PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE 1st post :: OT: When did you know you were pregnant?

Krystal
04-06-2007, 10:59 AM
::UPDATE::
So this morning, right on cue, I woke up with the "Ohhh crap!" feeling and rushed to the bathroom. Lucky I caught it in time, to just see one tiny dot of red in my undies. But sure enough, my period is on time and it is raging.

So it seems the past week could have been an unfortunate combination of horrible PMS and reactions from the ridiculous weather changes we have been having all week. (Seriously, 70F to 39F in ONE day!?) and they were just enough of a combination to make me really truly believe I was in that Delicate Condition.

I told FH this morning when he woke up. At first I didn't have any reaction to it. Not relief of sadness.. Just nothing. But when I told him I realized how much I had come to want this baby...He was surprised himself, and neither one of us is particularly relieved. More disappointed. But at least we don't have to completely change our lives around right now. And we know now exactly how we feel.

I have been wanting a baby since I can remember, and while he was "born married" and has always wanted that "provincial life" he was sketchy on the thought of a kid so soon. Now we know we both want one. So maybe next year after we are married and move to a bigger place (this place is barely big enough for one person) we will start trying. We definately want to move the baby plans up a bit now. Which I think is great.

Thank you all for being so wonderful! I couldn't really tell anyone else, without the entire city finding out. So I really appreciate all your advice and well wishes. You never fail to amaze me. This just proves over and over how amazing the women (and men) are on this board!

::Original Post::
Well there seems to be a chance that I am expecting... If I am it is REALLLY early, only a week or 2 in. I am supposed to be getting my period this weekend, it is like clockwork, so if I don't have any sign of that by Monday I am going to get a test. But so far all the earliest signs are there.

I want to know from experienced mommies tho how they knew (if they knew) before they took a test or missed a period. The lists of symptoms are great and all, but testimonials are more reassuring...

anyways, here goes the waiting game.

:shrug:

ctmax
04-06-2007, 11:02 AM
I never had any signs other than a missed period. After I found out I was pregnant usually within 2 weeks I would be so sick.

Boogs
04-06-2007, 11:07 AM
With sons 1 and 2 I sort of knew but wasn't sure til I missed my period. With son #3 I knew three weeks after conception because I was experiencing acid reflux and that's the only time I get it, when I'm pregnant.

kellyh57
04-06-2007, 11:20 AM
For me, the early signs were the exact same as PMS so it was difficult. When I went to the doctor for my first pregnancy she asked if I had any symptoms and I said no. Then she started listing them off and I think I had every single one except morning sickness (luckily)- soreness, bloating, tired, cranky, etc.

I always had a "feeling" though. I don't know how to describe it. Just a feeling that something was up :)

I'm not much help. Oh, and early pregnancy tests do give a lot of false negatives so don't assume anything.

Kelly

Krystal
04-06-2007, 11:36 AM
For me, the early signs were the exact same as PMS so it was difficult. When I went to the doctor for my first pregnancy she asked if I had any symptoms and I said no. Then she started listing them off and I think I had every single one except morning sickness (luckily)- soreness, bloating, tired, cranky, etc.

I always had a "feeling" though. I don't know how to describe it. Just a feeling that something was up :)

I'm not much help. Oh, and early pregnancy tests do give a lot of false negatives so don't assume anything.

Kelly

well I have heard that they only give false negatives if you test too early. Most often they usually give false positives, and that is most often because you were pregnant when you took the test, but you had a miscarriage.

Most doctors I hear won't even talk to you about it until you've missed a couple periods because the risk of miscarriage is so high so early.

shrugs* I have heard soooo much information, it's hard to figure out what's real. But so far, it still seems like a yes...

so much to worry about...

auburnchick
04-06-2007, 11:36 AM
I was dog sick with my 2nd child. I drove myself to the doctor and told them to do a pregnancy test because I was either pregnant or had the stomach flu. I was pregnant.

I have a friend who got very sick (stomach flu symptoms) about two weeks after her cycle ended. I just knew she was pregnant and bought her a pregnancy test, which turned out negative. I just knew she was pregnant, and two weeks later she did another test. This one came out positive.

