in participating. The ticket costs include a ticket to the game, a Stitch N Pitch gift, and a donation to BlueClaws Charities that will go to the American Cancer Society. Furthermore, we are collecting knitted caps that will be given to patients of chemotherapy.

We are also looking for at least two BlueClaws and/or baseball themed blankets or quilts to display at our entrance gates. We would hang them up for the game, and they would be returned to the owner either at the conclusion of the game or before the owner leaves the park.

I can be reached at 732-901-7000 x. 196 if you would like more information or would like to book your tickets.

We hope you are able to participate in this wonderful event. We would love to see you at the ballpark for this night. Thanks, and have a Clawsome day!

Yours in Baseball

danygirl
08-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi,

My name is Danielle (Dany), I googled knitting groups and stumbled upon this site. I joined this website because I am looking for a knitting group in my area, I live in Washington Township and groups seem to be no where to be found. I have been knitting about 8 months and would really like to meet up with some fellow knitters.

HELP!!!

:happydance: Danielle

Patsys
08-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who stumbled upon this site. I'm in Clifton and I can't even find another KNITTER in my town, let alone a group. I even taught the members of my Woman's club how to knit but, as soon as the committee project was done, none of them were interested in continuing. If it weren't for the people in the yarn and craft stores, I'd think I was the only one who knitted in Passaic County. LOL :?? :X:

Hi,

My name is Danielle (Dany), I googled knitting groups and stumbled upon this site. I joined this website because I am looking for a knitting group in my area, I live in Washington Township and groups seem to be no where to be found. I have been knitting about 8 months and would really like to meet up with some fellow knitters.

HELP!!!

:happydance: Danielle

danygirl
08-31-2011, 03:34 PM
This just seems crazy, I would like to think that there are a lot of other interested knitters out there!!!

I found a group right in my area, I had to fill out some sort of questionairre and they said they would get back to me with an email to let me know if they wanted me....I personally thought that was insane but hey what do I know...needless to say, I still haven't heard back from them. I kind of feel like the movie "mean girls"...lol!!!

Well I guess I'll keep searching or look into starting my own group...who knows!!! But in the meantime, I'll keep knitting!!!

:happydance:

tyratim
01-03-2012, 05:25 AM
I live in Camden County! Anybody in the Voorhees or Deptford area?

HeathersHobbies
03-31-2013, 11:29 AM
This just seems crazy, I would like to think that there are a lot of other interested knitters out there!!!

I found a group right in my area, I had to fill out some sort of questionairre and they said they would get back to me with an email to let me know if they wanted me....I personally thought that was insane but hey what do I know...needless to say, I still haven't heard back from them. I kind of feel like the movie "mean girls"...lol!!!

Well I guess I'll keep searching or look into starting my own group...who knows!!! But in the meantime, I'll keep knitting!!!

:happydance:

If you are close to Rahway ( Union County ) There is a group that my friend runs first Monday of every month. We don't ask that you fill out anything.

knitcindy
04-04-2013, 08:53 AM
I've started a Knitting Circle/Group at the:

Library Company of Burlington
23 West Union Street
Burlington NJ 08016

We meet on the 1st & 3rd Thursdays of every month from 6:30pm - 7:30pm. PLEASE come & join us!!!!

knitcindy