PDA

View Full Version : Totally OT: Stupid yet oddly amusing.

Chel
03-28-2007, 12:24 PM
There is this comercial for Comcast and in it this guy is standing there in his boxers with tiger stripes all over his body, talking to his tatoo artist over the phone and they guy tells him:

"Sorry, Roger. You tiger now!"

Every time I hear that I bust out laughing.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

So, what moronic thing tickles your funny bone?

brendajos
03-28-2007, 12:29 PM
okay i have not seen that one so I can't laugh with you on it...lol

the one that makes me chuckle all the time that nobody else seems to laugh at is a Cingular commercial. It is the mom yelling at the kids for throwing away their rollover minutes. The kid is arguing that it is march and those minutes are from september. she is telling him that it doesn't matter they still work and that there are people in the world who don't have any roll over minutes.

but the thing that makes me laugh is the dad. He is reading the news paper while this is going on and never looks up or gives any indication that he is listening except that at the end you hear a big sigh from him while he continues reading. it makes me laugh every time.

brokenblossoms
03-28-2007, 02:24 PM
I like the commercial for the salads where the lady is sprinkling chicken cubes over her salad and when she opens the bag you hear a crowd cheering, so her friend picks up the bag and is dancing to their cheering and at the end the friend yells "WOOOH!!!!!" :P It's so stupid but I love it!

Chel
03-28-2007, 02:43 PM
I have seen the cingualr one. LOL I like it when she starts washing the minutes off in the sink after they had been in the trash.

:roflhard:

There is another one I love-I think its for Mastercard. They guy at the zoo is cleaning up near the elephant and starts sneezing. Then the elephant takes his credit card and uses it to burchase kleenex and medicine for him. What makes me laugh is at the end it shows the monkey pulling out a kleenex for the zoo keeper-then it shows some info, and when it cuts back to the scene with the zoo keeper the monkey is at the bottom right of the screen just pulling out tissue after tissue....
:chair:

Lately I have been very amused by the promos for "Meet the Robinsons". Like when the man yells at the T-Rex to "Seize the boy" and the T-Rex explains that he can't because he has a big head and little arms. :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Then the woman is talking about wearing the caffeine patch and she lifts up her sleeve and there are little patches all over her arm that look like mini coffee cups. She says she can stay awake for days with no side effects and then lets out a very random scream. :rofl:

Those reduce me to giggles.

Kaydee
03-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Have you ever seen the Comcast high speed internet commericals with the Slowski's? They're talking about how Comcast internet is too fast for them and they like dial-up. Those turtles always crack me up.

CarmenIbanez
03-28-2007, 02:45 PM
I have THREE really favorites.

1) Carrrrrrrne Asada (Say it sexy like Ricardo Mantalban). Taco Bell commercial with lions.

2) The add with the two guys talking about who is in their "five" and the one guy says "you don't rub the feet of another guy's girl, and you don't put her in your five". And the other guy says "wow, you're really paranoid" and then the phone rings and it plays the song "secret lovers".

3) Old time classic from a few years ago with Jack in the Box trying to say Chipotle. "Chipatoplay" "Chipoodle" and when they show him, the line that makes up his mouth is all squiggly.

Chel
03-28-2007, 02:53 PM
I have never seen the 3rd one, but I know the lions crack me up!!!

Kaydee
03-28-2007, 02:53 PM
The add with the two guys talking about who is in their "five" and the one guy says "you don't rub the feet of another guy's girl, and you don't put her in your five". And the other guy says "wow, you're really paranoid" and then the phone rings and it plays the song "secret lovers".

I love that one! I laugh everytime.

Stiney
03-28-2007, 02:58 PM
2) The add with the two guys talking about who is in their "five" and the one guy says "you don't rub the feet of another guy's girl, and you don't put her in your five". And the other guy says "wow, you're really paranoid" and then the phone rings and it plays the song "secret lovers".

I LOOOOVE this one! Also the one where the brother picked the same Top 5 as his sister, and she says "Aren't you going to do anything?" And the dad just says, "Maybe you should have uglier friends."

And I love all the dropped call ones. "Baby? It's Earl, isn't it?"

hunterjenn
03-28-2007, 03:14 PM
I LOOOOVE this one! Also the one where the brother picked the same Top 5 as his sister, and she says "Aren't you going to do anything?" And the dad just says, "Maybe you should have uglier friends."