Good luck!

threesmom
04-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi - my symptoms were pretty PMS-y too, but my breasts hurt in a different way, not as achy, just more sensitive. I also just had a "something's weird" feeling, but being pregnant 3 times in a little over 3 years might have made me a little over-anxious! I also had a a few false negative tests, so you might want the multi pack. That waiting game is hard though - hang in there.
If you are pregnant, would this be the first time?

Krystal
04-06-2007, 11:42 AM
I was dog sick with my 2nd child. I drove myself to the doctor and told them to do a pregnancy test because I was either pregnant or had the stomach flu. I was pregnant.

I have a friend who got very sick (stomach flu symptoms) about two weeks after her cycle ended. I just knew she was pregnant and bought her a pregnancy test, which turned out negative. I just knew she was pregnant, and two weeks later she did another test. This one came out positive.

Good luck!

thanks. I haven't been sick really so far. But feeling queasy mostly and i think twice I almost tossed my cookies all over my FH. :teehee:

FH is still playing the "Everything's fine..." card. He doesn't like to react to anything until we have something definate to react to. But I got to h
ave my freak out melt down last night so now I am ok with any prospects and taking care of myself in the chance that I am. (no more caffeine and alcohol till I know... so there go my plans tonight! Oh well.)

This so weird. This is the one thing I want the most and the least in all the world. If I am it is about 5 years earlier than planned... but we will do whatever we can.

dink
04-06-2007, 11:42 AM

Now, I can't speak from experience, but I can speak as a woman who has worked next to women who've gotten pregnant while I was working there. All 3 of the women (they weren't pregnant at the same time) said that you just have that "feeling" as you said. That you just feel a little different, and that you just somewhat 'know'.

You could always get a test and take one now, and another in a week or two. Usually there are 2 tests in a box.

:hug:

Krystal
04-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi - my symptoms were pretty PMS-y too, but my breasts hurt in a different way, not as achy, just more sensitive. I also just had a "something's weird" feeling, but being pregnant 3 times in a little over 3 years might have made me a little over-anxious! I also had a a few false negative tests, so you might want the multi pack. That waiting game is hard though - hang in there.
If you are pregnant, would this be the first time?

yup first time.

Fortunately I am done my schooling and have a stable job, and am getting married. So it's in the right area just a few years early. As we REALLY wanted to get my student loans out of the way and get a bigger place.

Our jobs are full time and we aren't going anywhere from them but they aren't very high earning jobs. We are just above minimum wage (Canadian min wage which is 8 bucks)... so this will definately be tough.

Krystal
04-06-2007, 11:46 AM

Now, I can't speak from experience, but I can speak as a woman who has worked next to women who've gotten pregnant while I was working there. All 3 of the women (they weren't pregnant at the same time) said that you just have that "feeling" as you said. That you just feel a little different, and that you just somewhat 'know'.

You could always get a test and take one now, and another in a week or two. Usually there are 2 tests in a box.

:hug:

Well I thought of that, but we are broke until payday (I know great way to start family planning eh?) but with my period looming no later than monday I would rather wait. If it isn't here by Monday then SOMETHING is definately up with my body.

Jax3303
04-06-2007, 11:51 AM
with each of my pregnancies, DH knew before I did. He'd say something like "you are SOOOOO pregnant", and a few days to a week later I'd have symptoms like EXTREME PMS and test positive a day or 2 later.

Mommy22alyns
04-06-2007, 11:59 AM
The first time around, I was so afraid I wasn't pregnant that I waited until 18 DPO to test. I had pretty irregular periods.

The second time around, I knew more what to expect - I was dizzy, tired, nauseous, and my areolas were much darker.

I didn't get dog sick until after I knew I was pg, but it sure hit me hard!

By the way, I tested positive before I missed a period with my second daughter! :heart:

auburnchick
04-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Our jobs are full time and we aren't going anywhere from them but they aren't very high earning jobs. We are just above minimum wage (Canadian min wage which is 8 bucks)... so this will definately be tough.

