PDA

View Full Version : I am happy-happy-happy!

Jill A.
04-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Today I found a new (to me) yarn store!
Last week I went to the store I thought was the nearest, and was treated like dirt. When I asked a question about felting yarns, the worker told me that she totally hated felting and didn't want to help me. When I asked someone else about some yarn varieties, she said "I don't know" to every question! They don't even have that much yarn since most of the store is ceramic figurines or needlepoint/cross stictch materials.
Sooooo - today I went the across the hill to the other valley and found a store which is actually only 15 miles away. The lady was way nice! She helped me pick out a really easy sweater pattern, showed me all the yarn that would work, went through the pattern line by line to make sure I understood it, and told me to come back anytime and she would help me with anything. What a huge difference!!!! :muah:

marykz
04-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Yay!!! I'm so glad you found a good place. what a difference!

brokenblossoms
04-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Yay! Congrats!

The people at my local craft store never know anything either!
"Where're the bamboo knitting needles?"
"HUH?"
"Do you have bamboo knitting needles?"
"Oh right...they're over here."
"But these are aluminum."
"What do you want?"
"Bamboo!"
"I don't think we have those."
(they ended up being on the very next aisle!)

Not to mention, if I go over to the fabric section, there'll be a person there usually looking at a magazine, and I'll be standing there for quite a while, clearing my throat, tapping my fingers, trying to get their attention, and they never look up. Finally I say "Um, ma'am?" and they practically turn into a rabid wolf for disturbing them!!!

This is why I order my yarn online.

aineepooh1
04-03-2007, 03:28 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
Glad you found a good LYS and had a good experience~!!!
i hope I will too someday * :shrug:

Braden
04-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Congratulations on finding a good yarn shop! I hate it when yarn shops are rude. One that I visited years ago told me I had to pay for an answer to a question!