The best part about that one is the mom--you expect her to look at the dad like he's a dork, but instead she just nods her head like, "Yeah, honey. Uglier friends." :rofl:

Kaydee
03-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Hahaha, I keep remembering funny commercials. I like those CitiBank ones about identity theft. One with a guy sitting with a beer and he's talking in a girl's voice: "$1500 for a leather bustier?" also with the one with a girl getting a pedicure and she's talking in a geek's voice about his girl robot: "this is going to be the best prom ever". Hehe....I love these.

CarmenIbanez
03-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Hahaha, I keep remembering funny commercials. I like those CitiBank ones about identity theft. One with a guy sitting with a beer and he's talking in a girl's voice: "$1500 for a leather bustier?" also with the one with a girl getting a pedicure and she's talking in a geek's voice about his girl robot: "this is going to be the best prom ever". Hehe....I love these.

And at the end he just lets out a sad little sigh. That is a good one!

PCwombat
03-28-2007, 04:21 PM
I love the one commercial for the sprint phone that has theft deterrent (which is just the chucking the phone at someone).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgoVrAR3YOo (the commercial)

auburnchick
03-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Y'all are making me laugh! :teehee:

My favorite commercial so far is the Hardees (?) Milkshake commercial where the guy is shaking/dancing with the cow, and the song that's playing is "Shake that thing, oh baby baby, shake that thing..."

CarmenIbanez
03-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Where we live that commercial is a Jack in teh Box commercial.

meearnol
03-28-2007, 04:48 PM
3) Old time classic from a few years ago with Jack in the Box trying to say Chipotle. "Chipatoplay" "Chipoodle" and when they show him, the line that makes up his mouth is all squiggly.

AHHH!!!! I'm at work, and I was physically shaking trying to stop laughing when I read this! I lived in Arizona for a few months and I saw this commercial ALL the TIME, and it cracked me up every time! It just doesn't have the same effect when 1) you're repeating it without visuals, and 2) the people you're telling have never even HEARD of Jack in the Box.

Sigh. Good times.

dink
03-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Lately I have been very amused by the promos for "Meet the Robinsons". Like when the man yells at the T-Rex to "Seize the boy" and the T-Rex explains that he can't because he has a big head and little arms. :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

The first time I saw that, I had to rewind it (TiVo! :)) because it was just too funny, and my boyfriend wanted to know what I was laughing at. He cracked up too. :roflhard:

There's others, but right now I'm just going blank. Work..... :zombie:

Stiney
03-28-2007, 05:23 PM
I thought Jack in the Box went out of business years ago cause of poor quality, but shows what I know. :teehee:

We don't have the "Shake that Thing" commercial at all...but then we don't have Jack in the Box or Hardee's around these here parts.

CarmenIbanez
03-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Jack in the Box took a dive about 15 years ago, then made a miraculous recovery over the last 10 years.

stop talking about fast food , or I'll have to poke my fat, too.

I'm going to get sushi.

stacyk9
03-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Have any of you ever seen the "One Second Theater" at the end of the GE commercials? I decided to watch one the other day after I had recorded it on the DVR. It was freakin' hillarious!!! The commercial is the one with the frog that jumps from one place to another and then there is the "One Second Theater". Click on the following link and then click "The Ugly Princess"

http://www.ge.com/onesecondtheater/indexFlash.html

stacyk9
03-28-2007, 05:46 PM
My favorite commercial so far is the Hardees (?) Milkshake commercial where the guy is shaking/dancing with the cow, and the song that's playing is "Shake that thing, oh baby baby, shake that thing..."

If you ask me, that guy is having way too much fun shaking that cow, especially when he slaps it in the booty!

kellyh57
03-28-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm not sure which fast food restauranat it's for, but it's got 3 or 4 people eating some spicy sandwich. They are talking, but breathng in. The woman asks why they can't breathe out when they talk and one of them does and breathes fire. Then they all start yelling and breathing fire. It's stupid, but I love it!

