PDA

View Full Version : Looking For: Charity Yarn

madametj
03-29-2007, 01:23 AM
I'm making some baby sets for my mom's hospital, but i really dont have the yarn to do much. That being said, I'm asking that if you have any have any yarn that you don't want, or just know that you won't use, if you would please send it to me to be used for charity projects. This is a great destash oppurtunity! I'm not asking for anything expensive. Homespun, Red Heart, Fun Fur...anything will do. Once again, I'm just asking for any yarn that you don't want. If you don't have time to do any charity knitting, you can contribute this way as well.

Thank you in advance :hug:

ETA: partial skiens are just fine! ;)

JudyD
03-29-2007, 06:59 AM
Sent you a PM.

JudyD

SandraEllen
03-29-2007, 11:16 AM
I have a bunch. I'll have to dig through what I have, but I'm positive I have stuff to send you.

PM me your info and I'll send it out!

madametj
03-29-2007, 05:41 PM
:hug: Thank you both very much :heart: . I've replied to both of your PMs.

Rennagayle
03-30-2007, 01:49 PM
I destashed my yarn of that nature by recently sending it to a struggling college student who's learning to knit, or I'd have a bunch to send you. I do think your cause is a good one. If I run across anymore yarn that I overlooked to fit the cause, I'll pm you.

madametj
03-30-2007, 02:13 PM
I destashed my yarn of that nature by recently sending it to a struggling college student who's learning to knit, or I'd have a bunch to send you. I do think your cause is a good one. If I run across anymore yarn that I overlooked to fit the cause, I'll pm you.

Ok, thanx ;)

madametj
04-02-2007, 07:03 PM
bump

madametj
04-02-2007, 11:16 PM
bump

SandraEllen
04-03-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm a slacker and still haven't gathered the yarn to send to you.

Don't worry. It'll come. :teehee:

madametj
04-03-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm a slacker and still haven't gathered the yarn to send to you.

Don't worry. It'll come. :teehee:

Thats ok Sandra, I believe you ;). Take your time :teehee:

CarmenIbanez
04-03-2007, 05:22 PM
I have another bag for you if you want. I did send you some awhile ago, yes? I have another bag.

madametj
04-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I have another bag for you if you want. I did send you some awhile ago, yes? I have another bag.

Yes, you did! and i'm still using it, though i think i will be finished with it soon. i'll try to remember to get some pics of the FOs before i send them off.

I'll also PM u with my address in case u don't have it anymore

CindyH
04-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Are you looking for only full skeins? I have several half-skeins and odds & ends that I can donate..would be great for multicolor knits, for sure. If these are ok, PM me your mailing address and I'll send them along to you. :D

Eloewien
04-08-2007, 12:59 PM
I've got two monster bags of yarn... nearly all acrylic... but it's yours if you want it. I would just have to wait until payday (friday) to ship anything!

madametj
04-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Are you looking for only full skeins? I have several half-skeins and odds & ends that I can donate..would be great for multicolor knits, for sure. If these are ok, PM me your mailing address and I'll send them along to you. :D

odds and ends are just fine with me. it doesn't take more than a few yards to make a pair of preemie socks :teehee:

madametj
04-08-2007, 01:09 PM
I've got two monster bags of yarn... nearly all acrylic... but it's yours if you want it. I would just have to wait until payday (friday) to ship anything!

I don't mind waiting at all. I'll PM you.

losnana
04-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Do you have any use for partial skeins of novelty yarns?

madametj
04-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Do you have any use for partial skeins of novelty yarns?

Sure, I can use them in the baby hats, or depending or much, maybe even chemo cap.

losnana
04-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Great! If you pm me your address I'll mail them to you this week

madametj
04-24-2007, 01:08 AM
:muah: Thank you :hug: all so very much! I've received more yarn from all of you than I have in my entire stash, and enough for me to provide things for others for a long time.

I'm having trouble loading the pics, but I'll try and get them here soon.

