PDA

View Full Version : I seriously cannot count

bip
04-10-2007, 12:41 PM
I made the most amazing counting error recently, it was epic. I am making a blanket with knit squares. It isn't granny square style though, you knit a square, then knit the next square right into the top of the previous one. You end up w/5 strips that you assemble at the end.

I am in the middle of my second strip and went back to peek at the first one for some reason...and realized that I somehow knitted 8 squares instead of 7. WHAT?!!! How did I do that?!!! Each square is DIFFERENT colors. How did I even decide what colors to use?

I cannot believe I was such a dope. I am considering 2 strategies:

1) Add an extra block to the next 4 strips (I can ad lib the color combinations). This will make the length and width wonky, so I might have to actually do an entire extra strip (not the end of the world, I have enough yarn).

2) CAREFULLY removing the extra block. I might even try to use it as the first block on one of the next strips if the colors work. That thing took 4 hours, I don't want to lose it if I don't have to.

Sheesh, I can understand mis-counting a row or a stitch, but this?! An entire block that took 4 hours?! Ack!

Abbily
04-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Hate to say it, but that really sounds like something I would do! I often wonder how on earth did I manage *that* one?! Good luck with whatever you decide to do with it!