PDA

View Full Version : elastic yarn...anyone?

mscarmen
03-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Hey!
I've been looking for the perfect yarn for the perfect top, a lovely summer strapless top. Obviously some elastic is in order then! I came accross Cascade Fixation yarns and i was over the moon! It is 98.3% cotton / 1.7% elastic and comes in every colour and mix possible! However this is an american company and i can't find it anywhere in the UK! Has anyone come accross similar yarn that maybe i can substitute? Or even better has anyone found where i can get this yarn in the UK!?!?
Thanks!
Carmen

hellokitty165
03-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Hey!
I've been looking for the perfect yarn for the perfect top, a lovely summer strapless top. Obviously some elastic is in order then! I came accross Cascade Fixation yarns and i was over the moon! It is 98.3% cotton / 1.7% elastic and comes in every colour and mix possible! However this is an american company and i can't find it anywhere in the UK! Has anyone come accross similar yarn that maybe i can substitute? Or even better has anyone found where i can get this yarn in the UK!?!?
Thanks!
Carmen

try... lana grossa elastico... i believe you can get it in europe...

aineepooh1
03-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Well MsCarmen~
Thanks for posting I didn't even know that yarn could be elasticized~! :??

Had to make a mental note on that one~! :thumbsup:

KnittinMitchie
03-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Knit picks had elastic sock yarn at one point. I found elasticized yarn to be a royal PITA. But it mad a great pair of socks

mscarmen
03-27-2007, 08:05 AM
ok so maybe too much hassle? Do you think it would be easier to just go for 100% wool then? OR!! I read somewhere on the internet you just get some "rainbow elastic" and carry it along the WS of knitting. Problem is I haven't got a clue what rainbow elastic is, it must be an American thing?
I think this method of carrying elastic at the back may be easier than finding some elasticated wool don't you think? So how do i get my hands on this rainbow elastic?.... :??

AmandaC
03-27-2007, 08:21 AM
HERE (http://www.getknitted.com/acatalog/Cascade_Fixation.html)

Get Knitted - UK company in Bristol. Very quick shippers ... :cheering:

KnittinMitchie
03-27-2007, 11:25 AM
That is some nice looking yarn. Too bad I'm not in the UK lol or I'd order some. I like the peachy color.

mscarmen
03-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks a lot Amanda! Have emailed them to see if they have other colours in stock.. hope they get back to me with a YES!!