PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Hoodie Resize

stacy.duval
04-11-2007, 05:43 PM
After seeing the rogue hoodie FO from another knitter here, I really want to knit it. But, the pattern isn't offered in my size. Unfortunately, I am enough of a novice to not feel confident in my pattern rewrite abilities. So I am looking for someone who would be willing to modify the pattern to fit a bigger person. Maybe with more cast on stitches, and some short row shaping? I really want to do this pattern, but I want it to fit, and I don't want to have to do too much frogging because I knit very slowly, so playing with the pattern myself doesn't seem like a good idea.

Any volunteers? The link to the pattern is here http://www.girlfromauntie.com/patterns/shop/rogue/detail.php

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-11-2007, 09:25 PM
That link doesn't show the pattern, just the page to buy the pattern. Did you already purchase it? If so, you can easily change the numbers even if you've never done it before... you just have to make proportional changes for the bigger size. For instance, if the L says to CO 68 stitches, and the XL says to CO 76 stitches, the next size up would be to CO 84 (there's 8 stitches b/t each size)... if you needed to go up one more it would be 92.

You can do the same with figuring out yardage. If you want to PM me your measurements, and the pattern, I can totally help you. I'm used to biggerizing patterns! I can walk you through the process, and check your math.... I'm all about knitting math, too!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-11-2007, 09:27 PM
i just looked at the picture *looks* like there's only cabling around the neck--that means that the rest, done in st st, will be easy peasy to change!!!! You might not necessarily want a larger neck opening, so you should be able to just follow the charts for the cables.

stacy.duval
04-11-2007, 10:46 PM
I have not purchased the pattern yet, but I'm going to. There are cables on the sides as well.
http://www.hapagirl.com/knit/archives/images/RogueComplete.jpg
When I purchase the pattern, I will PM you. Thanks.