Kelly

CarmenIbanez
03-28-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm not sure which fast food restauranat it's for, but it's got 3 or 4 people eating some spicy sandwich. They are talking, but breathng in. The woman asks why they can't breathe out when they talk and one of them does and breathes fire. Then they all start yelling and breathing fire. It's stupid, but I love it!

Kelly

That is funny, I like that one too!

cathoo
03-28-2007, 06:54 PM

Dairy Queen Spicy Chicken Sandwich!

The recent Capital One ads I like. The exterminator arrives at the couples house and finds giant holes in the walls. He tosses a bunch of change on the floor and a bunch of guys in suits run out and grab the change.... "Yup. You've got Bankers" and he sets up giant mouse traps with cigars and scotch :rofl:

SandraEllen
03-28-2007, 08:32 PM
OMG!!! I just saw this one for the first time tonight. I laughed so so hard!!! DH asked me if there was something wrong with me. :roflhard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U-dYleBVFo

and I also love the "$1500 for a leather boustier." I still use the line randomly. :rofl:

MoniDew
03-28-2007, 08:58 PM
There is another one I love-I think its for Mastercard. They guy at the zoo is cleaning up near the elephant and starts sneezing. Then the elephant takes his credit card and uses it to burchase kleenex and medicine for him. What makes me laugh is at the end it shows the monkey pulling out a kleenex for the zoo keeper-then it shows some info, and when it cuts back to the scene with the zoo keeper the monkey is at the bottom right of the screen just pulling out tissue after tissue....
:chair:

:roflhard: I can't believe this topic came up! My dh and I were talking about this very commercial this morning, on the way to work! I was saying that I just thought this one was soooo cute!

HA, ya'll are mind readers!!!
________
Toyota Innova (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Innova)

zip
03-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Oh! I love the Jack in the Box stoner commercial. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWVnPlUCrf8) < - - you gotta see it. :roflhard: I wanna adopt that kid.

The milkshake commercial with the cow is just weird. :shifty: creepy even.

hunterjenn
03-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Oh! I love the Jack in the Box stoner commercial. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWVnPlUCrf8) < - - you gotta see it. :roflhard: I wanna adopt that kid.

The milkshake commercial with the cow is just weird. :shifty: creepy even.

I agree--it's almost perverse! :oo: It's for Carl's Jr. here, though. It makes me sooooo not want to eat there!

zip
03-28-2007, 10:13 PM
I agree--it's almost perverse! :paranoid: It's for Carl's Jr. here, though. It makes me sooooo not want to eat there!

It's for Carl's Jr. here, too. I avoid it for the same reason you do.

On the east coast, Carl's Jr. is Hardee's, and it isn't bad for junk food. What does Carl's Jr. mean anyway? Shouldn't it be Carl Jr.'s? :doh:

hunterjenn
03-28-2007, 10:23 PM
I agree--it's almost perverse! :paranoid: It's for Carl's Jr. here, though. It makes me sooooo not want to eat there!

On the east coast, Carl's Jr. is Hardee's, and it isn't bad for junk food. What does Carl's Jr. mean anyway? Shouldn't it be Carl Jr.'s? :doh:

:rofl: :rofl: Maybe that's why their commercials are perverse! Cuz it IS Carl's...uh...junior?

feministmama
03-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Aw right y'all what about the Gieco commericals with the caveman??

auburnchick
03-28-2007, 11:25 PM

These plain old annoy me. Dumb...

As far as the cow commercial, well, I must have a weird sense of humor. Maybe it's the southern girl in me (where cow-tipping is the thing to do on a Saturday night -- although I never did this).

orcoastknitter
03-29-2007, 12:29 AM
I have two favorites...

One is the Staples commerical where the printer runs out of ink and one of them say to shake it (meaning the ink cartridge) but he shakes the printer instead.

The other is a new burger king commerical where the guy (Bob) is sitting in the bathtub with a sponge on his head. Then he stands up and asks his wife to guess who he is... Sponge Bob NoPants... or something like that...

hunterjenn
03-29-2007, 12:36 AM
I have two favorites...

One is the Staples commerical where the printer runs out of ink and one of them say to shake it (meaning the ink cartridge) but he shakes the printer instead.

The other is a new burger king commerical where the guy (Bob) is sitting in the bathtub with a sponge on his head. Then he stands up and asks his wife to guess who he is... Sponge Bob NoPants... or something like that...

