PDA

View Full Version : looking for a pattern for a flared-out top

alchemyfyr
04-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Hi. I would like to knit a top that is slightly fitted through the bust and then flares out right under the bust to create a flowy top. If I tried to design my own and I measure myself right around my ribcage to get that gauge, would you recommend I double or triple that amount to start at the bottom with and worked my way up and then did a knit 2 together or knit 3 together? How would that work?
Thanks!
Kristy

Susan P.
04-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Kristy,

I think this pattern really attractive and I thought you either might like to use it as is OR you could look at how this pattern is worked and transfer some ideas to the pattern you had in mind:

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/PATTrosebud.html

alchemyfyr
04-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Thank you for finding a pattern for me. I will definitely use some elements from that design for my sweater. Thanks!
Kristy

astonh
08-03-2007, 03:55 PM
This is a pattern I had found that I've got on my "future attempts" list. Maybe aspects of it would work for what you are doing. I wish you the best!

http://www.adriafil.com/html/img/riviste/mag42/modelli/file_istruzioni/uk/42_bahamas.pdf

Looks like this...

Doodknitwit
08-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Hi. I would like to knit a top that is slightly fitted through the bust and then flares out right under the bust to create a flowy top. If I tried to design my own and I measure myself right around my ribcage to get that gauge, would you recommend I double or triple that amount to start at the bottom with and worked my way up and then did a knit 2 together or knit 3 together? How would that work?
Thanks!
Kristy

Mermaid Mesh
Designer: Ann Budd
Published: June 6, 2007
Technique: Charts - Lace
Skill Level: Intermediate
Download Mermaid Mesh

knitting Daily site!!!

:figureditout:

KEDEK5
08-07-2007, 01:33 PM
There is a top in the Spring 2007 issue of Knitscene, the top is called Butterfly. I am in the process of making this now, I am using Plymouth Bamboo yarn and it is knitting up so nicely. Seems to be a pretty easy and fast.