PDA

View Full Version : I'm weak, pathetic and throwing in the towel.

SabrinaJL
04-01-2007, 04:19 AM
I joined the destashing KAL. Since then I've only bought 8 skeins of yarn so I figured I was doing pretty good.

Well, I had to buy something for my yarn swap person. So I clicked on over to WEBS. I found some stuff for the yarn swap person and what do ya know? If you spend $60 there, you get a 20% discount. Sounded like a good deal to me. Then I had to throw in some of their closeout yarns. That sounded like a good deal too. I ended up spending $75.

I also had to head on over to KnitPicks because my dog chewed up my size 3 bamboo DPN's and I needed new ones. Well, obviously I had to order $45 worth of stuff as long as I was ordering from them. I've been on a felting kick and needed some WotA, and they had a couple things on clearance I thought I'd give a shot. And while I was there, somehow I figured if I spent $75 at WEBS, I should spend the same at KP. :thinking: See where the weak and pathetic part comes in?

Now I have 36 balls/hanks of yarn coming. But I suppose next week IS the first anniversary of my 29th birthday. I can now inform my husband that he's purchased me some gifts.

VickyS456
04-01-2007, 04:47 AM
(((HUGS))) Turning 29 for the 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th time is rough. My 4th 29th birthday is approaching faster and faster! I say you've earned your treat :teehee:

HamburgKnitter
04-01-2007, 05:40 AM
:teehee:

P.S. You're allowed to be weak once. Oh OK, twice.

GinnyG
04-01-2007, 06:29 AM
I'm headed for the 23rd Anniversary of my 29th Birthday, DOES THAT MEAN I CAN SPEND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS? :cheering: :roflhard: :cheering: :roflhard:

Angelia
04-01-2007, 07:23 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

aineepooh1
04-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Hello Ginny aka Yarn Sniffer :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I don't think your weak.. I think you stumbled upon temptation and you just couldn't stop yourself.. kinda like me and a box of rice krispy treats~!

BUT: if you WANT to be good. you could just divy out your yarn in accordance with stashie rules... meaning when you finish a project you can earn 2-3 skeins of your new yarn...

You can try to minimize the damage~ if you really want to :roflhard: :roflhard:

melissa.atkins
04-01-2007, 01:11 PM
:rofl: :roflhard:

Stiney
04-01-2007, 01:13 PM
To quote CarmenIbanez, if buying yarn is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Sounds like you did good things!

GinnyG
04-01-2007, 01:32 PM
To quote CarmenIbanez, if buying yarn is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Sounds like you did good things!

:cheering: WHOOPEE VALIDATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weebie
04-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Now I have 36 balls/hanks of yarn coming. But I suppose next week IS the first anniversary of my 29th birthday. I can now inform my husband that he's purchased me some gifts

See, this completely negates any destashing you were doing. You cannot be held accountable for any presents you helped your husband buy you!!

Everyone deserves a splurge now and then. Enjoy your new yarn!!!

SabrinaJL
04-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Weebie, I like the way you think. :roflhard:

I feel much better now. Thanks all. :D

Chel
04-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Turning 29 again? wow thats OLD!!!!

This year I turn 19 w/14 years expereince. I'm fetting pretty good at being 19 these days. *nods*

MaryS
04-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Tuesday is the 22nd anniversary of my 29th birthday, so today, as a birthday present to me, I:

Went to Ann Arbor with Dan and 8 or 9 of the women from my knitting group to see The Yarn Harlot. :cheering:

She had a weather delay, and arrived 2.5 hours late, so we went to the LYS.

They had MMMMMmmmmmmm at a special price because of Stephanie's visit and I scored 8 skeins of Emerald Blue Malabrigo!!! (@7.95/skein!) :happydance: :happydance:

This is the first MMMMmm I've ever bought, and it's going to be a sweater for ME. :balloons: :present:

The Harlot arrived (thanks Brad!), gave a wonderful talk, Dan bought me the new book for my birthday, and Stephanie signed it. :happydance:

What a great day. :present:

Mary