PDA

View Full Version : OT: how to announce 3rd pregnancy to hubby

jberry16
03-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Hey all, this is really ot and I haven't posted in a while-though I've been here. I just got a positive pregnancy test this morning! We weren't trying and I'm not sure how my hubby will take it: he was happy with two. anyway I'm trying to figure out how to announce it to him. Any ideas?

brendajos
03-28-2007, 10:13 AM
You could put the youngest one in a "I'm the big brother/sister" tshirt and see how long it takes for him to notice! ;)

I am sure he will take it fine...Babies are a wonderful thing! :heart: Congratulations!

Abbily
03-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Congratulations! :D

Um, you could leave the test lying around where he'll see it... I like the 'big brother/sister' idea too, though. Or you could just make some sly comment like "Hey, could you pick up some diapers on your way home?" (of course that only works if your other two are out of diapers... but you know what I mean).

Yarnlady
03-28-2007, 10:44 AM
:cheering: Start knitting baby stuff? That's how Lucy did it on "I Love Lucy." :teehee:

roseybee
03-28-2007, 10:50 AM
When I got a positive test for my second, I put it one of his socks (he used to change from dark work socks to white sweat socks every day when he came home from work.)

For my third, I went with the "Big brothers" t-shirts.

For the 4th I waited two weeks so I could give him a homemade father's day card that said "For fatther's day I just wanted to let you know...you're going to be a daddy again"

We found out about our second before Easter and told my In-laws with a stuffed chick "from their grandson" and an Easter egg "from their next grandbaby"

My oldest son announced the news of our 4th to family on his 4th birthday when he opened a present with a picture of the ultrasound (prearranged, of course."

We're all done now (although I wanted 2 more) but it's still fun to think of ways to tell people...

auburnchick
03-28-2007, 10:53 AM
What was one of the foods that you craved during your other pregnancies? Something unusual?

Maybe you could ask him to bring home some of whatever that is. Maybe he'll get the hint.

Chel
03-28-2007, 10:59 AM
LOL What about a baby themed dinner. I saw it on a TV show a long time ago...

For dinner she served baby back ribs, baby lima beans and little baby ears of corn. Then she asked him if his dinner was trying to tell him something. LOL He didn't notice the them until he verbally said all the food items. It was cute.

Or what about writing it on a cake, or in a card. "When we had our first I thought you were a great daddy. When we had our second I realized you were twice as great as I originally thought. Well... this morning confirmed that you are 3 times the father you used to be. You just keep getting better."

knitqueen
03-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Julie!! Congratulations!!!!! :muah: :muah:

jberry16
03-28-2007, 11:19 AM
What was one of the foods that you craved during your other pregnancies? Something unusual?

Maybe you could ask him to bring home some of whatever that is. Maybe he'll get the hint.
grape bubblegum with the first and pinon nuts with the second...

jberry16
03-28-2007, 11:21 AM

For dinner she served baby back ribs, baby lima beans and little baby ears of corn. Then she asked him if his dinner was trying to tell him something. LOL He didn't notice the them until he verbally said all the food items. It was cute.

Or what about writing it on a cake, or in a card. "When we had our first I thought you were a great daddy. When we had our second I realized you were twice as great as I originally thought. Well... this morning confirmed that you are 3 times the father you used to be. You just keep getting better."
I saw that tv show, full house. But I really like the cake/card idea. Until I read your note I had a picture of my older two that said, we love you daddy... and then folded behind that pic is a pic of the preg. test and it sayd ... all 3 of us.

Chel
03-28-2007, 11:24 AM
I saw that tv show, full house. But I really like the cake/card idea. Until I read your note I had a picture of my older two that said, we love you daddy... and then folded behind that pic is a pic of the preg. test and it sayd ... all 3 of us.

:teehee: It WAS Full House. Jesse and Rebecca!!! I remember now!!!

Awwwwwwww your idea is sweet. LOL I am starting to envy you the excitement of having such wonderful news to share!!!!

ctmax
03-28-2007, 12:07 PM
When I became pregnant with my third, I had extra birthday invitations laying around. So I wrote out a birthday invitation for my expected due date. We were trying for our third, but for some reason I found that one the hardest to tell the rest of my family. There is a bigger gap between my second and my third and I'm sure my family thought we were done. I was 4 months pregnant before we told anyone else. Now everyone keeps asking us when we will try for our girl (We have 3 boys) , but I can assure them there will be NO fourth.

