PDA

View Full Version : Help with understanding some pattern language

beccajelly
04-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum, so let me start off by introducing myself first! I am Becca. I'm 23 years old and positively knit obsessed since last fall when I discovered my love for it. I love to knit stuff from Stefanie Japel - I think her patterns are both unique and beautiful. Then of course I love the knitty website that is filled with full of fun ideas :).

Right now though I am trying to knit the blue suede bikini from Ashley Paige's "Sexy little knits" and am having such trouble understanding the pattern for the blue suede bikini and hope you guys would be able to help me decipher the instructions for the bikini bottoms...

Here goes:

Cast on 55 stitches (yup, got that). Work in lace pattern according to chart one for 24 rows (I understand the lace pattern, but the next lines is where it gets tricky)

...at the same time decrease 2 stitches on each side every 4th row 10 times and 1 stitch at the beginning and end of every 4th row one time - 13 stitches.

--> can I exclaim a big "huh?" How many decreases am I supposed to make every 4th row? Where am I supposed to make these decreases?

I would be so grateful if you guys could help me with this, as I dying to make this beautiful bikini in time for summer :)

Becca

I am so confused!

suzeeq
04-10-2007, 10:52 AM
...at the same time decrease 2 stitches on each side every 4th row 10 times and 1 stitch at the beginning and end of every 4th row one time - 13 stitches.

Decreasing 2 sts on each side every 4th row is 4 sts dec per row, do that 10 times = 40sts. Then after that, dec 1 st beg/end of 4th row once is 2 more sts dec. That's a total of 42 sts - 55-42=13 left.

sue

beccajelly
04-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Thank you so much Sue!!! I am excited about getting home from work today to continue working on my bikini! :happydance: