PDA

View Full Version : Major FROG (Rip it good) = release! And I need suggestions!

humblestumble
04-09-2007, 07:54 PM
I have to do some major frogging today. I made a sweater as some of you may know, about 2 years ago (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5835&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=cast&start=0). I have only worn it once, as it's frikkin hot in Texas and I have emotional issues attached to it (dog died while making it due to being obsessed with finishing it and not looking outside for her), so I found the sweater in the closet and I am going to RIP it out! Now all I need are suggestions for what to make after this. It's bulky yarn, so I won't make a garment with it.

I recall that I may have bought 8 or so balls of it. I believe it's Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick. Beautiful green and black color. The pic doesn't do it justice.

ReneeKnits
04-10-2007, 09:12 AM
I know this is boring...but how about a throw? You could make it all green or make squares and add other colors of the Thick and Quick.

If you have another dog you could make a dog bed (I think the thick and quick is washable)

If a smaller project makes you happier (since I'm sure it is getting warm in TX) maybe make hot pads, oven mitts, place mats,seat cushions,pillows, etc.

You could do a really cool knitting bag and use all the interesting stitches that were in your sweater but you would have to line it since Thick and Quick doesn't felt.

Hope these ideas help - I just froged a sweater myself and it's actually a liberating feeling to let go of all that tension you built up in the knitting.

Good luck and I hope the frogging is theraputic!

:hug:

auburnchick
04-10-2007, 09:32 AM
What about a rug? The color is gorgeous!

humblestumble
04-10-2007, 03:01 PM
I'll probably end up going with the throw or blanket idea. I was thinking it'd be neat to do a blanket with a black border and green on the inside. I'm not too fond of bobbles now (which is what was on the sweater), so I think I will venture to try something else when I do start. I just don't know what would look good with super bulky yarn.

I couldn't imagine using it as a dog bed or rug. I spent a good penny on this yarn. I do have another dog now, but she uses old pillows to lay on.