PDA

View Full Version : OT: Going Back To Work Monday

Knitting_Guy
03-30-2007, 05:12 PM
The witch doctor, errr I mean chiropractor, released me to return to work on Monday. I'm just not allowed to tarp any loads or lift more than 50lbs for at least the next two weeks. He'll decide then if he's going to make that permanent or not.

I'll finally be able to get out of this hotel and get back on the road where I belong. Maybe if I can get back into my normal routine I can get some knitting done. I've really missed the knitting but just found it impossible between sitting in this room and the drugs.

letah75
03-30-2007, 05:24 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Yeah Mason!!! Woo Hoo!!!
I'm sure it'll be a relief to be out on the road, and not stuck in a hotel room. I'm so happy for you!

REVS
03-30-2007, 05:31 PM
:cheering: :woot: :cheering:

Great news, Mason!!! I'm so happy for you, no more prison hotel!

Glad you get to go out on the road again. You'll be knitting again in no time, too. Just don't overdo work in the beginning.
(I know I sound like my own mother, but I guess she's right sometimes... :teehee:)

Anyways, enjoy the freedom!

GennyLynn1962
03-30-2007, 05:58 PM
:cheering: :happydance: :happydance: :cheering:

Great news Mason!

Jeremy
03-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Good Luck Mason. Happy trails!

Jan in CA
03-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Oh good! I hope it all works out and you can start knitting again!

Knitting_Guy
03-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks folks, I'm pretty pleased about it.

I don't know why I haven't been able to get motivated to knit while holed up here. I could have easily completed a pair of socks by now, but between the back pain and the drugs I just wasn't in to it.

I was about ready to strangle the housekeeper this morning. My yarn and Options have been lying on the floor next to the recliner since I frogged the sock. While vacuuming this morning she actually vacuumed up my Options!

I heard that unmistakable sound of something solid caught in the vacuum and whipped around in my chair. She shut it off and pulled my Options out of the vacuum cleaner. I thought I would explode.

Luckily they're pretty tough and there was no damage done. Whew! I guess it's my fault for leaving them lying there.

Jan in CA
03-30-2007, 06:36 PM
I was about ready to strangle the housekeeper this morning. My yarn and Options have been lying on the floor next to the recliner since I frogged the sock. While vacuuming this morning she actually vacuumed up my Options!

:passedout: I guess you shouldn't leave them on the floor, but still she should look where she's vacuuming!!! Glad they are okay!

dink
03-30-2007, 06:38 PM
What great news, especially on a Friday! :happydance:

Knitting_Guy
03-30-2007, 07:12 PM

:passedout: I guess you shouldn't leave them on the floor, but still she should look where she's vacuuming!!! Glad they are okay!

Yeah, totally my fault.

But still... :grrr:

Stiney
03-30-2007, 07:28 PM
NOT YOUR OPTIONS! :thud:

Glad to hear your on the road again! Well, on Monday.

I must admit, it's hard to be sympathetic for someone complaining that they are bored with not working when I read your posts at work. :teehee: Then again, I wouldn't wish your back pain on anyone. (Well, okay, there are a couple of people I would wish it on. :shifty:)

auburnchick
03-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Glad to hear the good news, Mason.

It certainly puts into perspective my dread of going back because Spring Break is over. You can easily lose sight of the fact that there are plenty of people who would love to have a job to go back to.

Take it easy, though. Slowly work yourself back into a routine.

Knitting_Guy
03-30-2007, 08:42 PM
It's the "'grass is always greener" thing. Someone working the normal grind feels like it would be great to take a couple of weeks off, while the person unable to work thinks it would be great to be doing that normal grind.

I much prefer doing something productive and until a Mattress Tester job comes open I'll have to stick to what I have.

Stiney
03-30-2007, 08:48 PM
I much prefer doing something productive and until a Mattress Tester job comes open I'll have to stick to what I have.

Is that a real job??? Where can I sign up???

:rofl:

They always say to play to your strengths--mine is sleeping.

MoniDew
03-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Mason, I'm so glad to hear that you are doing better! Take it easy for the first week or two, and ease your way back to your normal activities.

