PDA

View Full Version : I made out at Hancock too!!!

Mulderknitter
04-14-2007, 04:29 PM
I finally made a trip over to my Hancock Fabrics to see if they were going out of business too THEY ARE!!! :cheering: 40% off all yarn and needles, so I had to go a bit nuts.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture092.jpg
I got lots of thick and quick because it was all that was left, but then a bunch of landscape to make a felted bag, and a few needles in sizes I don't have. I know Im supposed to destash, but I couldnt' pass up the bargain! all told only $50! :cheering:

cristina61
04-15-2007, 06:10 PM
One of my local Hancock's is closing too, and I finally got over there to check it out.

Came away about $50 lighter, but it was so worth it! I picked up some Lion Cashmere, Fettuccini, Suede, and Wool-Ease. My only regret is that I couldn't justify buying more.

By coincidence, the LYS about a block away from Hancock's is also closing their store and having a big sale (they're going to concentrate on doing on-line sales) so of course I had to stop in there as well.

I got four skeins of Cascade Yarns Luna in Boysenberry for about $15. They have a ton of other great stuff, but I'm going to have to start getting creative about storing my stash so I restrained myself.

PaperGirl
04-16-2007, 10:12 AM
I went to mine last weekend...and spent a total of 30$, and got like 13 of Wool Ease, 3 of Magic Stripes, and a few needles.

Im going back when they go lower... :teehee:

brendajos
04-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Just remember it is likely that they won't go as low as they would if ALL the stores were closing. They may but they can also move some of the stock to other stores if it doesn't sell so they probably won't get rock bottom.

It's funny looking at your lists though... when I went to mine I just bought fabric and a couple skeins of microspun in case i decide to do dish clothes again...lol. i would have bought more but they had a two yard minimum to get the discounts and even I didn't need THAT much fabric! ;)