PDA

View Full Version : HUGE SALE!!!

letah75
03-25-2007, 01:11 AM
http://www.knithappens.net

brendajos
03-25-2007, 01:15 AM
am i crazy? everything i have clicked on so far says "sold out"... i don't see an indiciation that is supposed to change later...am i missing that?

letah75
03-25-2007, 01:26 AM
I forgot to post this yesterday....I think people must have found out about it.

:??

brendajos
03-25-2007, 04:05 AM
okay well i went back again after i was too tired to keep knitting and i most certainly did find some AWESOME deals! I left a few behind too (misti alpaca anyone?) I just spent way more than i should have but i gotta buncha yarn coming my way.

sadly the one that reeeeeeally fell in love with was sold out... it was such a pretty color it made me gasp when i saw it....lol. I am such a color geek. :oops:

Ingrid
03-25-2007, 09:07 AM
I forgot to post this yesterday....I think people must have found out about it.

:??

Don't you mean that you posted after you BOUGHT IT ALL!! :!!!:

:teehee: :teehee:

bobi1218
03-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Evil. You are just pure evil. :lol:

mintdee
03-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Man I tell you what. If you are going to have a sale you may as well go all out! Whew them were some good prices. :thud:
I got some RYC Cashsoft 4ply for the Seraphim Shawl that I will be knitting. I couldn't resist. :zombie:

brendajos
03-25-2007, 11:25 AM
hijacking...

Speaking of sales... Sandra I was trying to convince Joe, at Personal Threads, that he needs to have a big sale when they move to their new location... I don't think he was convinced...lol

Have you seeeen the new location yet? The building is going to be HUGE! In comparison though, my apartment would be HUGE compared to their store...lol

unhijacking

mintdee
03-25-2007, 12:02 PM
/hijacking

They are moving?! When?! I didn't know that. I am so glad that they are getting a bigger store. Can you imagine all that extra space and all that yarn :passedout:

Yeah they need to have a moving sale. Although my pocketbook does not want them to have a sale :teehee:
I :heart: :heart: that place

/hijack

zkimom
03-25-2007, 04:57 PM
letah,

You are officially my enabler. I spent $80 on yarn I never knew I needed. :zombie:

Then, because my birthday is Tuesday, I had them ship it overnight as my present to myself. :aww: Ok, DH is out of town for the week and I hate it when he's gone for my birthday.

I got quite a haul though for that money:

Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky [Pink] -- 4 at 3.71 each which will be a shrug for my dd

Maggi's Linen [Mint] -- 5 at 3.35 each which will be a tank top for me

Jaeger Baby Merino DK [Petal] -- 3 at 3.22 each which will be a baby sweater for an upcoming baby

Fiesta La Luz Multi [Poppies] -- 3 at 13.41 each for another summer tank for moi.

So, thanks for posting that link -- it was fun. :muah:

Andrea
03-25-2007, 05:28 PM
HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the best sale I've ever seen!!! :noway:

Too bad everything was sold out :verysad:

VictoiseC
03-25-2007, 06:31 PM
oh boo, I was just so feeling like a sale today and was searching around at Webs, then decided to check in here... and right! out of luck...
There's only THREE yarns there and they don't even look like they're on sale! ?

I need a sale bad.... :doh:

brendajos
03-25-2007, 06:52 PM
There's a lot more than three yarns on there. you just have to click around and look. Check the drop down boxes when you find one you like and it will tell you if there is any instock and how much. Check this link (http://www.knithappens.net/shop/index.cfm?page=main&cat=3&afid=&) ... that should help you find them.

kristinw
03-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Man! I just paid full price for Nashua Creative Focus worsted at my LYS the other day. They have it for $3.60!! That is more than half off what I paid. hmmm, maybe I need more. It is quite lovely!! It is the yarn used in this Knitty pattern: Elbac #1 (http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTelbac.html).

Julie
03-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Dude. I can't even imagine how much I would have spent if there was more in stock. :shock:
I'm pretty proud of myself for only spending $30 (before shipping) ...and I got 8 balls of faaaaabulous yarn :happydance:

brendajos
03-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Dude. I can't even imagine how much I would have spent if there was more in stock. :shock:

noooooooooo kiddin'! :rofl:

letah75
03-25-2007, 10:31 PM
zkimom :flirt: :passedout:

kemp
03-26-2007, 08:40 AM
GO THERE! You know I'd hate to send you some place besides mine ;) but a lot of those prices are right at or below cost! I even had to get a few things myself. Not the easiest site to navigate but there is a lot left and the prices are as good as you'll ever see.