I honestly don't think we're ever "ready" for children. I married when I was 19. We planned our children and had our first when I was almost 22. We sure couldn't afford it, though. I was going to college at night (and quit after getting pregnant only now returning to school). Dh didn't have a great-paying job but was working his way up and going to school at night. I worked full-time. We barely made ends meet. We had lots of hand-me-downs from friends and the in-laws helped a ton.

But it winds up working out. You'll be fine. Even if you have to eat Ramen Noodles for the next few years. :teehee:

AmandaC
04-06-2007, 12:39 PM
with my first, I didn't know until I realised I was 6 weeks late!! I was never into keeping track of things! I was kind of thinking I might be then the next day I started feeling sick - the day after I got a test ....

The second ... I knew before conception!! It wasn't planned and at the time I was thinking 'not sure we should be doing this at this time of the month' then I had the implantation bleeding (1 day) when the egg implants and then I was late and my boobs were very tender ... I was on holiday in Greece with my girlfriends and had to take a pregnancy test that had Greek instructions on it ... I had to assume that a pink dot meant I was pregnant!!! I told my husband when I got back from hols. :teehee:

Neither of mine were planned but they are the best surprises I ever had :happydance:

auburnchick
04-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Ok, well now you guys have me freaked out. I've been really queasy, dizzy, and tired for over a week. One of my friends told me to take a test, which came out negative....which seems to not mean much?? That was on Tuesday. My period is still a couple weeks off, and I did have one last month, but it was really light.

I'm in the same boat, married, but we weren't planning on children for another couple of years....hmmm...any opinions?? :pout:

If "something" doesn't happen in the next week, try another test. Eat healthy in the meantime. ;-)

Krystal
04-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Ok, well now you guys have me freaked out. I've been really queasy, dizzy, and tired for over a week. One of my friends told me to take a test, which came out negative....which seems to not mean much?? That was on Tuesday. My period is still a couple weeks off, and I did have one last month, but it was really light.

I'm in the same boat, married, but we weren't planning on children for another couple of years....hmmm...any opinions?? :pout:

Same here. We were hoping another 5 years before trying. If your period is still a few weeks off that could be why you tested negative. Most can only get a positive result at 5 days before a missed period.. and even then it depends on how your horomones are leveling out.

If you keep feeling like this, definately retest in a few weeks. But again alot of these can be symptoms of other things too. That's why it can be soooo frustrating.

with my first, I didn't know until I realised I was 6 weeks late!! I was never into keeping track of things! I was kind of thinking I might be then the next day I started feeling sick - the day after I got a test ....

The second ... I knew before conception!! It wasn't planned and at the time I was thinking 'not sure we should be doing this at this time of the month' then I had the implantation bleeding (1 day) when the egg implants and then I was late and my boobs were very tender ... I was on holiday in Greece with my girlfriends and had to take a pregnancy test that had Greek instructions on it ... I had to assume that a pink dot meant I was pregnant!!! I told my husband when I got back from hols.

Well On tuesday I had bleeding for only a day, light and different. And I NEVER bleed between periods. And then all thise quesyness and constipation and acheyness, mood swings, headaches, and cramps. Most other symptoms don't seem to pop up till after a missed period. so I still gotta wait. I have very light nipples so colour change would be obvious. but so far, i SWEAR they are growing more of those little bumps. I only had 4 on one and Now i SWEAR up and down that there is a whole ring around the edge now. FH thinks I am nuts.

I think I'm right.

lol.

I honestly don't think we're ever "ready" for children. I married when I was 19. We planned our children and had our first when I was almost 22. We sure couldn't afford it, though. I was going to college at night (and quit after getting pregnant only now returning to school). Dh didn't have a great-paying job but was working his way up and going to school at night. I worked full-time. We barely made ends meet. We had lots of hand-me-downs from friends and the in-laws helped a ton.

But it winds up working out. You'll be fine. Even if you have to eat Ramen Noodles for the next few years. Giggling

I know, I am scared but excited. And I know SOOOO many women have done this, younger than me and without any help. It'll be hard, but I have more resources than alot of mothers have had. Thank you for all kind wishes!!

:heart: :heart:

Chel
04-06-2007, 12:48 PM
If you are, What a blessing!!!!!!!

I can only *wish*.

If you're not, then maybe its just a warning. SOmething like "Heads up! Be prepared!"

