PDA

View Full Version : Frogfrogfrogfrog:(

shellebelle216
03-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Please cry with me! I am working on my first real lace project and just had to frog it b/c of a dropped stitch. See, all was great until the other night I was trying to spread it out to see it and just ripped about 30 stitches off the needle like it was nothing. I froze and told my DH to get the baby and entertain her b/c I had a delicate operation to perform. I managed to pick up all the stitches or so I thought. I counted them and there was 100. So I pick it up today and knit a few rows before realizing that there is a stitch unraveling its way toward the beginning. All this being said I was only on row 28 so it wasn't too bad. I had two rows before I put my lifeline in, but thins time I may do it every ten rows instead. Thanks for listening to me whine!

Angelia
03-27-2007, 06:04 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry!! Putting in the lifeline more frequently is definitely a good idea. Learning the hard way stinks! :pout:

auburnchick
03-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Oh, so sorry to hear that! I just finished Branching Out, which is kind of like a lace pattern. It was pretty delicate to work with at first, so I understand.

:hug:

landolphe
03-27-2007, 07:29 PM
I hate it when that happens. Lifeline ... lifeline ... lifeline ... oh yes, and ... lifeline.

Landolphe

mdog182
03-27-2007, 07:52 PM
i feel your pain :frog:

Aquaria
03-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that :pout: I know how it feels :hug:

I've had to frog my lace scarf, too a couple days ago and it was halfway done :verysad:

But now after the frog I feel so much better because since now I learned that stockinette always curls like mad, I know that I will not make the same mistake ever again. Also I'll be sure that I'm gonna like my scarf later on when I finished re-knitting it, I feel glad that I had chosen to frog my scarf instead of keeping something that I don't like. I frogged my project, and I'm glad that I did :).

You'll feel better later on :hug:

Braden
03-27-2007, 09:20 PM
First lace is hard. Stick with it, and you'll get better.

aineepooh1
03-27-2007, 09:59 PM
I have never done lace but I can sympathize with losing your stitches... I like to use big , fat needles and big fat yarn that fills them up completely~ there have been many occasions when they had slipped off the needle and I didn't even know it~ :wall: :wall:

But again .. We live and learn
:happydance: :cheering: :cheering: :happydance:

Here's to catching our mistakes early :clink:

shellebelle216
03-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Thanks everyone. I am starting again this morning and that life line is going in often this time!

Doublereeder2
03-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Sorry to hear! Is the pond large enough for me too? I frogged both fronts of my cardigan last night because I didn't like how the increases looked. I, too will CO again this morning...

Good luck with yours.

Abbily
03-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Oh no, I'm so sorry!! I hate that!! I bet it will look even better the 2nd time around, though, since you had all that practice!

ArtLady1981
03-30-2007, 04:52 AM
Yes yes yes...placing frequent lifelines in lace knitting is as important as creating frequent Restore Points on your computer, and doing daily back-ups for precious files!

Ya just never know when somethin' is gonna crash and burn! :hair:

nadja la claire
03-30-2007, 08:40 AM
We've all been there sister. :hug: :grphug: Whine and cry all you need :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

GennyLynn1962
03-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Yeah, been there many times.

I use two lifelines. I'm paranoid. I put a lifeline in then knit a few rows, put another one in, and leave the first one until I'm ready to put in another one, then I take out the first one and put it in.

Did that make since??? :??

shellebelle216
03-30-2007, 10:43 AM
That makes sense. I have only gotten the three garter stitch rows done because I have a crying :waah: crazy teething baby on my hands!