I JUST saw that BK one...that dude so reminds me of my husband. I spend half our marriage rolling my eyes at him while secretly amused! :teehee:

Hey, where on the OR coast are you?? We've gone there every summer for 15 years...

brendajos
03-29-2007, 12:38 AM
ugh I find Hardees to be revolting...except for their shakes, which i haven't had in YEARS... my mother always tries to suggest that we eat there, knowing the reaction she is going to get.... yeah it is still funny to her yeeeeeeeeears later.

ads that fully creep me out are the burger king head commercials. Guy opens his blinds and there's the head smiling at him. wakes up...there's the head....just freakin' freaky!

zip
03-29-2007, 12:44 AM
ugh I find Hardees to be revolting...except for their shakes, which i haven't had in YEARS... my mother always tries to suggest that we eat there, knowing the reaction she is going to get.... yeah it is still funny to her yeeeeeeeeears later.

ads that fully creep me out are the burger king head commercials. Guy opens his blinds and there's the head smiling at him. wakes up...there's the head....just freakin' freaky!

I love the Burger King! :rofl: I've never heard of another soul who likes him but me. His commercials always make me laugh - I think it's that constant expression, no matter the circumstances, combined with his warmth and energy...

Yes, I'm serious. :shock:

I have three The King bobbleheads that I collected during the NFL playoffs. Nobody understands me. :oops:

hunterjenn
03-29-2007, 01:11 AM

I love the Burger King! :rofl: I've never heard of another soul who likes him but me. His commercials always make me laugh - I think it's that constant expression, no matter the circumstances, combined with his warmth and energy...

Yes, I'm serious. :shock:

I have three The King bobbleheads that I collected during the NFL playoffs. Nobody understands me. :oops:

You and my husband, Zip!! :oo: I think he's creepy too, but DH LOVES those commercials!

orcoastknitter
03-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Hey, where on the OR coast are you?? We've gone there every summer for 15 years...

I am in Flornece, Jenn. Huge area for ATVers.

CarmenIbanez
03-29-2007, 11:35 AM

Carl Karcher was the founder and considered the business his "baby", hence the Carl's Jr.

hunterjenn
03-29-2007, 12:15 PM

I am in Flornece, Jenn. Huge area for ATVers.

Cool! We're Cannon Beach freaks. Mostly for the Dooger's chowder. :teehee:

Stiney
03-29-2007, 12:35 PM

I don't think they have Carl's Jr or Hardee's in the Northeast. I've only seen Hardee's in the South.

Kaydee
03-29-2007, 04:08 PM
I don't think they have Carl's Jr or Hardee's in the Northeast. I've only seen Hardee's in the South.
I've never seen either anywhere around here.

Does anyone out there have Sonic? I always see commercials for their milkshakes (which are kind of funny) but I've never seen a Sonic...I'm not sure I believe it really exists.

Abbily
03-29-2007, 04:21 PM
LOL Katie, Yes, Sonic does exist. :) They're all over the place here in Texas.

feministmama
03-29-2007, 05:56 PM
I have two favorites...

I love the staples commerical where they're playing that x-mas song "it's the ...most....wonderful...tiiiiiiiiiiime of the year" and there is this dad with is cart jumping up and down and rising on the cart throwing in pencils and notes books and the kids are standing off to the side with their arms crossed and scowling. I :heart: that one. I crack up every time I see it

feministmama
03-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Here's a funny one with Bill Clinton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgpFoyBPvRM

madametj
03-29-2007, 06:09 PM

And I love all the dropped call ones. "Baby? It's Earl, isn't it?"

i love ALL of those, lool :rofl:

carmabelle1191
03-29-2007, 06:19 PM
I love the staples commerical where they're playing that x-mas song "it's the ...most....wonderful...tiiiiiiiiiiime of the year" and there is this dad with is cart jumping up and down and rising on the cart throwing in pencils and notes books and the kids are standing off to the side with their arms crossed and scowling. I :heart: that one. I crack up every time I see it
I love the Staples commercial where the printer runs out of ink and the guy goes "Just shake it" and he shakes the printer, not the cartrige of ink and everyone just stares at him like he's nuts. Then the secretary presses the easy button and everything's ok. :teehee:

Stiney
03-29-2007, 06:22 PM

Does anyone out there have Sonic? I always see commercials for their milkshakes (which are kind of funny) but I've never seen a Sonic...I'm not sure I believe it really exists.