Chel
03-28-2007, 02:43 PM
:p so did you tell him yet?

nonny2t
03-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Whoa boy! I don't know about this one. I think the t-shirt thing is cute, but the new baby might be in college before he notices so maybe you should think of something else! lol Hope when he finds out he is overjoyed though! Congratulations! :muah: :hug:

Jeremy
03-28-2007, 03:49 PM
How about saying "Guess what, next year this time we'll have one more deduction!" Just call me a romantic :teehee:

jberry16
03-28-2007, 06:48 PM
How about saying "Guess what, next year this time we'll have one more deduction!" Just call me a romantic :teehee:
I'd thought about that, due date is Dec 4th

jberry16
03-28-2007, 06:53 PM
:p so did you tell him yet?
not yet, we're having spaghetti for dinner and he always wantes me to make meatballs, never have (almost married 4 years) and so tonight I'll make little meatballs and give him the card.
The front has a pic of our first, with the saying "when we had our first I thought you were a great daddy" and then a pic of our second below and opposite corner and words: "when we had our second I realized you were twice as great as I originally thought..." and then he opens the card and (I"m sure he'll have figured it out by then) he'll see the pic. of the positive pg test and read "Well this morning I confirmed that you are three times the father you used to be".... thanks by the way for that great saying!
Also I'm going to put in his lunchbox for Friday's lunch (he's off tomorrow) a card with the two kids pic on the front that says, We love you Daddy...and then it's taped up and you open it and there's the pic of the pg test and it says, "all 3 of us"
Thanks so much for all your help guys-y'all are the best.
I'll let you know thurs or fri how it went. I think he'll have a healthy crown and coke tonight... :teehee:

mks22300
03-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Congratulations! I love that card idea and hope it goes well tonight!

cinnybuns
03-28-2007, 07:23 PM

Ok don't kill me but I think this was was probably FULL HOUSE!!! Rebecca cooked a meal of all baby stuff like baby veggies, baby back ribs etc.. that's what it sounds like.. Don't ask how or why I remember :roflhard:

Chel
03-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Yay!!!! He should know by now... I hope he is as thrilled as we all seem to be!!!!!!!!

mintdee
03-28-2007, 09:55 PM
When I found out that I was preggers with #5 I walked up to T and said "Dangit! you did it AGAIN!" Poor guy was all :?? I said "you Dun Knocked me up again!" Add to that a pair of overalls and no shoes and you get how I looked as well. :teehee: Not that you want to do that :roflhard:

jberry16
03-28-2007, 10:25 PM
When I found out that I was preggers with #5 I walked up to T and said "Dangit! you did it AGAIN!" Poor guy was all :?? I said "you Dun Knocked me up again!" Add to that a pair of overalls and no shoes and you get how I looked as well. :teehee: Not that you want to do that :roflhard:
That is hilarious :roflhard:
Yes he took it better than I thought, he was stunned. He asked if it was a joke, and I was crying and smiling at the same time-don't ask how that happened. But we continued to talk about it and he's fine with it now.
Thanks so much for all your help/ideas and of course most importantly your support.
Now to knit baby stuff...I've just started toe up socks (first time toe up) and then I want to make a hat and blanket since the baby is due Dec. 4th. Thanks again, y'all rock!

SandraEllen
03-28-2007, 11:12 PM
I am glad he took it well! Congrats!

Ronda
03-29-2007, 06:46 AM
Congratulations!

I never had to tell my husband I was pregnant. I was always sicker than a dog when I got pregnant, so it was pretty obvious!

butterflymama
03-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Congratulations!

My dh would know I was preggo because I would be huddled in a corner rocking back and forth mumbling. :roflhard: Sorry, its been one of those days. :teehee:

Mommy22alyns
03-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Congratulations!

My dh would know I was preggo because I would be huddled in a corner rocking back and forth mumbling. :roflhard: Sorry, its been one of those days. :teehee:

:rofl: I hear ya... By the way, I see you're a Mid-TNer too... :waving:

JBerry... congrats!! :cheering:

jess_hawk
03-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Just had to tell the story - one of my teachers told our class she was pregnant when her husband had flowers delivered to the classroom. We of course wanted her to read the card, which read, "To my two favorite people... I love you both!" It was really cute. She brought in videos of her ultrasounds a couple of times to show us, she used to read to us after lunch break (it was middle school but it was still fun to get to relax and listen to someone else read) and she would show us the video instead and we would all coo over the baby's head and her fingers and toes... even the boys.

Congrats on your third!

EssenceRose
03-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Congrats to you and your hubby on your third. I'm also pregnant with my 3rd (due end of April). To tell him, I waited until we were serving dinner. I said to him, "I think I might have seconds tonight.... (long pause)... since I'm eating for two now". He just continued to dish it up then stopped mid spoonful and gaped at me. :lol It took him a minute to grasp what I was saying. Hehe!

butterflymama
03-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Congratulations!

:rofl: I hear ya... By the way, I see you're a Mid-TNer too... :waving:

JBerry... congrats!! :cheering:

:waving: Hi! I did not know there was anyone from the area on the board. So hello!