PDA

View Full Version : Options Needles Peeling

trublnde
04-03-2007, 01:45 AM
I just pulled out my Size 8 options needles, and started to knit with them for the first time. While knitting, I noticed the tip was somewhat scratchy, however, when I looked at the tip nothing was wrong with it. Then as it became more and more annoying, I looked at the tip again (this was after about twenty rows of my guage swatch) and realized the tip was peeling. The shiny nickle plating was actually gone from the tip and it seemed to keep coming off when I kept knitting.

I have stopped knitting now, and sent an email to customer service, but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? :shrug: I am upset because I want to continue my swatching but I just can't handle the scratchy feeling that the peeled tip is making against the other needle. It is kinda like the feeling you get when you scrape a fork against your teeth. It gives me shivers!!!

Jan in CA
04-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Their customer service has been great so give them a call if you don't hear back soon. Sorry about the needles. :pout:

Emeraldcutie
04-03-2007, 04:43 AM
I had a cable come out of the needle on a classic circular, I emailed them Sat and I got an email back first thing Monday morning with an apology and a new needle in the mail. The needle was about 6 months old.

I have to say I was really impressed with the customer service and the fact that I didn't have to feel like I was begging to get it replaced.

Braden
04-03-2007, 08:41 AM
That's never happened with mine. It's probably a defect in that batch.

blueeyes28
04-03-2007, 08:57 AM
It happened to me with my size 8 too but it was at the join I called and they sent another pair right out to me .

mwedzi
04-03-2007, 10:17 AM
It happened to me with my size 8 too but it was at the join I called and they sent another pair right out to me .

me, too. actually, it seems common now to have some sort of problem with these needles. I've also had a cable come out of its hold, more than one, actually. hopefully in a couple of years they will be perfect. but this is their 1st year of production, so I guess it's to be expected.

Ellieblue
04-03-2007, 10:56 AM
I had one of my cables come apart at one end too. I just put a drop of superglue on it, put it back together and then pinched the needle tight. Works fine. I probably pulled too hard when I moved my right needle stitches. :oops:

trublnde
04-03-2007, 05:28 PM
I already got an email back from them and they apologized and sent me a new pair. I guess I was right to chose them for my purchase! :muah:

nadja la claire
04-03-2007, 05:54 PM

Me too, though mine was near the tip. This seems to be a problem with #8s in particular.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Knitting_Guy
04-03-2007, 06:17 PM
You're bound to have some problem or other with anything that's mass produced. How the company handles the problem is what sets them apart, and Knit Picks' customer service is top notch in my book.

Doublereeder2
04-06-2007, 12:49 PM
My Options have been holding up very well, but I did have some Addi Turbos that peeled.