dink
03-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Man, and here I was thinking that I could get some Noro Kureyon yarn for the booga bag I want to make. But they're sold out too! There's a handful of different yarns left I'm seeing (chunky) but I wouldn't know what would be good (that's left) for the felting of the bag. :shrug: That's one realllly good sale though!

kemp
03-26-2007, 11:55 AM
There is lots left but you really have to go through each brand. It did take me a while :) but it was worth it.

brendajos
03-26-2007, 11:59 AM
lol yeah it does take a while. i completed my order at 3am and i think i started it at about 1am! granted i do get distracted online and stuff but i did look through every brand and all the yarns to see what was available. and i wanna go back for more but i am behaving! :rofl:

kemp
03-26-2007, 12:05 PM
That's exactly what I did. It's an extremely frustrating way to shop! The deals really made it worth it though.

GinnyG
03-26-2007, 01:00 PM
woohooo!!! :cheering:
I am actually glad there wasn't alot left by the time I got there, I might haven spent my mortgagee money :oops: :oops: As it was I spent $90.00

Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!!

CarmenIbanez
03-26-2007, 01:57 PM
YOu have to look more at all the yarns. They are all SORT OF on sale. I just happened to be at an LYS this weekend in Los Angeles, and I can tell you that many of the prices they have listed for their sale yarns at this website are seriously high. Yes, there are some good deals, but their initial retail prices are bumped up, I think.

kemp
03-26-2007, 02:01 PM
I don't know about the original prices...I didn't pay much attention to that, but I can tell you many of the sale prices were at or below cost.

CarmenIbanez
03-26-2007, 02:07 PM
I don't know about the original prices...I didn't pay much attention to that, but I can tell you many of the sale prices were at or below cost.

I guess my LYS has better prices than I thought. :teehee:

GinnyG
03-26-2007, 02:29 PM
I bought two types of yarn, both were at least 50% less than my LYS.

kemp
03-26-2007, 02:39 PM

I guess my LYS has better prices than I thought. :teehee: Lucky you!

Plus some of the brands that place has (Fiesta, Art Yarns and Alchemy) are SUPER expensive. I've looked into putting Fiesta into my store but I just don't think many people are willing to spend that much. The yarn is gorgeous but just $$$!

CarmenIbanez
03-26-2007, 02:45 PM

I guess my LYS has better prices than I thought. :teehee: Lucky you!

Plus some of the brands that place has (Fiesta, Art Yarns and Alchemy) are SUPER expensive. I've looked into putting Fiesta into my store but I just don't think many people are willing to spend that much. The yarn is gorgeous but just $$$!

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that the sale prices are high. I just noticed that the retail prices they listed for some of the yarns seemed high. Essentially I was just saying that maybe there trying too hard to make their deals look better.

kemp
03-26-2007, 03:03 PM
You could be right about that. Some of them down about 75% but then at cost...that would mean regular is 25% over retail.

The regular retail prices on the brands I mentioned though are just really high to start with.

CarmenIbanez
03-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Well it is basically the fault of all you ladies that I buy expensive yarn. I just bought my first malagrigo (two hanks) a hank of 100% silk from debbie bliss. And a hank of Socks That Rock.

Some days I wish I could back to knitting with just acrylic. But alas, those days are long gone. Really, you only have to finish one fancy garment with a fancy yarn and you can never go back! :teehee:

brendajos
03-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Well it is basically the fault of all you ladies that I buy expensive yarn. I just bought my first malagrigo (two hanks) a hank of 100% silk from debbie bliss. And a hank of Socks That Rock.

Some days I wish I could back to knitting with just acrylic. But alas, those days are long gone. Really, you only have to finish one fancy garment with a fancy yarn and you can never go back! :teehee:

oooh that debbie bliss pure silk is wonderful! I have a bunch of it and still need to find a perfect pattern for it. i am thinking i want to do a "summer scarf" with some of it ... a skinny one ya know. i just have to find a pattern i like...yummy

CarmenIbanez
03-26-2007, 03:19 PM
oooh that debbie bliss pure silk is wonderful! I have a bunch of it and still need to find a perfect pattern for it. i am thinking i want to do a "summer scarf" with some of it ... a skinny one ya know. i just have to find a pattern i like...yummy

Mine is the sage green and I am so in love with it.

mwedzi
03-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Man, those were some good prices. I had to finally give the Alchemy Synchronicity a try at $8.33 a hank. That's crazy! I always miss the beginning of their online sales, and when I get there, most stuff is already sold out. Probably better for my wallet, anyway.

Knitalia
03-26-2007, 03:47 PM
I just spent $96, like it was nothing!!