Either way its very cool! :hug:

jmp3775
04-06-2007, 12:58 PM
My early signs were just veiny boobs and increased discharge- I think its called leukarrhea?

KathyinCali
04-06-2007, 01:10 PM
I found out at 6.5 months. I was sixteen, had my period the entire pregnancy and no symptoms except a (little) weight gain. I had been in a pretty bad car accident, was in the hospital for 6 weeks and the hospital never knew. Course that was back in the "old days" :)

Best wishes :)

Krystal
04-06-2007, 01:21 PM
I found out at 6.5 months. I was sixteen, had my period the entire pregnancy and no symptoms except a (little) weight gain. I had been in a pretty bad car accident, was in the hospital for 6 weeks and the hospital never knew. Course that was back in the "old days" :)

oh wow! I am glad everything was alright. That's nuts.

I keep hearing about women who had their period all the way through and they didnt know they were pregnant. That freaks me out!

KathyinCali
04-06-2007, 01:24 PM
I was very lucky. She came out perfect, even with all the xrays and meds. I had a shattered femur.

Anyway to the original poster...Sending you warm wishes :hug:

SandraEllen
04-06-2007, 01:24 PM

HOLY @#%&!!!!
I can only imagine the panic mode I would go into.

hunterjenn
04-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Hey, Krystal -

I didn't test positive until 5 weeks pregnant--even though I was having twins, which is supposed to increase HcG levels. I had a spotty period that first month, and then things were pretty normal until about 4 wks. Then I'd be eating something one minute, and the next minute it would make me violently nauseous. That's how I knew for sure!

mari_13
04-06-2007, 02:03 PM
I knew right away. My periods were off because I had just gotten off the pill. I took 2 stick tests, one urine test at the doctor and one blood test at the doctor and they were all negative! But I knew I was preggers! Sure enough, 6 weeks in I took another stick test at home and it was neutral. The doctor retested me and it was positive. I got an ultrasound taken to see how far along I was and I was already 7 weeks. Trust your gut! Mama knows!

Mari

VickyS456
04-06-2007, 02:06 PM
With my first I didn't get a positive test until I was 7 weeks. I did have implantation bleeding and actually knew what it was, so I went and bought another test instead of waiting for 'another' missed month.

With my second, I knew before I missed my period. I was sitting right here and all of a sudden felt hot and had to vomit. Not the I ate something bad kinda feeling, but that horrendously overwhelmingly bad morning sickness kinda feeling.

Right after that I packed up my then 15month old and hauled @$$ to the store to buy a test, and it was positive. It was 3-4 days before I was even due for TOTM.

Julie
04-06-2007, 02:25 PM
We were using NFP all three times, so I knew by my chart that there was a very good possibility. If your temp stays elevated beyond 14 days, then it's almost always a done deal. Of course I have no patience so I always started testing at 12DPO (and got a positive each time). ;)

I have to say, in all our years of NFP, there have never been any surprises. I never thought I was pg when I wasn't, and I never thought I wasn't when I was. :D

dakatzmeow
04-06-2007, 02:41 PM
"Well On tuesday I had bleeding for only a day, light and different. And I NEVER bleed between periods. And then all thise quesyness and constipation and acheyness, mood swings, headaches, and cramps. Most other symptoms don't seem to pop up till after a missed period. so I still gotta wait. I have very light nipples so colour change would be obvious. but so far, i SWEAR they are growing more of those little bumps. I only had 4 on one and Now i SWEAR up and down that there is a whole ring around the edge now. FH thinks I am nuts.

I think I'm right. "

i think you are right too. the breast changes and the one day of spotting are big red flags to me. :cheering: take care of yourself.

and heck, you can get pg tests at the dollar store. pull up the couch cushions, get yourself some loose change and go get one. :heart:

and keep us posted!

p.s. i'm a RN and a mom of 2. please feel free to pm me with any questions. :hug:

Shandeh
04-06-2007, 03:27 PM
I knew when I was pregnant, if I started dropping things all the time. I know....sounds silly. But it's true. I would be standing there, holding a glass of milk, and then somehow it would just crash to the floor. I would stand there, shaking my head, saying, "Oh well....I must be pregnant again." :shrug:

Also, I would feel the way I used to feel when I took birth control pills. Tired, swollen, sleepy......