PS, glad you were able to salvage your options.
________
MEXICO CITY HOTEL (http://mexicocityhotel.info)

Knitting_Guy
03-30-2007, 09:43 PM

Is that a real job??? Where can I sign up???

:rofl:

They always say to play to your strengths--mine is sleeping.

I don't know but I've spent most of my life searching for a position as either a Mattress Tester or Professional Beach Bum. It seems openings are very limited in both of them. I must have chosen the wrong major in college. :rofl:

Eloewien
03-30-2007, 10:41 PM
I always enjoy reading your posts by the way :) Glad to hear you'll have some freedom. I'm almost jealous-- spring is exploding and I wanna see more of it!! I know it's gorgeous up here in Virginia. Enjoy the green and pretty trees while you drive for me!

Knitting_Guy
03-30-2007, 10:52 PM
I always enjoy reading your posts by the way :) Glad to hear you'll have some freedom. I'm almost jealous-- spring is exploding and I wanna see more of it!! I know it's gorgeous up here in Virginia. Enjoy the green and pretty trees while you drive for me!

Thanks Eloewien. What part of SW VA are you from? My family is all from the Clintwood, Grundy, and Richlands area. (my last name is Mullins) I lived in Martinsville for about 7 years.

I do enjoy the freedom my occupation provides.

aineepooh1
03-31-2007, 01:49 AM
~ WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU WENT BACK TO WORK YA LAZY BUM~!! :tap: :tap:

Just kiddin' ... I AM glad you are feeling better and the back pain is decreasing~ unless you have ever had true back pain you just don't appreciate how all the muscles in your body are all tied to gether to your back.. You can't seem to move any body part w/o m making something else hurt~

Glad you're feeling better :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :balloons:

Ronda
03-31-2007, 08:36 AM
I'm happy for you, Mason! That's good news! :cheering: :happydance:

zkimom
03-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Mason,

I'm so happy to hear you are doing better.

Ironically, right now I'm at my mom's and she's laid up with severe pain from Spinal Stenosis. She's doing what you were doing -- vicodin and some sort of muscle relaxer plus she's just had some kind of epidural shot in her spine which hasn't really helped her back at all but has made her hands less sore so now she feels like knitting again (yay!)

Anyway, glad to hear that you will be back on the open road again with the wind at your back and in your (very short) hair.

:teehee: :cheering:

Best,
Susan

jjminarcik
03-31-2007, 03:10 PM
That's awesome! :cheering: :cheering:

Be careful and knit away!

aineepooh1
03-31-2007, 03:35 PM
YOU changed your avatar again Mason~

You sneaky :twisted:

Knitting_Guy
03-31-2007, 03:50 PM
YOU changed your avatar again Mason~

You sneaky :twisted:

Yeah I did. I shaved off my beard today.

Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to getting back to work.

Stiney
03-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Looks good! You look much younger. :thumbsup:

zkimom
03-31-2007, 04:43 PM
Yeah I did. I shaved off my beard today.

Mason,

You did it!

I read your blog one day and you mentioned shaving but seriously, I just thought it was the drugs talking :zombie: You know, like "hey, man I'm too seriously looped to knit a pair of socks but, you know, like, I think I'll take a very sharp instrument to my face" :zombie:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Really, you look mahvelous dahling.

Best,
Susan

nadja la claire
03-31-2007, 04:47 PM
:happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Love the hat, Mason.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Knitting_Guy
03-31-2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks folks. I decided the beard made me look too old.

The hat is my favorite Stetson.

rissa
03-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Mason,
I'm so glad to hear you can get back to work! I thought for a moment I would be joining you on the forums and would be out of work for a while. We had a shift bid at work (I work on the phones in customer service) and the shift they initially told me I got was the worst possible shift they could give to a mom of 2 that goes to church. It was Sunday thru Wednesday 11:30 am to 10pm. I was giving my 2 weeks notice and they told me they had a different shift for me Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 5pm....Needless to say, I'm a much happier person today than I was yesterday.

:!!!: They really should have been a bit more organized. Oh well, all is over and done with.

Have fun being back on the road my friend!