CarmenIbanez
03-26-2007, 03:56 PM
I spent that much this weekend too. Only my stuff wasn't on sale. :pout:

I think I am just going to check this site regularly for sales.

brendajos
03-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Just so's y'all know... I just called the store to get an idea of how long it is taking them to ship so I know when to start looking for it and not be frettin'. She said they are really still working on orders from the first day of the sale. She doesn't have a full time staff "over there" so they are packing boxes as fast as they can and are sending about 100 boxes a day right now. So we will all have to be patient as they are all doing double duty between the yarn shop and the shipping area but they are working as fast as they can. The orders are being processed as they came in and I don't know when the sale actually started...didn't think to ask really.

Julie
03-27-2007, 01:40 PM
I know it was mentioned on another board on Thursday...and then people were saying that things were already out of stock. My guess is that it started Tuesday or Wednesday. :shrug:

BostonBecca
03-27-2007, 02:26 PM
I resisted the beautiful yarns on sale....no stash increasing for me right now...It was an incredible test of my willpower.

Abbily
03-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Ooooooh, I resisted for SOOO LONG... but I finally gave in and bought some yarn! I got some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, the textured one, and some Noro Kochoran for a scarf for my hubby. :)

orcoastknitter
03-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Those are great prices!

I was looking at MORE sock yarn... but I didn't buy a single thing!

I am very proud of myself!

But why I do I keep going back and looking?????

VictoiseC
03-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Oh boy. Geez, thanks. I'm one hour in now and it's sunny and beautiful out and I need to STOP SHOPPING! Did anyone buy Nature Cotton? It's sooo pretty. But I can't find a pattern. Do you think, when ordering, it's prudent to get 10 skeins of something (if affordable), like this Nature Cotton,
so you can make a sweater. Or do you ever buy like just 7 or 8 skeins?
In other words! Do you have a pattern in mind before you buy or just buy a bunch! ???

What a GREAT SALE. I want that Rowan Beach Cool Pattern book too.

GinnyG
03-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Nope! I bought 16 skeins of Naturecotton (same color) without a CLUE what I was going to do with it!!!! :??

VictoiseC
03-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Ok Letah! Brendajos! Who's gonna come over here and explain this to my husband!!!!!????? :doh:

Here it is: $102.57. After I got up to $80 and saw the shipping cost, what the heck, I added on $20 to get free shipping AND

I got another pair of Addi turbo circulars because of that (only $11.00!)

I did want some of that Maggie's Linen though...

I got my favorite: Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk in pale blue 5 skeins

Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere (luxury socks?)

4 Jaegar Aqua in DAFFODIL SO PRETTY (but I don't know this yarn)
8 NATURE COTTON IN PINK looks beautiful
4 Atacama alpaca
and (for the husband socks heh heh to make him feel better)
some Regia

Oh boy, how do I explain this when he comes home???? (I don't have a job) (but I cook beautiful food every night) :happydance:

happy happy

brendajos
03-28-2007, 02:41 PM
lol i think she is cuz she's the one who pointed it out in the first place! :teehee: and i feel much better cuz you spent more than i did! :happydance:

letah75
03-28-2007, 02:43 PM
:out:

Shoot, I was going to nominate Brendajos. Uh, well, see I can't come over, I have an early meeting in the morning, and uh....I need my sleep.

VictoiseC
03-28-2007, 06:54 PM
:verysad:

uh oh, he's home

:rofl:

VictoiseC
04-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Just wondering.... has anyone received their order? I guess it's going to be some time. I had a little dispute (I wanted to change the size of some needles I ordered) and found out, well they said they literally had
"ten thousands of orders" so it would be a while til I got my order.

Anyone receive theirs?

GinnyG
04-09-2007, 03:36 PM
I placed my order on the 25th, did receive an email on Friday that it has shippped. So it should be here in a day or two.

VictoiseC
04-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks Ginny... I didn't get an email yet so I guess it'll be a while.

GinnyG
04-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Good things are worth waiting for :pout:

VictoiseC
04-09-2007, 04:05 PM
I don't believe this!!!!! :pout: The email right below yours.... after I posted to you I went back and opened it and it was from THEM saying my order just shipped. Is that like CRAZY OR WHAT!!!! :rofl:

kristinw
04-09-2007, 04:07 PM
I ordered the 25th and it is due to arrive today. Darn UPS guy doesn't come until 5ish here :!!!: I guess we'll see if I get everything I ordered or not.

rennfamily
04-09-2007, 04:10 PM
I got my order on Friday and everything was great.

GinnyG
04-09-2007, 05:07 PM
I received my yarn today. a BEAUTIFUL nauralwool in shades of blue (really turquoise) and a natural cotten in a color called "bllush" that I'm not wild about but I am sure I 'll find something to do with it!!