PDA

View Full Version : OT: So Much For Being In A Good Mood

Knitting_Guy
03-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Just read my blog for the details. I'm heartbroken at the moment.

mrs.hre
03-26-2007, 06:23 PM
i am so sorry about your freind. my prayers are with you. maggie

jeanius80
03-26-2007, 06:23 PM
oh mason! :heart: :pout: i am so very sorry for your loss and for your friends family. i hope you will be able to get home asap.

jeanie :hug:

Jan in CA
03-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Oh no. I'm so sorry, Mason. :pout:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Knitting_Guy
03-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks. I didn't mention it in the blog but while he wasn't a knitter he did do needlepoint. I really liked the guy, he was a good friend and I'm going to miss him greatly.

PaperGirl
03-26-2007, 06:48 PM
:pout: Im so sorry to hear this, Mason.

Knitting_Guy
03-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Thanks everyone. Right now I'd gladly do the prison time for strangling the person who hit him. He was truly one of the good people.

brokenblossoms
03-26-2007, 06:59 PM
:grrr: :hug: :muah: :oops:

dink
03-26-2007, 07:06 PM
:verysad: My thoughts are with you. I would be feeling the same way as you with wanting to do any and everything you could to find the person who hit him :grrr: .

nadja la claire
03-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Mason I'm so sorry about your friend. :grphug: It's a shame that you had to hear about it in an email. You're in my thoughts.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

letah75
03-26-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm SOOO sorry Mason! My prayers are with you and your friend.

msoebel
03-26-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry Mason...a very good friend of mine died a few years ago driving home from work because some idiot was drunk at 5 pm in the evening and hit his car. He didn't have a chance.

I understand people dying from illnesses, heart attacks, extreme sports...my favorite uncle even committed suicide. So death isn't exactly foreign to me.

But when someone really good dies because someone was just plain stupid...that makes me so angry. :!!!:

I am praying for you.

Misty

auburnchick
03-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Mason, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It is so hard when we lose the ones we care about in such a senseless manner.

My father passed away a few years ago while riding his bike in preparation for a tri-athalon. While it wasn't something that another person caused, it was still so unexpected. Reading your blog reminded me of the overwhelming sadness I felt at the time. Kind-of like being sucker-punched. Takes your breath away.

Try to hold on to the memories of fun times with your friend. Let that drive you right now. Go have a beer in his memory. I'm sure he would want it that way.

:hug: :hug:

BinkyKat
03-26-2007, 09:57 PM
:hug: :pout: :hug:
I'm sad you had to get such terrible news about your friend. That really fries me when people doing innocent things, enjoying the world, get taken away so heartlessly. I hope fond memories of your friend soon bring smiles back to you! :heart:

DianaM
03-27-2007, 01:26 AM
:hug: :hug: sorry to hear that hon

Dangles
03-27-2007, 01:34 AM
:pout:

Hang in there, Mason. :hug:

brendajos
03-27-2007, 01:36 AM
Oh Mason... I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend's family. :heart:

Shandeh
03-27-2007, 06:12 AM
:heart:

Ronda
03-27-2007, 06:42 AM
I'm very sorry, Mason. :hug:

dugsladyp
03-27-2007, 07:43 AM
Such sad news. My thoughts and prayers with you and with your friend's family.

Patricia

dustinac
03-27-2007, 08:38 AM
:hug: :heart: :hug:

AnreeAce
03-27-2007, 09:22 AM
:hug: :hug: Mason!

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

Abbily
03-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Oh Mason, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I know there are no words to make you feel better, but I wish you peace.

mintdee
03-27-2007, 10:36 AM
:hug: :pout: :hug:

mrs desert rain
03-27-2007, 11:14 AM
:pout: :hug:

lauraknits
03-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Oh Mason, I am so sorry about your friend! As one who bikes on the roads, I know how dangerous it can be and have had a few close calls. A friend of mine lost his fiance that way - she was biking a few yards in front of him and it was a drunk driver hit-and-run. So he saw it happen. At least they got the guy. Drunk at 10am! For those of you considering Napa Valley biking vacations, be careful! No time of day is safe for biking there!

Knitting_Guy
03-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Thanks everyone.

Those of us who are road riders know full well the dangers involved. Drivers simply not paying attention are the biggest danger out there. My friend was a very experienced rider and didn't take stupid risks. This is all just so senseless and the worst part is that the person who hit him will likely just get a slap on the wrist, probably just a fine. That's the part that ticks me off the most.

MoniDew
03-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Mason, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart is with you. And, from the look of it, so is everyone else on the boards. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
________
Suzuki Madura Specifications (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_Madura)

REVS
03-28-2007, 02:39 AM
Mason, I just saw this thread and I'm so sorry to hear this!
:hug: :hug:

It _is_ a dangerous world out there, we could be run over by a bus stepping out of the house... However, there are these nonsensical things that just rap you to the core. I am so sorry for your loss!

Here in Seattle a year ago they had a ghost-bike campaign where they took old beat up bicyles painted them white and put them in all those places where a bicyclist had been struck by a car. There were frighteningly many! Not sure what impact it had on drivers, but it made me more careful biking to work etc.

I'm sending you good thoughts. :heart:

Knitting_Guy
03-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Ruth, I've heard of those and perhaps we need to do something like in the area where I live. We seem to have a lot of cyclists hit every year. I've been hit once by a drunk by I was lucky and escaped with only minor injuries.

Thanks to everyone. I think what hurts the most is that I'm stuck up here in WI and wasn't able to attend the funeral.

Skater
03-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Mason, I just saw this thread and I'm so sorry to hear this! I just saw it too.

The pain of losing a good friend is enormous and heals slowly, especially when the death is due to the recklessness of someone else, which adds to the shock and the senselessness of it. I'm so sorry for your loss.