PDA

View Full Version : addi turbo's

tarrentella
04-13-2007, 04:30 PM
got some addi turbo's the other day - i had wondered why everyone raved about them, being new to knitting i assumed one set of needles was more or less like another

Boy was i wrong!!

they are so lovley to knit with :) all smooth and speedy and they some how make my hands knit better! its like they have some sort of magic knitting smell in them that takes over my hands :cheering:

ok i'll stop gushing now sorry :oops:

nadja la claire
04-13-2007, 04:36 PM
If you like the Addis you'll love KP Options. They're wonderfully smooth, the tips are sharp so they're great for lace, the cable is very flexible and the join is seamless. Plus they are a fraction of the cost of the Addis.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

brendajos
04-13-2007, 04:47 PM
yup i would take my KP Options a hundred times over before the Addis. There are parts to the addis that you don't notice until you have used the options. The addis have a blunter tip once you get to about size 4 and up... there is also a ridge between the shaft and the cable on sizes about 5 and up that i find annoying. it doesn't seem to exist as much with the KPOs or at least is a smoother glide.

i never thought i would prefer anything over addis but i also thought that about bamboo when i first started knitting. :teehee:

yup i am looking for the next great needle discovery! :rofl:

Julie
04-13-2007, 04:47 PM
You know, my mom just borrowed two of my Addis, and even though I'm not knitting with them right now (obviously) I'm kind of skittish not having them in the house. I love them so. :shifty:

quiltbugj
04-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Can't wait to get my Options! They are on their way. Woohoo!

Ingrid
04-13-2007, 05:07 PM
I love my Addis, too. The Options are great, as well.

nadja la claire
04-13-2007, 05:13 PM
yup i am looking for the next great needle discovery! :rofl:

That will be 16" KPO. :cheering:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Calamintha
04-13-2007, 08:13 PM
If you want needles with a sharper tip, there are new Addi Lace needles with a sharper tip. I haven't been able to get my hands on a pair yet but I've seen several people comment that they like them better than the Options.

Quietheart
04-14-2007, 06:23 AM
I have both options and addis. Options being so much sharper , while some people like them that way, really can be painful on the fingers depending on how you knit. I have to bandaid up my finger if I use them.
:(

So if possible I still grab my addis.

carmabelle1191
04-14-2007, 08:33 AM
I haven't tried my Options yet, but I just tried my first pair of Addi Turbos and I love them! They are so smooth, and the join is great. We'll have to see how they compare to the Options though, because everyone seems to like them better. :shrug:

dink
04-14-2007, 07:05 PM
I ordered a pair of Addi's Natura, the Bamboo kind, I haven't received them yet but I'm really anxious to work with them, considering how much I've read about how wonderful they are!

Now if only they'll get there! :tap: :teehee: