PDA

View Full Version : On a date.

meearnol
04-15-2007, 09:02 PM
I went on a date last weekend, and after a few glasses of wine, we started asking each other questions to keep the conversation going. When he asked "what do you want out of life," God help me, I started talking about yarn. I think he thought I was kidding, but when I kept talking, he realized I wasn't. He laughed, and said "so, all you want is this particular kind of yarn, and your life will be complete?"

I guess if I'm going to start dating someone new, they'll find out about my yarn addiction eventually. :teehee:

Jan in CA
04-15-2007, 09:21 PM
:teehee:

cookworm
04-15-2007, 09:23 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What a cute story! Hey, the right kind of yarn makes a knitter happy...what can we say, right? :teehee: For me, if all it takes to make me really happy is finding the "perfect marriage" between the right yarn and the right pattern, I'd say that I'm a "low maintenance" person, and that's not such a bad thing.

dink
04-15-2007, 09:32 PM
:teehee: Well, maybe if you guys continue to go out, he'll surprise you one day with that perfect yarn! A sign that he was really paying attention to you too, instead of thinking you were crazy for having such a yarn addiction! :teehee:

Susan P.
04-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Tell him he only needs to be worried if you insist he is wrapped in yarn first *before* you kiss him.

:muah:

Petals
04-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Funny!!! :roflhard: :roflhard:

aineepooh1
04-16-2007, 01:17 AM
HE stayed for the date after you said it~~

All right~~ Sounds like a promising date to me~! :happydance: :happydance: :cheering:

KnittingNat
04-16-2007, 04:19 AM
That's a date you're talking about :))) Imagine living like that? I'm talking about yarn and knitting and my DH about car modelling (we have about 300 of 1:24 models at home!)...So we make special time to listen to each other :teehee:

Emeraldcutie
04-16-2007, 04:58 AM
It's better to get it out in the open up front..lol

I was dating a guy, that became a "serious" re;ationship. I never realized during the dating that I never spoke of my knitting, just never though much of it (we were always going to places I never knit at, and I wasn't as "addicted as I am now". lol)
One night we were at my place watching a tv show and I grabbed the sweater I was knitting from the bag beside me and started to knit. He looked at me strangely and asked if I could stop doing that. I thought maybe it was the needle sounds etc. Although in reality it was stop that forever. For some reason he just didn't like knitting, and thought that only old people should do it and not 23 year olds.
Well needless to say the relationship was short lived.
Which is a good thing considering my husband is very interested in what I knit and the different types of yarn, and encourages me to try new projects and yarns.

So if he can't like you for your quirky knitter style and love of yarn, he's not worth your time.
And yes maybe achieving that one elusive yarn will make everything complete :)

Best of luck out there :cheering:

Rycharde
04-16-2007, 05:28 AM
Do you have any clue how giddy I'd be if I found my orchid rainbow?

I think we all have our little things. I have my games and now knitting. Yeah I've put off dates for online gaming events. And what was even funnier is that last time my partner and I were up all night she's like "I though we were going to , you know, spend time together tonight" I said "when you put your video game down hunny" she said "when you put your knitting down!"

We stayed up in bed til the sun came up just playing games and knitting.

Thats love.