Oh, and I'm going to start making blankets for and organization called NAPS (National Association of the Prevention of Starvation) here's the letter they sent me:

Hello Joy,
we would be filled with joy if you would use your talent to bless NAPS and the children in Africa, Brazil and Guyana. I must commend you for your loving heart to reach out in this way. Yes, we would be glad to have the blankets and other crochet things you can make. If you can get some to us before we go to Zimbabwe on May 16th that would be awesome. We are seeking to get some gifts for the children in Zimbabwe and these blankets would be a great gift and stamped by your personal touch. Thank you and may God fill your day with lots of joy :)

Don't take this as me being ungrateful, but I'm going to need lots and lots of yarn for this, and if anyone else out there is still willing to contribute, I'd be more than grateful.

Thank you all and God Bless You,

Joy

SandraEllen
04-24-2007, 07:23 AM
i finally sent you my box of goodies last night! I'm glad you found a charity that will really appreciate what you make!

momwolf
04-24-2007, 08:58 AM
I have some yarn for you if you give me your address :teehee:

madametj
04-24-2007, 06:13 PM
I have some yarn for you if you give me your address :teehee:

I've sent you a PM ;)

Sooze
04-24-2007, 09:11 PM
If I sent you some yarn, could you knit me some chemo caps?
(would send extra yarn as 'payment')
I know you are probably really busy already, but happen to think, it never hurts to ask...the chemo is causing my arthritis to act up, :grrr: and I cannot knit at present (or for some time) :oops:

I have some fingerling that might be really soft for my (very) sensitive scalp~ :doh: and almost anything you'd like in acryclic, and some cotton, for caps for me~~~~ :teehee:

let me know what you think (PM me?) :shrug:

madametj
04-24-2007, 09:42 PM
If I sent you some yarn, could you knit me some chemo caps?
(would send extra yarn as 'payment')
I know you are probably really busy already, but happen to think, it never hurts to ask...the chemo is causing my arthritis to act up, :grrr: and I cannot knit at present (or for some time) :oops:

I have some fingerling that might be really soft for my (very) sensitive scalp~ :doh: and almost anything you'd like in acryclic, and some cotton, for caps for me~~~~ :teehee:

let me know what you think (PM me?) :shrug:

I'd be happy to knit for you Sooze. I've PM'd you some questions also. :)

momwolf
04-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Yarn is on it's way.Happy Knitting :hug:

Arielluria
04-25-2007, 06:13 PM
I have some Red Heart you can have. Please PM me your mailing address.

madametj
04-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Yarn is on it's way.Happy Knitting :hug:

:muah: You guys are so awesome! thank you fromt he bottom of my heart. :hug:

madametj
04-30-2007, 07:46 PM
i finally sent you my box of goodies last night! I'm glad you found a charity that will really appreciate what you make!

I'm glad you finally got a chance to send it! :cheering: I can totally relate--my secret yarnee's package was sitting on the floor of my bedroom for weeks before i sent it! :doh:

madametj
05-02-2007, 06:22 PM
I just want you all to know that the charity knitting is going on strong. My mom is going to bring the baby sets to work with her when she goes on her next shift, and she's been helping me crochet the blankets in her spare time.

I also want to thank you guys for motivating me participate in these various charities. If theres anything I've learned, its that blankets eat up yarn fast! But you guys send the yarn faster. :teehee:

A Million Thanks :hug: XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Joy

jamadian75
05-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Hello, Joy

What an AWESOME thing you're doing...you will reap great rewards from this kind of selfishness.

I'd love to contribute some yarn for this, please PM me if you still need more and I'll have it out to you as quick as I can. I have a knitting friend that may also want to do this, so please let me know if it's alright to share your info with her as well.

:hug:

madametj
05-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Hello, Joy

What an AWESOME thing you're doing...you will reap great rewards from this kind of selfishness.

I'd love to contribute some yarn for this, please PM me if you still need more and I'll have it out to you as quick as I can. I have a knitting friend that may also want to do this, so please let me know if it's alright to share your info with her as well.

:hug:

Thank you jamadian! I've PM'd you and please feel free to pass on the info to your friend if she's interested.

madametj
05-06-2007, 02:38 PM
The nurses loved the baby sets! :happydance: :woot: :woohoo:

hydeemarie
05-06-2007, 04:33 PM
The nurses loved the baby sets! :happydance: :woot: :woohoo:
How many sets did you make for the babies? I am attempting to make socks and blankets for my mom's hospital... you can read my post about it in this part of the forum!

madametj
05-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Oh gosh I don't know--I think it was somewhere around 4. I've stopped for now to make blankets for another charity, but once that deadline has passed I'll go back to baby sets again.

