PDA

View Full Version : Im confused lol, one more question

3kids1036
04-08-2007, 03:52 PM
I am doing the decorative bind off for http://www.lanaknits.com/usa330.html and it says k2 tog tbl, place new st back on left ndl....

I am not completly understanding how I am supposed to do that. THanks for any help. I really do appreciate you all taking time out to answer my questions.

*** after I k2tog, am I just supposed to put the stitch I JUST made on the left needle? LOL*** did I just answer my own question? LOL

Vendie
04-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Yep, you just put the stitch back on the left needle. Make sure you k2tog through the back loop (tbl), as it says. Slightly different than a regular k2tog.

3kids1036
04-08-2007, 04:00 PM
ok, thank you. See, I am getting better. Once I posted this, I read it again, and it kinda made a LITTLE sense lol....but when i put the stitch back....am I going to bind this off the needles????? or will I still have stitches? I think that is what is confusing me, because once I get this done, I have to add the straps....

Vendie
04-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm not sure on that one without seeing the rest of the instructions. :shrug:

3kids1036
04-08-2007, 04:07 PM
after I finish the band (which I have done) it says bind off loosely using decorative bind off technique.

decorative bind off

*k2 tog tbl, place new st back on left ndl; rep to end....

then for the straps it says

with smaller circ needles, and right side facing, pick up 7 loops from bound off edge approx 3' from side...

then it gives the rounds for the straps, and that's it.

suzeeq
04-08-2007, 04:20 PM
ok, thank you. See, I am getting better. Once I posted this, I read it again, and it kinda made a LITTLE sense lol....but when i put the stitch back....am I going to bind this off the needles????? or will I still have stitches? I think that is what is confusing me, because once I get this done, I have to add the straps....

Yes put the new stitch back on the left needle, then repeat... Knit the one you just put back together with the next one, and put the new stitch back on the left. Eventually, you get to the last stitch; cut your yarn, leaving a few inches and pull the stitch through. You're done there

For the straps, you wrote:
"with smaller circ needles, and right side facing, pick up 7 loops from bound off edge approx 3' from side... " You do just that, only I think you meant 3" not 3 feet. Pick up the stitches along the bound off stitches you just did, starting 3" from the side edge, and knit the strap.

sue

3kids1036
04-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks, I understand now. Off to bind off !!!!