PDA

View Full Version : intro

Antigone87
04-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Hi everyone. I've just learned how to knit. I've been kniting for about 3 weeks now and I'm self taught. Sorta. I've learned by watching the videos on this site. Thank you for it!!

I'm very left handed. Always have been. My pattern that inspired me to start kniting calls for knit one purl one row. For kniting I've taken to the English method and for purling I've taken to contenetal.

Umm, don't really have anything else to say. I look forward to talking about kniting with you all!

Mariblue
04-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Welcome! :cheering:

orcoastknitter
04-13-2007, 01:38 AM
Welcome :waving:

CarmenIbanez
04-13-2007, 03:04 AM
Welcome to the black hole that will suck up all your spare time and money.

It's okay though, it's way better for you than say, heroin! :shrug:

Just kidding! Welcome!

auburnchick
04-13-2007, 09:38 AM

Just kidding! Welcome!

:roflhard:

Welcome to the family! We're dysfunctional, but in a warm fuzzy way. :teehee:

redwitch
04-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Hi!
Many patterns call for switching between knitting and purling in the same row - imagine ribbing where you knit 1, purl 1, etc. to the end of the row. This will be really time-consuming as you'll have to move the wool back and forth a lot. It might be worth choosing which hand will hold the wool for both k and p, and sticking with it.
Good luck! I'm left-handed and very glad I switched to Continental, it's a lot faster for me.

Sarah

Jan in CA
04-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Welcome to KH!!

nadja la claire
04-13-2007, 01:10 PM

Just kidding! Welcome!

No she's not kidding. Ye who enter here abandon all hope.

Eventually you will do whatever you have to to get your yarn and needles. You'll start off with the cheapo yarns and then one day you'll feel Mmmmmalabrigo and they'll be no going back. You'll hunt down all the beautiful, soft yarns and you'll do anything to get them. Your family will go unfed, your house will never get cleaned and finally your stash will take up every spare inch of space in your house. Just ask Ingrid her stash is monumental, we all envy her. Well at least our addiction doesn't hurt anyone.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

KathyinCali
04-13-2007, 01:35 PM