PDA

View Full Version : Glee tank/sweater from Zephyr

thischicknits
04-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Hey there!
I am going to knit Glee from Zephyr and am inviting others to join in!

You can find the pattern at http://www.zephyrstyle.com/catalog/item.cfm/2367447/3284727.

No fun, new yarn for me - I'm just stash busting.

:muah:

ReneeKnits
04-12-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm in Margaret! Purl sent an email yesterday that the yarn had shipped so maybe by Monday I'll be winding and gauge swatching!!!!

:happydance: New project!!! Yipee! :happydance:

AmandaC
04-12-2007, 01:53 PM
ooh - this is pretty - I may have enough luxury cotton in my stash to make this for a summer top.

thischicknits
04-12-2007, 01:56 PM
:cheering: :cheering:

This should be a pretty east knit. Although not requisite, will you be choosing a hue of pink? :teehee:

AmandaC
04-12-2007, 02:38 PM
'fraid not ... it's a sage green that i've had for aaaaaages.

thischicknits
04-12-2007, 04:30 PM
:psst: that's okay too!

candicane
04-12-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm going to play too. I'm going to try to use up some stash yarn that is a slightly heavier gauge. I think I will just make one size smaller. I love seamless sweaters!

Candice

ReneeKnits
04-12-2007, 11:04 PM
I think the heavier gauge knit one size down should work - I've done that before and it turned out well. Top downs are great for being off-gauge since you can try them on as you go!

Glad y'all are joining and I suppose it will be okay that your not working in pink :verysad: Oh well...

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

My yarn should arrive on Monday or Tuesday and I've got some itchy fingers here!

thischicknits
04-12-2007, 11:28 PM
maybe they could just wear pink unders to appease you, Renee!

:teehee:

ReneeKnits
04-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Just checked the tracking # and my yarn should arrive today!!!! :cheering:

Only bad thing is I knit like a crazy person yesterday to finish a pair of socks for Ms J and my arm aches too much to knit - just typing is making me want to pop a Motrin!

Oh well, it could be worse - like no yarn to fondle and dream of knitting! :teehee:

candicane
04-17-2007, 11:26 AM
I have my yarn Artyarns Supermerino in gray/black/white, but need to finish my Twinkle's Best Friend Cardigan first. It is lacking sleeves.

candice

thischicknits
04-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Are you still joining us Amanda?

I've made a little progress...it just goes kind of slow with the guage being what it is. I think it is going to be pretty but my yarn is a bit brighter than I thought. :??
I guess it will work for the summertime.

Vendie
04-18-2007, 07:49 AM
I've already started mine :cheering: I'm using Ecco superwash wool for mine, in a blue/green/grey colorway. It's going to be really pretty. But I'm ready for this freaking back and forth knitting to be over with. Give some in-the-round! :teehee:

ReneeKnits
04-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Margaret - don't be afraid of color. Color is your friend. That's my motto anyway!

Yarn came yesterday from Purl but my arm is still aching alot so I'm just staring at it and dreaming of being able to knit. :pout:

thischicknits
05-02-2007, 11:24 PM
Vendie - are you still working on this one?
I am but it is going a bit slow. Wicked is SO close now that I would like to actually finish it. I hope to make progress on this soon after.

ReneeKnits
05-04-2007, 10:02 AM
I still have not started mine yet javascript:emoticon(':pout:')

I did do a gauge swatch and at this gauge it has to count for something!

DD's Wicked is almost finished and I've been working on Green Gable too - I've got knitting ADD and just cna't stick to one project for more that 2 days. According to the Yarn Harlot I'm a "process knitter" and I can live with that!

Vendie
05-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Vendie - are you still working on this one?
I am but it is going a bit slow. Wicked is SO close now that I would like to actually finish it. I hope to make progress on this soon after.

I haven't given up on it, but I haven't made any progress either. It's going very slowly for me...I'm too distracted by socks.

ReneeKnits
05-15-2007, 10:29 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart: socks...