Also, I had to pee a lot, and my breasts were huge.

I always knew before the test was ever done.

bobi1218
04-06-2007, 03:46 PM
I had no idea with my son. My period never showed, so I took a test and it was negative. I took another test 3 days later, still negative. I took a test a week later, and it was finally positive. But I had no symptoms or anything like that.

With my daughter, I had an inkling because I had really bad heartburn about 3 or 4 days before my period was due. I took a test the next morning, and it was positive.

Lucy Fan
04-06-2007, 04:37 PM
I miscarried two weeks ago so I'm not actually a mother. But I knew it was a possibility because we were trying. And several days before my missed period my nipples were very sore. Then right around the time of my missed period I was having all day heartburn. Not terrible heartburn, just kind of the annoying -there for no reason- type of heartburn.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you that if you have a Dollar Tree nearby they sell pregnancy tests for $1. You can't beat that. I'm stocked up for when we try again.

Ariane100
04-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Sounds like you're right and your fh is in denial! LOL

With my first, my periods were irregular so I didn't start to get worried until about day 36 of my cycle. I took the test on day 40 or something like that, and I had absolutely no symptom until the next day - intense tiredness. Strangely enough, during the days after my ovulation, I had mental flashes, images of babies - which I never have usually, LOL. I swear I'm not as whacko as this makes me sound! LOL

With my second, I knew 4 days after conception. I was feeling hotter, my breasts fell different... I just knew. When I took the test on the first day I should have had my period, it was more like a formality than anything else.

I had a chemical pregnancy last spring - basically a miscarriage so early that it couldn't have been detected by ultrasound. That time also, I knew 4 days after conception, and then my period started 2 days after that. So I was pg for a grand total of 6 days. I never even had a positive test, but I felt just like I did when I was pg with my 2nd, and I started gagging for no reason in the morning, and having a more acute sense of smell... These things never ever happen to me if I'm not pg. So no doctor will take me seriously (not that it would make a difference), but I KNOW I was pg!

Here's to a happy ending for you, whatever that is to you! :muah:

Krystal
04-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Here's to a happy ending for you, whatever that is to you! :muah:

thank you.

Right now I will be happy with any situation. So long as everyone involved is healthy.

we don't have any dollar trees in canada I don't think. The dollaramas around here do have tests. but I really don't wanna trust this kind of info on a dollar. haha. Pregnancy is NOT the time to skimp.

( I do wanna try a dollar one tho to see how accurate they are. haha.)

Abbily
04-06-2007, 08:25 PM
I was VIOLENTLY ill for the whole nine months of both of my pregnancies... and that's how I knew I was pregnant.

I have never used the dollar tests, but I have several friends who have, and have heard they are as accurate as any other test.

EssenceRose
04-06-2007, 09:13 PM
With my first I had no clue until I missed my period. With number 2, DH knew before I did. I was really sick and he said "what are the chances this is morning sickness?" to which I replied, "Nah, it's just the flu". hah! A week later I took a test after a missed period and it was positive.

And this last time around (I'm due at the end of this month), I KNEW long before the test ever showed it! At 10 days past ovulation, I had BAD heartburn (a sure sign I was pg as I only get heartburn when I'm pg!). I felt soooo tired to the point where I was taking naps in the middle of the afternoon. And my breasts were soooooo sore!!!

I had a blood test done and it showed up negative. Then I did two urine tests and they were both negative, too. But I knew I was pg, so I waited a week and took one more urine test only to get a very faint second line -- but a line nonetheless. LOL Even the nurse had to take the test to the doctor to be absolutely sure it was in fact a second line (it was that faint).

Knitting_Guy
04-06-2007, 10:35 PM
I knew I was pregnant when I saw the pigs flying over my house.