Sanibelle
05-07-2007, 08:42 AM
I have some yarn that I want to send you. Please PM me with your address. I think what you are doing is great! You go!!!!

Lynn

Arielluria
05-07-2007, 10:20 AM
I haven't had a chance to put my box in the mail but it's ready to go and I have to go to the post office this week anyway. My mom's visiting and I didn't get a chance to go.

madametj
05-07-2007, 08:02 PM
I have some yarn that I want to send you. Please PM me with your address. I think what you are doing is great! You go!!!!

Lynn

Thank you so much Lynn :heart: , I've PM'd you ;)

madametj
05-07-2007, 08:02 PM
I haven't had a chance to put my box in the mail but it's ready to go and I have to go to the post office this week anyway. My mom's visiting and I didn't get a chance to go.

Oh that's OK, take your time. :thumbsup:

madametj
05-07-2007, 10:25 PM
i'm going to attempt to post some pictures of the yarn now.

oh yikes, they're a little fuzzy, i'm sorry. :oops:

kellycarr05
05-08-2007, 03:13 PM
If you ever find you have too much donated and would like to get rid of some I would love to take it off your hands. I love to knit for the Linus Project and keep America warm....but am out of a job and my stash is like 5 things of yarn (which will be a blanket soon since I just learned how to cable :cheering: )
Anyways you should also post pics of finished stuff.
I just finshed my first fun fur scarf will be posting pic soon.
By the way not sure if there is one by you Hancock Fabricks gets rid of certain yarns sometimes I got 6 skeins of funfur $1 a peice :cheering:

madametj
05-08-2007, 05:27 PM
If you ever find you have too much donated and would like to get rid of some I would love to take it off your hands. I love to knit for the Linus Project and keep America warm....but am out of a job and my stash is like 5 things of yarn (which will be a blanket soon since I just learned how to cable :cheering: )
Anyways you should also post pics of finished stuff.
I just finshed my first fun fur scarf will be posting pic soon.
By the way not sure if there is one by you Hancock Fabricks gets rid of certain yarns sometimes I got 6 skeins of funfur $1 a peice :cheering:

I don't see it getting to that point any time soon, but if it all gets too out of hand sometime, i'll know who to call!

madametj
05-12-2007, 11:50 PM
ok, this charity isn't knitting related, but I feel that I should still share it.

http://yourbiblesaves.com/ is collecting unused Bibles to send to southern Africa. Their goal is to reach 4 million Bibles by December 31, 2007.

They are also accepting monetary donations to buy new Bibles. Every two dollars buys one new Bibles, so if you give $10, that will buy 5 Bibles. Each of those Bibles will probably be shared with about 20 people, so your $10 would reach 100 people!

In Africa, Christians will go four days without food so that they can afford a Bible. What would you sacrifice?

Take a look at their video appeal: http://yourbiblesaves.com/ (click "video appeal") I promise you it's so touching.

Arielluria
05-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Thanks for that link!!!!!!! Pretty awesome! :thumbsup:
It's amazing what we take for granted living in such a rich and blessed country! ;)

madametj
05-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Me and my mom are still crocheting blankets. We didn't finish any in time to make the deadline, but we're going to catch them in time for their next trip, and we've also collectes some extra blankets to give them as well.

We've also gathered up all the extra Bibles in our homes to send to Remnant publications (yourbiblesaves.com) to send to southern Africa, and I hope you will too!:hug:

Good Bless:heart:

-Joy

Carla1019
05-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Joy, Do you still need some yarn?

As soon as I get off here I will PM you with what I have. Just to make sure it is what you are looking for.

I know I have a lot of baby yarn.

madametj
05-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Joy, Do you still need some yarn?

As soon as I get off here I will PM you with what I have. Just to make sure it is what you are looking for.

I know I have a lot of baby yarn.

Sure, I'll PM you. ;)

oh, and I replied to your PM Chel :thumbsup:

madametj
05-31-2007, 06:54 PM
got ur PM Carla, thanx :muah: