PDA

View Full Version : World's easiest sock pattern?

Mommy22alyns
04-01-2007, 06:02 PM
What's the easiest, most basic sock pattern out there (for adult sizes)? I'm kind of intimidated by socks but want to try 'em anyway... I can find eight million patterns for different socks, but I need super simple instructions so I can learn the technique.

Thank you!

Jan in CA
04-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Many, many, MANY of us have learned from Silver's Sock Tutorial (http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Intro.htm).

Mommy22alyns
04-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Oooh, very nice! Thank you!

Brandilyne
04-02-2007, 12:59 PM
I have to chime in: I came across Silver's Sock Tutorial after seeing it mentioned here at KH several times and it was so easy to use!

Using her instructions, I was able to knit my first sock just five weeks after I picked up yarn and needles for the first time :) And I even thought turning the heel was fun! I highly recommend it.

Why didn't anyone warn me that knitting takes over your soul? It's like a crafty little vampire of goodness :wink:

GinnyG
04-02-2007, 02:56 PM
I just printed out the Silver sock tutorial. I've never donea sock before, am head on a trip in a few weeks and by GOLLY, I'm going to give it a try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE the step by step pictures and instructions.

WARNING: I printed the tutorial out from the web site THEN saw that there was a place to click for the space (ink) saving PDF file :shrug: Oh well, can't think of a better use of a cartridge of ink!!!!!!!!! I put the pages in plastic sleeves and now I have my own "sock book"

Rennagayle
04-04-2007, 09:57 PM
WARNING: I printed the tutorial out from the web site THEN saw that there was a place to click for the space (ink) saving PDF file

I think her the pdf was added more recently (well, more recent than when the tutorial was first put there). When I first used her tutorial, the pdf wasn't there yet.

psammeadred
04-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Why didn't anyone warn me that knitting takes over your soul? It's like a crafty little vampire of goodness :wink:

Best knitting quote EVER...welcome to the other world! :twisted: