PDA

View Full Version : Oops...Didn't Order Enough

auburnchick
04-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Okay...so I ordered two different skeins of Lorna's Laces with my birthday money. The yarn came today -- oh so pretty!

BUT, I quickly figured out that the skeins are only 50g. All of the yarn I've been ordering lately has been in 100g skeins. I should have either ordered two of each or two of one color. I know that I can't make an adult pair of socks with one skein. :waah:

What to do???

Guess I'll be calling and ordering more, eh? Arrrgghhh...my checkbook does not need this, but the yarn is so soft...it needs to be on my feet!!!!!

Thanks...just needed to vent. :(

MoniDew
04-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Total bummer! I'm sorry! Sure hope they still have more in the same dye lots for you!
________
Yamaha Fz750 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_FZ750)

redwitch
04-06-2007, 11:30 PM
You could make a pair with 50g of striping/whatever, and use a matching solid for toes, heels, and cuffs (make these a bit bigger than you usually would). I'd do both at the same time to get equal length from the wool, maybe toe-up would be best - so you can make the solid part of the cuffs very long if need be (or maybe you don't care how the feet look and would be happy with half the foot in solid?).

Sarah

auburnchick
04-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Do you think there would be enough yarn to make ankle socks (footsies)??

cando
04-06-2007, 11:41 PM

I actually deliberately bought 1 skein in each color earlier this year to make anklets. I haven't started on them yet. After looking at a few patterns, I'd think they would definitely be enough.

Hope someone who has actually tried it will offer more insight!

auburnchick
04-06-2007, 11:47 PM

I actually deliberately bought 1 skein in each color earlier this year to make anklets. I haven't started on them yet. After looking at a few patterns, I'd think they would definitely be enough.

Hope someone who has actually tried it will offer more insight!

Here's (http://www.knittychick.com/free_sock_patterns.htm) a site that has a bunch of links to sock patterns. It has several footie patterns on it. It looks like I can do some with 50g of yarn. I just wish I had two skeins of one of the colors I bought...it's called "chocolate stripe." Somehow, I just don't see brown and white footsies as looking very appealing. The pink and white ones...yes.

cando
04-07-2007, 12:56 AM
wowzer that link has 580 free sock patterns! thank you :)

Emeraldcutie
04-07-2007, 05:13 AM
Sorry about the mis-buy. I almost did the same thing. I did see on the sock pattern site a sock called the yarn shortage anxiety sock :)

I am currently knitting the nasturtium (excuse spelling) from that site, on a 2.25mm and it is only taking one skein of Lorna's Laces.

Also if you Google, one skein Lorna's laces, there is a really cute sock pattern, you just use a contrast for the toes and heels.

Either way, enjoy! Lorna's Laces is my all time Fav sock yarn, esp for washing and caring for :)