PDA

View Full Version : Pink no pattern Shrug and a wedding garter.

newamy
04-07-2007, 02:01 PM
After I made my daughter the sun dresses I wanted to make her a shrug or two. Here is the first. I used Cascade Sierra which is 80% cotton and 20% wool. I looked at several shrug patterns but only followed general guidelines and developed this myself after some measuring and swatching. It took me 5 days to make. It's slightly too wide, but I was making it with the intent to fit for a while and my daughter keeps wearing it with everything so it's already getting stretched. There are three pictures so you all can see the details.

Then at KPC under weddings I found this easy wedding garter. It's made in Cascade Fixation and it only took 2 hours to make. I mailed it to a friend who will be getting married soon. I don't know if she will actually use it, it's a second wedding and some of those traditions go by the wayside.

Thanks for looking.

Jan in CA
04-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Awwww! Those are too cute!! Great job!

Braden
04-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Very Nice! Your daughter looks cute in the shrug.

Idyll
04-07-2007, 11:59 PM
That's a great shrug! Good on you for making up your own pattern, it worked beautifully. Perhaps you'll have to keep making more and more, in bigger and bigger sizes as your daughter grows up!

(Now I want to make one... for me!)

auburnchick
04-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Both projects are BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the shrug pattern!

ecb
04-08-2007, 05:22 PM
this post Does make sense

Issac Asimov was a very wise man and writer
in one of his novels from the series about the land of Phaze
there was a competition in which two men had to play instruments
the first round had them play the same piece, and the Protagonist won
the second round was improvisational
the protagonist went First, and Played beautifully, then his competition played and had learned from the protagonists performance, and improved, and played better than the protagonist had
but the judges gave the round to the protagonist, because he played so well, he Inspired the Challenger to get better

Your shrug allowed me to learn something about that type of shrug, and to design my own in my head
Very good job
Thank You

ecb

marykz
04-09-2007, 09:31 AM
those are so lovely! the shrug looks great with the sundress. As with ECB (great story from one of my favorite writers...) I'm inspired to go seam up the sundress fabric I bought. (yellow with dots).

sara_jayne
04-09-2007, 11:54 AM
So cute!

elizabethrmiller
04-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Great job on both of those! I made a garter for my sister's wedding last month it was such a fun project.

Mariblue
04-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Wow, both look really great, I :heart: the shrug for your daughter, good job!

dewdrops
04-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Pretty daughter :happydance: pretty shrug :cheering: