PDA

View Full Version : Most Used Yarn

habbyworld
04-16-2007, 05:50 PM
What is the most used yarn and needles that people use or does it just depend on what they are knitting ?

suzeeq
04-16-2007, 10:34 PM
It depends. Sometimes you want worsted yarn and needles for a sweater, thin yarn and small needles for socks, or thick yarn and large needles for chunky knits or hats and scarves. Not to mention circular and/or double pointed needles for knitting in the round. That's why most of us have several. Or many. Of both yarn and needles.

sue

DQ
04-17-2007, 05:47 AM
If you're talking UK brands of needles I'm liking the Pony circulars I have :heart:

habbyworld
04-17-2007, 06:24 AM
If you're talking UK brands of needles I'm liking the Pony circulars I have :heart:

I got afew Pony circulars on my website, still got afew more bits to put on there though, although haven`t got round to sorting it all out yet, It`s hard work having so much stuff and knowing what to call it and where to put it and still be able to find it when someone buys it. I need a map of some sort.

habbyworld
04-17-2007, 06:37 AM
It depends. Sometimes you want worsted yarn and needles for a sweater, thin yarn and small needles for socks, or thick yarn and large needles for chunky knits or hats and scarves. Not to mention circular and/or double pointed needles for knitting in the round. That's why most of us have several. Or many. Of both yarn and needles.

sue

So what do you think of the yarns that i am selling on my website, are they good for anything, since they are fancy and not your everyday type of yarn and do you think there cheap or expensive. I would like your honest oppinion.

MMK
04-17-2007, 06:41 AM
Those yarns must appeal to a lot of people since that's about all they sell at Michael's and Hobby Lobby. I don't know about the prices, they seem low enough to me. I have never figured out what to do with eyelash yarn.

habbyworld
04-17-2007, 07:11 AM
I`ve looked at alot of websites, and they charge alot more than i do, sometimes 3 to 4 a ball. Not really seen anyone on the web sell anything like i do though, dont suppose you know anywhere do you ?

suzeeq
04-17-2007, 10:38 AM
I can't say about your pricing since I don't know the exchange rate, but it would be helpful if you had the length as well as the weight. Weight alone isn't very helpful as different skeins of yarn will weigh the same, but one will be 100 meters and another will be 200 m.

sue

habbyworld
04-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Ok, thanks for that, that`s something i will have to add on.

habbyworld
04-17-2007, 11:10 AM
I can't say about your pricing since I don't know the exchange rate, but it would be helpful if you had the length as well as the weight. Weight alone isn't very helpful as different skeins of yarn will weigh the same, but one will be 100 meters and another will be 200 m.

sue

I`ve just had a look and most of it dont have the length on them.

DQ
04-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Those yarns must appeal to a lot of people since that's about all they sell at Michael's and Hobby Lobby. I don't know about the prices, they seem low enough to me. I have never figured out what to do with eyelash yarn.

My friend makes scarves with eyelash yarn :)

DQ
04-17-2007, 01:28 PM

I got afew Pony circulars on my website, still got afew more bits to put on there though, although haven`t got round to sorting it all out yet, It`s hard work having so much stuff and knowing what to call it and where to put it and still be able to find it when someone buys it. I need a map of some sort.

Sounds like you need to get organised! I'll keep your site in mine if I want more circs :mrgreen:

Lucy78green
04-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Most UK patterns that I've read don't specify length either but go by weight, only some balls I own have length on them
I personally don't like novelty yarn - you can only do scarves etc with them without making something unwearable.
Most of my needles are Milward or Aero

Quiara
04-17-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm not a novelty yarn user either. I prefer a nice, standard wool in exciting colors to one with an odd texture. Feathery overwhelms any sort of stitch definition. They were fun when I first started knitting and I use them on ocassion to make fun chemo caps, but that's about it for me. I'm far more likely to spend my money on merino or alpaca with a nice twist. ^_^

KnittingNat
04-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Though i'm a beginner (if 20 years of making scarves and tanks are anything else - let me know :roflhard: ), i'm not excited about these feather yarns, they are kind of itchy... By the way, are you selling the same needle size in 10 pairs' sets? Maybe you could match different needle sizes into sets, i think that would be more practical :)

Good luck with the store!

habbyworld
04-17-2007, 04:02 PM

Sounds like you need to get organised! I'll keep your site in mine if I want more circs :mrgreen:

Suppose i coud do with getting hold of afew knitting pattern, then i would know what some are used for.