View Full Version : Interweave Ribs and Lace Tank

03-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Has anyone made this yet???

03-29-2007, 12:18 PM
I haven't... But I would like to.. First I have to find where I can buy the magazine though. It's a really pretty tank, I like it!

03-29-2007, 12:21 PM
That is going to be my next project....was wondering if there were ANY errors before I start lol, I'm going to pick up my yarn in a FEW minutes lol

03-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Nice! Be sure to post a picture when you're done.. I would like to see it... This is definitely one I'm thinking of making, I just need time and the magazine.. lol...stupid school, interfering with my knitting.. :wall:

03-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Do you have a link so we can see it.. I am making my 1st tank top from a patttern in Creative Knitting.
Now I wanna see yours~! :roflhard:

03-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Her is a link from the interweave site....http://www.interweave.com/knit/interweave_knits/Galleries/bonus/spring_2007/ribslace.asp
and I just got back from the yarn store...I got this for it...
Excuse the blurriness of the photo...it was taken with my camera phone. It's Rowan All Seasons Cotton. VERY pretty! YAY! Now off to find my gauge! :happydance:

03-29-2007, 05:00 PM
I am planning to make it very soon. Keep us updated on your progress. :)

03-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks and I sure will!

03-30-2007, 01:55 AM
I saw it and it's very CUTE~ Me likey~! :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

04-06-2007, 09:05 PM
So I finally found a copy of Interweave Knits... I was looking at the pattern, and now I'm wondering if I will be able to make it. I'm a new knitter, so I'm just wondering if this is something I would be able to start soonish, or if I should wait awhile longer... Really, I know I should probably wait, because I have a sweater I want to make, and I'm still working on a scarf, and restarting a baby blanket.. But I like this top!

04-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Where did you find interweave ?? I think I want to buy a subscription to THEM TOO~!! NOw I will have 3 Knitting mags and 1 crochet~!!!

I will working with yarn so much I won't have time to sleep~! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

04-07-2007, 12:23 AM
I finally found it in a Chapters... I only saw the one copy of it, and I almost missed it it was staring me straight in the face lol..

Yeah, I'm alredy finding (and I just started knitting in January) that I have a whole collection of yarn... and I want to get more, and knit more... but school kinda keeps me from knitting...

04-07-2007, 01:03 AM
verry secks-say!!!!

I don't like how the ribbing makes a bullseye right ON the boob though...

It would be cute as a shorter top, too, without the feather and fan at the bottom.

04-07-2007, 01:09 AM
She (http://blog.designedlykristi.com/) made one shorter and her bullseyes don't look so bullseye-ish...I'm hopeful that mine will be okay...but Theresa from LTK (http://littleturtleknits.com/) came up with a different ribbing that would take the bullseye off the boobs so I might try that if it looks funky...I need to bite the bullet and order the yarn. LOL

04-07-2007, 01:25 AM
I recently picked up a copy of Interweave at Wal-Mart, however, it wasn't with the knitting paraphernalia...lol...It was with the sewing stuff!

05-23-2007, 10:05 PM
Just curious as to how this is coming along... I finally got some yarn and I'm slowly working on swatches (working 60 hours a week doesn't lend tons of knitting time) so hopefully I can start it soon!

05-23-2007, 11:17 PM
I am not sure if anyone else noticed this, but there seems to be a difference in the ribbing around the chest area, creating a sorts of bullseye look on a very unfortunate part of the chest/bust area. I would want to alter that if I was making this. Other than that, I like it a lot.

Edit: I didn't read the second page before replying where other people discussed the bullseye phenomenom.