PDA

View Full Version : FO - Booga Bag

auburnchick
04-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Here's my booga bag (before and after pictures). I used Noro color #95, as recommended by the pattern.

I have gotten so many compliments on this along with several requests to make them for people...yeah right. No time with my college classes only halfway done. :teehee:

I have to say that this was one of the easiest projects I've ever done. No one can believe how simple it was because it looks like something you would buy in a store.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC02029.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC02051.jpg

BinkyKat
04-07-2007, 02:26 PM
:happydance:
Very nice!
I totally have to do mine. I have had the yarn for ages...apparently #95 is hard to come by! I gotta join the Booga club as I love bags and I'm alwasy surfing the patterns for them.
Again, you did a super job!

auburnchick
04-07-2007, 02:30 PM
apparently #95 is hard to come by!

Yes, I had a very hard time finding it. I finally got lucky and happened across it one day not too long ago. Meanwhile, I had purchased a different color of Noro but didn't really want to do the bag because I just had to have one that looked like the picture in the pattern.

Now that I've done this one, I think I'm going to go ahead and use the other Noro I bought. It's darker, so it will be great in the fall.

Thanks for the nice compliment. Now, get going! It's such a fast knit that you'll be done in no time!

SabrinaJL
04-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Very pretty! I never intended to do a Booga, but after I made a little felted bag for my niece (no pattern, just winged it) my sister said she was going to steal it. I figured I could be nice and make her a bag of her own and thought the Booga pattern was perfect. It was very easy and I wouldn't mind making another.

BinkyKat
04-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Yes, I had a very hard time finding it. I finally got lucky and happened across it one day not too long ago. Meanwhile, I had purchased a different color of Noro but didn't really want to do the bag because I just had to have one that looked like the picture in the pattern.

I will I will, I promise... perhaps I'll bring it to the inlaws for my "keep Jodie busy" project this weekend...I'm the same way, if I like a pattern and the yarn it was done in..I gotta have THAT yarn! For a while, even though I had no idea when I would do this bag...I made #95 one of the yarns I had on my "does this store have..." liste when I would check out shops outside of my area. And theres something about that bright green...I am all about that color the last couple summers...and the noro has such a nice soft effect in striping

Braden
04-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Nice! I have had the yarn for my grandmother's booga, and now I might actually make it!

Sanibelle
04-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Great job... Booga bag are so much fun. I made a bunch of them and have given them as gifts. Everyone that I have given them to just loves them.

I love to make felted bags. I think it is addictive!

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Lynn

Angelia
04-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Wow, that is beautiful! :inlove: That colorway is so calming!

Godiva337
04-07-2007, 07:13 PM
:muah: :muah: WOW, that bag is gorgeous!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

auburnchickadee
04-10-2007, 08:36 AM
I love this bag. It looks great.

Carla1019
04-10-2007, 09:13 AM
:muah: I just love purses.. :muah: I bet I change purse once a month.

Love yours. Can I ask what is a Booga bag? I know it is felted, and have stripes. Does that make it a Booga? I did a Goggle on booga, they all have a look to them , but some are different.

I might have to make me one, I hear (read) about everyone else making one. They are really cute.

sara_jayne
04-10-2007, 09:27 AM
It looks fabulous! :cheering:

auburnchick
04-10-2007, 09:46 AM

Love yours. Can I ask what is a Booga bag? I know it is felted, and have stripes. Does that make it a Booga? I did a Goggle on booga, they all have a look to them , but some are different.

I might have to make me one, I hear (read) about everyone else making one. They are really cute.

Carla, I don't really know why they call it a booga bag. I'm thinking that it is a generic term?? I've seen different patterns for "booga" bags.

This one is so totally easy!!! It is a FAST knit. That's what makes this so rewarding to knit. Instant gratification (and lots of looks of envy :teehee: ).

Mariblue
04-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Wow, it's totally cute! I was never really interested in making one of these, until I saw yours! I :heart: it!

dewdrops
04-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Wow! Wonderful :heart:

Abbily
04-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Beautiful!! I love those colors!

I just assumed that Booga was the name the designer gave it...

twistedstitcher
04-11-2007, 08:54 AM
WooHoo!!! Just gorgeous Nat. :muah: I may just have to try felting!

Anne Marie ::

AnotherBecca
04-14-2007, 06:02 AM
Those are beautiful colors!

carmabelle1191
04-14-2007, 08:25 AM
Great job! Too bad you can't make those bags for people, I bet you would get a lot of money for it. :teehee: Darn school/college always has to get in the way of knitting! :verysad:

nonny2t
04-14-2007, 08:31 AM

My husband gives me grief over the number of handbags I have because he says you can only use one at a time and all a girl needs is one black one! :shrug: I have about 50 bags and just keep buying them because unlike you ladies and your yarn obsession, handbags are mine! My yarn pal bought me yarn to make a booga bag, but I haven't attempted it yet. So for all you ladies who love handbags like I do, YOU GO GIRL!!!!! :muah:

auburnchick
04-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Great job! Too bad you can't make those bags for people, I bet you would get a lot of money for it. :teehee: Darn school/college always has to get in the way of knitting! :verysad:

:teehee:

You know, though, the author of the pattern requests that you not sell the bag when you make it. I guess it's because the pattern is free??

:shrug:

Oh well...I will probably make this again for a gift for my sister and perhaps maybe do some kind of barter thing if anyone ever wants me to make one (and I have the time).

Thanks for all of the compliments, y'all! :muah:

Mommy22alyns
04-14-2007, 10:55 AM
[My husband gives me grief over the number of handbags I have because he says you can only use one at a time and all a girl needs is one black one! :shrug:

Bah - what do men know, anyway! :teehee:

I can't wait to do my own Booga!!

Carla1019
04-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Question,

I love the Booga bag and have the stuff to make one. Did anyone see the Knitty Gritty show with the young girls? One of the girls make a back pack. with fancy yarn, she felted it. But I was wondering if you can do this and if there was a trick you have to do different.

I know you can felt with wool. and I know non-wool does not felt. I have a lot of fancy yarn that would look pretty at the top of the purse. Can I add that to the purse as I make it then when I felt it will it work? It won't hurt the felting? does that make since? :??

hunterjenn
04-14-2007, 12:33 PM
So cute, Nathalie! I love that color. (So much better than my "ugly' Noro one--remember? :rofl: ) It looks great!

auburnchick
04-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Carla,

I'll bet you could embellish the bag with the fancy yarn after it's felted. That's probably what I would do.

momwolf
04-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Aren't Booga bags fun :cheering: Nice colors too!!!!!!!!!!

clb1968
04-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Question,

I love the Booga bag and have the stuff to make one. Did anyone see the Knitty Gritty show with the young girls? One of the girls make a back pack. with fancy yarn, she felted it. But I was wondering if you can do this and if there was a trick you have to do different.

I know you can felt with wool. and I know non-wool does not felt. I have a lot of fancy yarn that would look pretty at the top of the purse. Can I add that to the purse as I make it then when I felt it will it work? It won't hurt the felting? does that make since? :??

I am making this bag,
http://www.jsyarns.com/PAGES/Classes/SMALL%20FELTED%20CLUTCH-WILLIAMSON.html

starts out with 2 strands wool, then one of wool and one of novelty yarn, the finsihes of with 2 of wool and it will be felted . So I would think that you could use other novelty yarns in the same manner.

baronreads
04-14-2007, 10:22 PM
That's the one "I" want to make! Did you do your handles the same way as on the pattern? CUTE!!