PDA

View Full Version : Desperately Seeking Pinguin

daisygirl
04-14-2007, 05:00 PM
:shrug: :wall:
HELP!!!! I'm almost done with the front of my shapely tank top and I know I'm going to run out..... :waah:

does anbody know where, or know anybody who knows where i can find some? i've searched on the internet many times and am coming up broke.

please please help me!!

carollovesyarn
04-15-2007, 03:58 AM
Which yarn by Pingouin (is that how the label spells it or are we talking about two different brands)? They made several different kinds. I think they are no longer in business, but I see their yarn all the time on eBay.

daisygirl
04-15-2007, 03:21 PM
it's pingouin super cable 100% cotton - color #9 lot 007...i've checked and am not seeing that particular yarn..just hoping that someone somewhere might have a random skein or two in their stash

carollovesyarn
04-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Well, no I don't. I'm not sure what color 9 is. You might want to ask by color since that's how most people think of their yarn.

I guess I'd try putting out a Want it Now on eBay. I was lucky and got some discontinued yarn I was looking for that way. Try some other boards too - knitters review, knitty, maybe some of the Yahoo buying groups.

debb
04-16-2007, 11:40 AM
I've seen that brand at the brick & mortar location of this LYS

http://www.velona.com/

They have on online store but the actual location is rather large and my impression is the have some stuff that stays around for awhile. You might call and see if they would do an actual stock check for you. I'd be willing to actually go for you if it looks promising but they can't follow through. Just PM me.

deb

daisygirl
04-16-2007, 05:33 PM
thanks for the tip debb, i've emailed them and am just waiting for a response...keeping all my crossables crossed!

daisygirl
04-16-2007, 07:10 PM
thank you so much debb!! they had it and it's coming to me!!!