PDA

View Full Version : how to unbind

carylt
03-28-2007, 11:33 AM
I have already cast off my stitches and would like to unravel the row and pick them up again. How do I do this?

cookworm
03-28-2007, 11:56 AM
I just did this myself, and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

All I did was to carefully and slowly unravel the whole bind off row, then once I got to the actually knitted row (when I was finished with the bind off row), I carefully unraveled each stitch and placed it on my needle one by one until I was finished. As long as you go slow, you should be fine. :thumbsup:

meg9
03-28-2007, 02:45 PM
You can also thread a circular needle through each stitch of the row you'll begin to knit with before you unravel. That's what I do because I'm terrified of dropping a stitch when I have to tink back like that. This is really helpful if your yarn is slippery.
Meg

Ingrid
03-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Once you get the final stitch undone, you can just pull the yarn and pop out the stitches. I think putting your needle in as they pop out is easier than making a lifeline, but that works, too.

VickyS456
03-28-2007, 03:00 PM
I just did this for the first time last week. I did what Ingrid suggested. easy-peasy!

carylt
03-28-2007, 05:42 PM
I'll give it a try. Thank you for your advice.
Will pass this web site on to my knitting buddies in town.

redwitch
03-28-2007, 06:20 PM
I do this too, undo the knot, just pull on the wool and watch the stitches pop open again all the way, then pick them up with my needle. It's a little more time-consuming if it's on of the sewn-type bindoffs... sigh...

Sarah