PDA

View Full Version : OT: wedding present for my brother.

tarrentella
04-14-2007, 03:12 PM
My brother is getting married at the end of september and i have no idea what to get him. He hasn done a gift list (that i know of any way) and he and hs partner have been living together for years so the traditional 'new home' stuff is out of the window.

Im not particularly close to my brother, i love him to bits and think hes a great guy but we have very little in common so have just never been close. I would like to get him something realy nice because i would like him to know that even though we not speak to or see each other regularly, i am happy for him and think it's great he and his partner have decided to make that comitment.

Oh he's a bit of a Treky, loves disney,the TV series Charmed and im sure has some other interests to but right now they escape me (im a terrible litle sister)

Any suggestions?

auburnchick
04-14-2007, 03:16 PM
A few years ago, a friend of mine made a beautiful afghan for her brother. I don't know if you want to buy or make something.

tarrentella
04-14-2007, 03:21 PM
I should have said sorry. Im looking into buying OR making right now!! it would be nice to make somthing though.

i thought of somthing to add to the 'what my brother likes' list. He has two lovely dogs - one is a miniture yorkshire terrier called max and the other is a somewhat overweight version of te one in GinnyG's avatar called Lola. :cheering:

Quiltlady
04-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Your relationship to your brother sounds a lot like mine. Mine is happily married with three children. We live about 20 minutes apart but we rarely see each other or even call. I'm happy when I do run into him but we just have never been "close" even growing up. We are only three years apart in age too. He is closer to my sister who was born in between both of us.

If you didnt' want to make him anything I think Gift Cards are always welcome. A nice dinner for two would be good also. good luck in whatever you decide to do.

auburnchick
04-14-2007, 03:49 PM
You know...maybe something handmade would be the bridge to starting a closer relationship with your brother. If nothing else, his wife would probably appreciate the value of something lovingly made.

I have two children...girl (oldest) and boy. It makes me sad to think that they would not be close when they get older.