Jan in CA
04-06-2007, 10:37 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

cookworm
04-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Krystal, with me, each subsequent baby, I have become less and less observant it seems! :oops: :teehee: With my first born, I knew the very minute he was conceived, believe it or not. With my second born, I suspected, but wasn't quite sure (we were on vacation by the time I was really suspecting I might be pregnant and had to wait until we got back to make a doctor's appointment to confirm). We were on a cruise and I had a slight touch of morning sickness--talk about feeling queasy! :ick: And this last one, well, I was pregnant a full six weeks before I knew, and then even then, I was SURE I wasn't pregnant--even after the pregnancy test came back positive in a split second, I was in doubt...heck, I think I was in doubt for the first three months I think (she was a definite surprise for us)! :rofl:

Needless to say, every baby and pregnancy is different--sometimes you know right away, and sometimes you don't. How are you feeling?

Krystal
04-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Needless to say, every baby and pregnancy is different--sometimes you know right away, and sometimes you don't. How are you feeling?

That's definately the trend I am seeing. Not 2 people had the exact same experiences. I'm getting a tad anxious. Period should be here tonight or tomorrow. I am afraid that it will just show up late enough for me to be excited. But if nothing is showing by Monday I am going to the pharmacy next to my work to pick up a test.

FH is coming around. He had a slow burning freak out. Starting with Thursday night and working up till last night. Finally he turns to me and says "This is a good thing, isn't it?" with a goofy grin on his face. Haha. I knew he would get to where I am at eventually.

:roflhard: if only the signs could be so blatantly obvious for women!!

Ronda
04-07-2007, 02:05 PM
:roflhard: Mason!

:hug: Krystal, I hope you find out soon what is going on so you can relax a bit. I wish you the very best! It will all work out!

1knittychick
04-07-2007, 02:34 PM
My signs of pregnancy were strange (at least I think so). Our oldest is 15 and it took almost 3 years of meds, trips to the doctor for tests and finally my ob/gyn said we would try AI. I had to take a round of pills to make me have a period; after 2 weeks all I did was spot for about a week. I called the Dr., he said to come in for a pregnancy test which I knew would be negative. I was so wrong. They did 2 tests on me and the rest of the day was a blur. I was pregnant--6 weeks!! The Doc is still scratching his head about that one. With our 2nd child, I found out I was pregnant with him about 2 months after me and my oldest had the chicken poxs--together. (35 years old with the chick.pox is not a pretty pic). So, just slight spotting with both my boys. I was lucky no morning sickness with either boys--just heartburn that lasted until the day(s) they were born.

Mommy22alyns
04-07-2007, 02:45 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard:

LucyFan... :hug: :hug:

jodstr2
04-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Krystal - :hug:
I've never been pregnant so I don't have any advice for you, but I want you to know that I'm thinking of you, and it will all work out well. :heart: :hug:

Cristy
04-07-2007, 05:40 PM
w/ dd I was at work and felt a little "yucky" but not sick or anything--just blah. I decided to go home early and stopped to get a sub sandwich on the way home--I got a steak sub. This should have been my first clue b/c at the time I NEVER ate steak...on the way home the thought hit me...could I be pregnant? We had been trying and it hadn't happened so we were kind of giving it a break--it was around the holidays and we'd been out of town and apart a lot--I think we'd only had sex once the whole month. I decided to stop at the pharmacy nearby and buy a test. I got home and took it and it was positive.

w/ ds, we had tried the previous month w/ no success. I was trying so hard not to think too much about it but when you are trying...it tends to consume you. I got up one morning for church and my cycle is also like clockwork...it occurred to me that I should have started that morning, yet there was nothing. It's always there when I first get up...I told dh that I could be pregnant and I had a test under the sink but if I took it I knew we'd be late for church. I told him that I probably wasn't and if I were, I would still be preggo after church so it could wait. I came home, took a test and it was positive. I really didn't have any symptoms at all although I had been LOOKING for every symptom that I could find listed on the internet...

I didn't have symptoms early on but then again, I was never sick w/ either child and only had heartburn w/ the second. I think I just lucked out in the way of symptoms...

Good luck either way--and don't worry--it all works out somehow. I was 23 when my first was born and I had a lousy paying job. I have no idea how we afforded dd but we did...

