PDA

View Full Version : So much yarn....

cathoo
04-15-2007, 04:02 PM
So, my next door neighbour decided a few years ago that knitting was no longer her thing, but isn't one to waste things, so she held on to a good portion of her stash. A few weeks ago she found out that I knit, and last weekend sent her daughter by with a big bag of yarn! All she wants in exchange is a rainbow striped scarf!

http://lh5.google.ca/image/cathy.mcleod/RiJ-PvssqzI/AAAAAAAAAEY/kEgzM1eXnzA/s144/IMG_0222.jpg

A lot of it had been hand wound into really tough balls, so I spent a happy few hours taking pictures and using the ball winder :teehee:

More pics can be found at http://picasaweb.google.ca/cathy.mcleod/StashSwag

(If something catches your fancy, PM me!)

BostonBecca
04-15-2007, 04:08 PM
What a nice surprise, that is fantastic!

DreamWeaver
04-15-2007, 04:32 PM
whoa O.O that lady must be super nice. What a great surprise ^_^

SandraEllen
04-15-2007, 08:21 PM
awesome! i wish i knew someone like that!
:teehee:

Ginger0104
04-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Wow, you made out like a bandit!

I can't quite comprehend buying that much yarn then deciding knitting isn't 'your' thing - heck, I can't comprehend deciding knitting isn't your thing, period. But awesome score for you :) Enjoy your goodies!

jeanius80
04-16-2007, 01:56 AM
wow thats awsome!!
i :heart: the pink 'crinkly' yarn, so nice! and the black and hot pink chunky is great! what a nice nieghbor!

DQ
04-16-2007, 06:40 AM
Fabby! :happydance: And Taz is so cute :heart:

MamaKnits
04-16-2007, 01:02 PM
My aunt decided weaving wasn't her thing so she's gifting me with what she says is a huge tub of yarn the next time I see her. I'm not sure how weaving yarn differs from knitting yarn but hopefully there will be something I can use.

Congrats on the free stash enhancement!

cathoo
04-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the compliments! I just had to share!

Mamaknits: If I recall correctly, weaving yarn is not as "soft" as knitting yarn. My grandma used to weave, and she had lots of thin strings on cones, with some thicker stuff. It should be good for knitting something though!