PDA

View Full Version : I Met A KHer Today!!!!!!!!!

Arielluria
03-30-2007, 04:38 PM
I met JJMinarcik today! She and her husband were so sweet! KH is awesome, I've already made a friend! ;) We'll surely be getting together to knit a lot!

Braden
03-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Congratulations! I wish I could meet a fellow member.

Arielluria
03-30-2007, 04:54 PM
I have seen a few guy knitters here on this forum. Is it hard for a guy to admit it? I've always been afraid to ask. I've never seen a guy knitting except on TV, so I wonder if there are more of them out there than expected.

Braden
03-30-2007, 05:45 PM
It's not hard for me to admit it, because I'm not ashamed to do what I like, no matter what people think about it.

Jeremy
03-30-2007, 05:56 PM
I don't feel ashamed at all. I knit on planes, airports, when I'm on a train,when I'm visiting other people etc. I was visiting my mother in law at an assisted living place and one of the older residents told me I would make a "good doughboy" :teehee:

JoeE
03-30-2007, 07:14 PM
It's not hard for me to admit it, but I'm a confirmed middle-aged curmudgeon, so I tend to take a certain amount of pride in subverting the dominant paradigm.

Joe

redwitch
03-30-2007, 07:59 PM
I was doing socks on 2 circs a few weeks ago before a class... one guy walks in and says 'ooh, knitting in the round!' He knits and has shown me things a couple of times, if he takes them with him to the uni then presumably he KIPs. And I get comments as a female knitter! One woman sat next to me on the bus - I think just because I was knitting - and said 'you must be the last of a dying breed'. Even braver of you boys to do so!

Knitting_Guy
03-30-2007, 08:04 PM
I have seen a few guy knitters here on this forum. Is it hard for a guy to admit it? I've always been afraid to ask. I've never seen a guy knitting except on TV, so I wonder if there are more of them out there than expected.

I'm a big, burly truck driver and I am not the least bit afraid to sit in a truckstop and knit while waiting for my food order.

But yeah, there are some less confident guys out there who knit but are afraid to admit it.

Knitting_Guy
03-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Oops, I think this thread got a bit off course. Back to the topic, I think it would be great to meet some other folks from KH. Very cool.

jjminarcik
03-31-2007, 03:27 PM
Lu it was awesome to meet you! I'm so excited that I'll be moving down your way and we can sit and knit the days away! :yay: :yay: :yay:

rebecca
04-01-2007, 10:13 AM
That is so cool! I would LOVE to meet a KHer! :cheering: :cheering:

feministmama
04-01-2007, 03:00 PM
There are soooooo many knitting stores in Portland and sooooooo many knitters here you'd think there would be a bunch of us on KH and IRL but I don't know any KH IRL in Portland. Where *are* you PDX knitters???? :??

carmabelle1191
04-01-2007, 03:23 PM
There are soooooo many knitting stores in Portland and sooooooo many knitters here you'd think there would be a bunch of us on KH and IRL but I don't know any KH IRL in Portland. Where *are* you PDX knitters???? :?? I feel the same way! I live in New Jersey, and there seem to be no KHers here! Where did they all go? You're so lucky you got to meet a fellow KHer today Arielluria. I can only wait until the moving trucks arrive! :verysad:

humblestumble
04-01-2007, 11:48 PM
That's awesome! I don't believe there's anyone close enough to me here on KH to meet :shrug: but I have made friends online :D

Jeremy
04-02-2007, 10:12 AM
There are soooooo many knitting stores in Portland and sooooooo many knitters here you'd think there would be a bunch of us on KH and IRL but I don't know any KH IRL in Portland. Where *are* you PDX knitters???? :?? I feel the same way! I live in New Jersey, and there seem to be no KHers here! Where did they all go? You're so lucky you got to meet a fellow KHer today Arielluria. I can only wait until the moving trucks arrive! :verysad:

Stine (cawtheraven) lives, at least for now, in NJ.

Arielluria
04-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Lu it was awesome to meet you! I'm so excited that I'll be moving down your way and we can sit and knit the days away! :yay: :yay: :yay:Hey girlfriend! I was wondering if you'd see this post ;). Wasn't that coffee place nice? And in daytime it will be practically all ours to knit in!

Did you get my emails? :help: I feel so stupid.............then I feel stupid for feeling stupid! :hair:

Welcome to my world! :woot:

kemp
04-02-2007, 11:02 AM
You can always check the Knitters Knear You forum and make a new post for your location :)

brownishcoat
04-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Where did you guys meet? :pout:

Arielluria
04-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally at the "Knitters near you" forum as Kemp just recommended ;), and we met at a coffee shop nearby. It's a nice change from Starbucks :eyebrow:

JJ said she was moving near me and we decided to meet. I met her husband too, they were both soooooooo nice, they make an adorable couple.

Stiney
04-02-2007, 11:41 AM

Stine (cawtheraven) lives, at least for now, in NJ.

:waving:

I'm in Bergen County. So far north and east that I'm almost in Rockland County, NY. :teehee:

Arielluria
04-12-2007, 11:01 AM
That is so cool! I would LOVE to meet a KHer! :cheering: :cheering:Post it on the forum under "Knitters Near You", that's how JJ & I virtually met, then physically! Can't wait for a REAL knitting session at It's A Grind when she moves down here!

Abbily
04-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Aw, man, I'm jealous! :) I'm only 3 hours away from ya'll! :P