Krystal
04-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Krystal - :hug:
I've never been pregnant so I don't have any advice for you, but I want you to know that I'm thinking of you, and it will all work out well. :heart: :hug:

thank you very much! :heart: :heart:

w/ dd I was at work and felt a little "yucky" but not sick or anything--just blah. I decided to go home early and stopped to get a sub sandwich on the way home--I got a steak sub. This should have been my first clue b/c at the time I NEVER ate steak...on the way home the thought hit me...could I be pregnant? We had been trying and it hadn't happened so we were kind of giving it a break--it was around the holidays and we'd been out of town and apart a lot--I think we'd only had sex once the whole month. I decided to stop at the pharmacy nearby and buy a test. I got home and took it and it was positive.

w/ ds, we had tried the previous month w/ no success. I was trying so hard not to think too much about it but when you are trying...it tends to consume you. I got up one morning for church and my cycle is also like clockwork...it occurred to me that I should have started that morning, yet there was nothing. It's always there when I first get up...I told dh that I could be pregnant and I had a test under the sink but if I took it I knew we'd be late for church. I told him that I probably wasn't and if I were, I would still be preggo after church so it could wait. I came home, took a test and it was positive. I really didn't have any symptoms at all although I had been LOOKING for every symptom that I could find listed on the internet...

I didn't have symptoms early on but then again, I was never sick w/ either child and only had heartburn w/ the second. I think I just lucked out in the way of symptoms...

Good luck either way--and don't worry--it all works out somehow. I was 23 when my first was born and I had a lousy paying job. I have no idea how we afforded dd but we did...

Cristy, thanks for the well wishes. I think your post added an extra boost to FH thoughts, as we are both 23 (well I will be by the end of the month) and it's reassuring to see how other people can make it too.

I too have been checking every part for any symptoms but so far I just feel SOOOO blah, and having numbing headaches and have been constantly dizzy and lightheaded. worst part is I won't take any of my migraine stuff, because that wouldn't be good for a baby. Today I started feeling really hot, and my boob would have flashes of pain. It's all random stuff...like my craving for french fries that I am finally quenching right now. (these fries have NEVER tasted so good!) haha.

And everyone keeps telling me, go take a test. But I figure the same as you. If I am preggers, I will still be preggers on Monday! And period should be here soon... (tho I am hoping it won't!)

ctmax
04-07-2007, 07:55 PM
I was pregnant at 21 with my first child. My husband got fired when I was 3 months pregnant, but then when I was 7 months pregnant he found a great job ( he's still at that job). What gets me is during his time of unemployment we both weren't panicing or nothing. If that happened now I would probably have a heart attack. Things just seem to work out. As I'm typing this it feels like it was just yesterday, and that baby is going to be 8 in a couple of months.

cookworm
04-07-2007, 09:54 PM
FH is coming around. He had a slow burning freak out. Starting with Thursday night and working up till last night. Finally he turns to me and says "This is a good thing, isn't it?" with a goofy grin on his face. Haha. I knew he would get to where I am at eventually.

Krystal, have you ever seen the movie "She's Having a Baby" with Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth McGovern? It's a classic--one of my very favorite movies!--an "oldy" but a goody (from 1988 I think). If you get a chance, rent this. I know that men handle the news of pregnancy different than we do. I don't know about anybody else's sweetheart, but my hubby is hard to read about certain things because he doesn't share his feelings very much. But I know that while he shared the same concerns as I did (the well-being and health of the baby, making sure we were adequately prepared with the right supplies, etc.), he had additional worries on his mind. It's definitely a big step for everybody, and while we women have a reminder every minute in our lives that we're pregnant because our bodies are changing so incredibly fast, men don't, and I think those nine months really sneak up on them. Keep us posted on things! :muah: :hug:

Krystal
04-08-2007, 12:18 PM
bump: to show update posted in original post!

Mommy22alyns
04-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Just read your update - big hugs to you! I'm glad you've got more clarity about your feelings and I wish you the best when you do decide the time is "right." :hug: :hug:

BostonBecca
04-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Now, for the slightly off-topic question for this thread...I am going to have a new niece or nephew in October (provided everything goes ok) and I wouold love to know what yoiur favorite newborn/baby knits are, including patterns....

I've never knit for a baby before.