PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else do this? Re: Patterns

bobi1218
04-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Ok, I have 3 projects OTNs now (which is about 1 more than my poor brain can handle, LoL), at least 3 or 4 projects 'on deck' - that I know I want to make, and either have the yarn for already or know what yarn I want to use. I'm also not the world's fastest knitter, and I only get to knit after the kids go to bed at night, so that should last me the better part of the summer.

So what am I doing now? Skimming through KPC, looking for other cute patterns, and bookmarking the ones I might want to make someday :) Is there a 12-step program for this somewhere? I'm addicted to knitting patterns!!

XbelovedXoneX
04-15-2007, 08:22 AM
I think all knitters are guilty of this... I know I am! :teehee: I'm worse with pretty yarn though. Even tho my stash isn't really that large, I still am constantly drooling over new yarns online (usually it's sock yarn), and end up feeling heartbroken because my budget won't let me to buy anymore! In fact, I was doing this last night while looking at Fleece Artists Sea Wool Sock yarn. *sigh*

and OT: I love your icon! I'm obsessed with sea turtles. :D

rebecca
04-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Oh my, I have literally 6+ boxes of yarn (http://whimsicalknitting.blogspot.com/2007/04/my-stash-is-flashing.html) and 85% of it is intended for certain patterns that have already been picked out....so, yeah, I'm very guilty of picking out projects to knit, then buying the yarn....I have an extensive "to knit" list!

jeanius80
04-15-2007, 11:47 AM
i too love patterns! i have a project or idea in mind for about 90% of my yarn. then there are the ''its too pretty/soft to not buy!" yarns.

Nobones
04-15-2007, 12:02 PM
I have more patterns than I could possiably EVER make up. I have had more than one thing going at a time, because sometimes I feel like doing one thing and not the other. Or I get stuck on one thing and work on the other until I sort my brain out. I haven't yet got to the point were my hubby has banned me from buying patterns but I can't be far off!

cheesiesmom
04-15-2007, 01:31 PM
I don't just bookmark the patterns, I print 'em out. I have reams (lliterally) of patterns I'm "gonna knit someday." :teehee:

suzeeq
04-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Yeah, `see pattern, save pattern'. I have over 30 mb of patterns saved, some are pdfs, some are individual text files or several patterns lumped together as to type.

sue