PDA

View Full Version : new Knitty Gritty (FINALLY!)

boyforpele13
04-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Vickie posted this at MySpace, probably her blog too, wanted to share:

Calling all Knitsters! There are brand new episodes of Knitty Gritty airing daily now on DIY. That's right, season 8 has begun and in some kind of needle& yarn showdown, season 7 will also begin airing on HGTV on April 16th (schedule to follow). If you're quicker on the uptake than I am, you may have already seen the Michael Del Vecchio travel tote, Cookie A. lacey sock and Stefanie Japel top-down shrug episodes (if not don't worry, they'll re-air!)-- but there's so much more to see, beginning today!

DIY SCHEDULE (Weekdays at 2pm ET/1pm CT)

4/6: "Hat Trick" w/ guest, Jennifer Hanson aka Stitch Diva
4/9: "Hand-Painting Yarn" w/ guest Jamie Dixon aka Scout
4/10: "Celebrity Scarves" w/ guest Sarah Rosenberg
4/11: "Teen Scene" w/ guests Katy Von Rader & Hana Gurvitz
4/12: "Knitting on the Go" w/ guest Lisa Shobahna Mason
4/13: "AlterKNITive" w/ guest John Brinegar
4/16: "Knits That Fit" w/ guest Amy O'Neill Houck
4/17: "Knitting Rules!" w/ guest Stephanie Pearl-McPhee aka YARN HARLOT
4/18: "Happy Hour Knits" w/ guest Star Athena (re-air)

It seems that the Do-it-Yourself web folks have been hard at work on the site and have added a Handy Dandy Stitch Glossary (with video demos by yours truly) and a Knitty Gritty Video Channel! Oh, and don't forget I also have a How-To knit and crochet section on my site . Clearly people, all the knitting resources you need are literally at your finger tips. So...let your fingers do the walking, er, typing!

Knitlicious kisses,
Vickie

P.S. Don't forget to set your DVRs!

rebecca
04-06-2007, 06:17 PM
I've seen the 3 that have already aired...just yummy! CookieA's socks rocked, of course! As did the others, but ya'll know I have a soft spot in my knitty heart for socks :wink:

RiverDaughter
04-06-2007, 07:12 PM
I need to check to see if I can rent this. Not having a tv is a little bit of teh suxxors. :pout:

Jan in CA
04-06-2007, 08:59 PM
I'm recording the new ones. Some have been pretty good!

Braden
04-06-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm DVRing this season!

carmabelle1191
04-06-2007, 10:00 PM
I don't get DIY, only HGTV, and Knitty Gritty shows up every other morning at 7 AM. Can you order DIY? :pout:

feministmama
04-06-2007, 10:46 PM
I have a DVR, and I have both DIY and HGTV. I can make copies for anyone if need be.

Also, I don't know if I like the "new" version with funky camera moves and extra music and they spend less time with the camera focused on the hands of the demonstrator and more time on thier faces!! :grrr: But I *did* enjoy Cookie A showing us toe up socks. Not so threatning anymore!

boyforpele13
04-06-2007, 11:18 PM
what is this cookie a stuff? My dvr has went on the fritz twice, lastly this week, hadn't recorded anything since tuesday because the box had to be reset... can i add fabulous toe-up sock episode to my list of other things i've missed forever? MEH!

want2knit
04-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Sean,

Cookie A. is the designer for some fabulous sock patterns, namely Pomatomous, Monkey and Hedera, if you've seen any of those on knitty. She did a tutorial on KG for a pair of toe-up socks. I missed it too!! Vickie said it'll be re-airing, so keeping checking the KG site.

auburnchick
04-07-2007, 01:58 PM
I just watched yesterday's episode. Wow! Very, very cool stuff!!!! Even my teenage son was interested/amazed.

1knittychick
04-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I'd love to see DIY put KG into season's dvd packages. I PVR, watch, watch again, go to website, copy to my computer, erase.

Braden
04-07-2007, 04:51 PM
I don't really like the new version, either. But, some great projects so far.

Yarn Doc
04-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Feminist Mama,

I would ETERNALLY GRATEFUL if I could get a copy of the shows from you. I don't get DIY and the shows air at 5AM on HGTV here. In fact, I could send Paypal you something for your troubles.

You rock.

boyforpele13
04-08-2007, 12:12 AM
I know that Cookie! Even sorrier I missed it now. :( I will watch for repeat.

CarmenIbanez
04-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Also, I don't know if I like the "new" version with funky camera moves and extra music and they spend less time with the camera focused on the hands of the demonstrator and more time on thier faces!!

I'm glad I looked this up. I was just watching it and new the digital recording format for the show is annoying to no end. It is visually difficult for me to watch. And I am NOT a picture snob either. It almost has an unfocused appearance. It's just weird.

boyforpele13
04-12-2007, 05:02 PM
i agree with you both, i think they fixed something that wasn't broke.

Fraggle
04-12-2007, 07:56 PM
I'm in agreement about not being a huge fan of the new feeling of the new seasons. Takes some of the personality away from the show giving it a very cold feeling in my opinion.

CarmenIbanez
04-12-2007, 11:01 PM
For me it is only the digital recording format that has me uncomfortable. The picture itself is just jarring.

boyforpele13
04-16-2007, 12:52 AM
*BUMP* :)

for those of you that don't have DIY but do have HGTV like many in my area, this just in:

Starting tomorrow, HGTV will air new episodes from season 7 of Knitty Gritty on Mondays in April, and more beginning at the end of May (I guess they're trying to ration the new stuff out). Re-runs from past seasons will continue to air on Wednesdays and Fridays. Just a reminder, Knitty Gritty airs on HGTV on MWF at 7am/6amCT, and DAILY on DIY at 2pmET/1pmCT/12omPT. Make sure to set your DVRs for these new ones--the projects are all really cool and vary in skill level! Knit on, Vickie

NEW EPISODE MONDAYS ON HGTV
4/16 "Coreolis Sock" with guest, Cat Bordhi (Remember her from the Mobius show?)
4/23 "Kitchen Couture" with guest, Jordana Paige (That's right, the bag lady)
4/30 "Hooked on Knitting" with guest Lily Chin
5/28 "Spot on Adornments" with guest, Christina Batch (EOC of Adornment Magazine)

Pssst! Don''t forget there are also two NEW episodes from season 8 on DIY this week including, the viewer anticipated Yarn Harlot sock show.

Wrennn
04-16-2007, 10:45 AM
I don't have DIY & am going to miss the Yarn Harlot on Knitty Gritty, I'm totally bummed!!! :verysad: TOTALLY! Does anyone know if there's a way...any way to get a copy of this show? :pray:

Wrennn
04-16-2007, 10:46 AM
I don't have DIY & am going to miss the Yarn Harlot on Knitty Gritty, I'm totally bummed!!! :verysad: TOTALLY! Does anyone know if there's a way...any way to get a copy of this show? :pray: