PDA

View Full Version : FO: Marsan WatchCap

stargazingchild
03-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Finished my first, onto another by request :)

The pattern is here:

http://www.redlipstick.net/knit/martext.html

With my own worsted weight yarn (Patons Decor), I had to actually cast on 96 stitches instead of 72. This provided for the shown tigh-fitting hat.

I should have also added about an extra 8 rows before the decreasing. Could have used more room for a larger turned cuff.

I also decided to k2tog tbl instead of ssk for the decreasing. Couldn't see how a traditional ssk would preserve the twisted stitch pattern called for. End result looks the same to me.

aineepooh1
03-28-2007, 12:54 AM
I like it~!! What an unusual pattern for the crown~! :thumbsup:

simplethings
03-28-2007, 03:02 AM
i've been looking at that pattern for a while now.
you've inspired me to finally get the yarn and try it. :happydance:

great color choice!

tarrentella
03-28-2007, 05:29 AM
it looks great :cheering: im glad youve been a couple of of rows ahead of me on this one, you got to sort out the problems for me :) im about half way through the decreeses (i but waiting for my new DPNS to arrive to finish.

sara_jayne
03-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Great job - I do love that patterning on the crown!

tarrentella
03-28-2007, 11:44 AM
ive done it ive done it
my DPNs arrived today so i was able to finish the hat. i havent blocked it yet but by the looks of it your has turned out a bit neater than mine stargazing :) oh well not bad for my first attempt at circular knitting ... will post a picture as soon has a figure out how to.

stargazingchild
03-28-2007, 05:32 PM
congrats!! Did you, like me, have a problem at the turning row? Following the instructions causes a hole at row 23 (the place the hat is turned). I tried my own turning method on the second cap I'm doing and I think it came out even worse.

Maybe there's no way to avoid this. Look like I'll have to duplicate stitch it or something.

ive done it ive done it
my DPNs arrived today so i was able to finish the hat. i havent blocked it yet but by the looks of it your has turned out a bit neater than mine stargazing :) oh well not bad for my first attempt at circular knitting ... will post a picture as soon has a figure out how to.

lmc
03-28-2007, 05:46 PM
absolutely beautiful work. Bravo! :cheering:

redwitch
03-28-2007, 08:00 PM
I believe the ssk she specifies in the pattern is actually a k2togtbl.
Sarah