PDA

View Full Version : regal silk yarn by artyarns Q

jeanius80
03-31-2007, 06:38 PM
silk yarn here (http://www.fabulousyarn.com/fabyarnpage_artyarnssilk_Mexico.shtml)
i was thinking of making a cashmere baby blanket with a silk yarn seed stitch border, probably a 2-4" border on a 40X40 blanket. how many skiens would you recommend? i think 3....maybe 4? :shrug: TIA

p.s. anyone use this yarn before? have a nicer solution? btw-the mexico color isnt my first choice :teehee: the sky bluegrass or cloud...something boy/girl nuetral. :heart:

aineepooh1
03-31-2007, 07:21 PM
I have never used it before BUT since its silk is there going to be a problem with washing/drying it..
BTW: the colorways are WONDERFUL~! :inlove:

suzeeq
03-31-2007, 08:01 PM
If the yarn is hand wash only, it may never get used. No new mom has time or inclination to wash baby things by hand.

sue

jeanius80
03-31-2007, 08:06 PM
:teehee: the blanket will be for me...we are going to try for baby #2 when #1 is 2.5 :eyebrow: i wanted to knit up a lovely nuetral layette. i am a slow knitter, so i figured the sooner i start the better! :rofl: i dont mind handwashing a few things, just not everything :out:

SabrinaJL
03-31-2007, 09:55 PM
I have no idea but I would LOVE to make something out of that yarn. Sooooo pretty. I just can't bring myself to spend that much on yarn when I still don't feel my skills are quite up to it yet.