I've only seen Sonics in the South. Like you, I was annoyed by all the commercials. I went to their website, and there is ONE Sonic location in a 300 mile radius (I'm 20 minutes out from NYC). It's out in Bumble :!!!: PA. :teehee:

dink
03-29-2007, 06:30 PM

There were Sonic's in Modesto, CA where I used to live. In fact, they were quite popular in the area, I know of at least 5 or 6 there. I think I only know of 1 in Orange County which is where I'm at now. I kind of miss it. :(

orcoastknitter
03-29-2007, 06:33 PM
I also like the Blockbuster commericals with the rabbitt and guinea pig. I mainly saw them on our Los Angeles station via satellite.

SabrinaJL
03-29-2007, 08:43 PM
I always see commercials for their milkshakes (which are kind of funny) but I've never seen a Sonic...I'm not sure I believe it really exists.

:roflhard: As I'm reading this thread I have a Sonic cup right in front of me. I'm in the Southwest though. They have the BEST drinks. You can get all kinds of flavoring added to them and my favorite is cherry chocolate Dr. Pepper. And the commercials do make me laugh too.

I have to agree with all the ones CamenIbanez posted and the Sprint crime deterrent one. Also, the very first Budweiser commercial with the Clydesdale's playing football had me laughing hysterically. ("Nah, they usually go for two.")

zip
03-29-2007, 10:37 PM
I have to agree with all the ones CamenIbanez posted and the Sprint crime deterrent one. Also, the very first Budweiser commercial with the Clydesdale's playing football had me laughing hysterically. ("Nah, they usually go for two.")

I love the Clydesdale commercials! Even the one with the donkey.

No matter how many times I see it, I always laugh at the Nextel Dance Party (http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2651133) ad.

DreamWeaver
03-29-2007, 11:34 PM
I love the Gaico(sp?) commercials with the cavemen :roflhard: There's also that one with the lady pouring the meat on her friends salad with the cheerleaders in the backroud. I completely loose it when she she shouts "WHOOOOO!" to her friend :roflhard:

madametj
03-30-2007, 12:58 AM
u probably havent seen this one yet but u HAVE to, it soo funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHF_idQzX3Q very sarcastic, but still funny.

feministmama
03-30-2007, 01:37 AM
u probably havent seen this one yet but u HAVE to, it soo funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHF_idQzX3Q very sarcastic, but still funny.

I don't get it :??

hunterjenn
03-30-2007, 01:43 AM
Me either. Is the dude some character who's always running around shirtless? See, if it were Matthew McConaughey, I'd get it! :teehee:

zip
03-30-2007, 01:53 AM
I don't get it either. :?

nadja la claire
03-30-2007, 12:46 PM

I really like the 1st couple of them, but the recent ones have been a little annoying. Bring back the Gecko. I like the Mac/PC commercials.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Stiney
03-30-2007, 01:05 PM
I love the Mac/PC commercials! :cheering: I go and watch them on the Apple website when I need a giggle. :teehee: Plus, the Mac guy is really cute.

...now if only I'd known who he was when Ed was the air so I could have stalked him. (Ed was filmed in my town. I live right around the corner from where "Stuckey Bowl" used to be.)

jeanius80
04-04-2007, 09:30 PM

lol same here! never seen one until i went to see family in california. i like one where her dh says he wants to be a soda jerk... :rofl:

eta- the nextel commercial is my dh's fav we love that one :heart: he is a driver.... and his office is always calling him to find out where he is .they so need that :rofl:

BinkyKat
04-04-2007, 09:43 PM
:teehee: I like that Go Meat commercial with the Wooo lady!
I just saw one for a camera company that said "your father is not a horse's behind" advertising how their camera is sure to focus on the important part of the picture, the subject's face not the backend of the horse in the background...in the beginning you see this horse butt in different scenes like with mom at the kid's conferences, at a party..etc..
:roflhard:
unfortunately, most creative advertising is wasted on my husband when i have to explain the punchline... :doh: